reality is boring. Imagination & Fantasy is always better than reality.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

niki

reality is boring. Imagination & Fantasy is always better than reality.

Post by niki »

Does any of you here agree or can relate that we live in a boring reality, a boring real world, a boring real life?
Does anyone agree or can relate that real world is boring? real life is boring? reality is boring?

And Imagination & Fantasy is always better than reality, FAR better.
Science fiction (sci-fi), novels, movies, comics, video games is better than reality.

Reality is only all about Money. it's just really boring, mundane, & limiting!

I believe that our future progress for Humanity & Mankind Civilization is in our biggest, greatest potential: Human's Imagination.
that we should turn our wildest imagination into reality.

Technology such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Transhumanism, etc etc should progress much faster, so we can really escape this boring reality.

What do you think?
Philosophy Explorer

Re: reality is boring. Imagination & Fantasy is always better than reality.

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

niki wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:15 pm Does any of you here agree or can relate that we live in a boring reality, a boring real world, a boring real life?
Does anyone agree or can relate that real world is boring? real life is boring? reality is boring?

And Imagination & Fantasy is always better than reality, FAR better.
Science fiction (sci-fi), novels, movies, comics, video games is better than reality.

Reality is only all about Money. it's just really boring, mundane, & limiting!

I believe that our future progress for Humanity & Mankind Civilization is in our biggest, greatest potential: Human's Imagination.
that we should turn our wildest imagination into reality.

Technology such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Transhumanism, etc etc should progress much faster, so we can really escape this boring reality.

What do you think?
Since you have your imagination and fantasies, why be concerned with reality?

PhilX 🇺🇸
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

niki,

Here's Reality: I just spent close to 500 bucks on my shitbox for a brake job, oil change, and tune up.

Fantasy would be: ignoring the brakes, oil, and spark plugs cuz the Magic Automotive Faries were gonna swoop in at midnight and make it 'just right'.

Now, you can pin your hopes on Virtual Reality (fake reality), Augmented Reality (fake reality), Artificial Intelligence (fake intelligence), Transhumanism (fake people) if you like, but me? Nope. Apply all the glitz and shine to the grubbiness of livin' that you like, it's still a grubby life, no matter who you are.

Don't get me wrong: I like science fiction, novels, movies, comics, video games as much as anyone, but even in those I'd rather read about the grubby space freighter operator lugging 1000 metric tons of fertilizer to some rock scrabble colony in his decrepit hauler than of the shiny new people doin' marvelous things like sculpting nebula or wranglin' singularities.

Gimme a Kowloon, not the Normandy.

Gimme the Xhosa not the Enterprise.

Gimme a Hariven, not the Drake.