Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Just want to add that those attacking the US are most likely attacking themselves. The US is comprised of so many people from different parts of the world (whether it be black or Asians or white, etc.) that it's likely there's a close genetic relationship.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

PhilX: Not to mention, what happened when Trump said he was going to stop supporting such things as NATO? How many countries immediately bitched, moaned, whined, and demanded that the USA not stop taking an interest in world affairs?

How long would the UN even last if the USA pulled out? In fact, how long would any international institution last if the USA stopped supporting it?

Americans are really sick and tired of being bashed for helping others out and being involved international affairs, and also being bashed for no longer wanting to be involved and wanting to go home. It's pretty obvious what American-bashers want --- all the benefits of the USA while bitching about it. It's like an 18-year-old bitching about still living at home with her parents.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

The commandments for the religion of the Great Beast are included in political correctness. They are passed on through its priests called government officials. Sometimes they even push too hard.

Government officials with racist attitudes decided that a statue of a gorilla looks too much like black people so should be removed. We cannot have black people in cages.

Maybe i'm not PC or racist enough but the picture doesn't remind me of a black person. To me it looks like a gorilla. Even local residents couldn't take this stupidity but in time they will be absorbed into the religion of the Great Beast. It is just a matter of time. Resistance is futile.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/01/offensive ... ic-outcry/
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 pm Greatest: You claim that someone won't be allowed to stand up in a church and say something favorable for gays? Well, here is the thing: 1. Not all churches discriminate against gays. 2. Even for those that do, this is not a free-speech issue at all. No one gets to come into my home and say whatever they want, in the name of free-speech. I have property rights in my home, and can kick people off my property. Likewise, people who own a church, also have property rights and do not have to allow anyone on the premises. So, you are completely overlooking private property rights.

Freedom of speech means that the government cannot ban the content of one's speech, not that private property rights disappear.
Free speech is good.
Freely lying to the gullible for cash is not. It is fraud.

A church is a public space and I did not say anything about restricting gays from speaking in one.

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Freely lying to the gullible for cash...is fraud."

And you'd 'save' them...even if they don't wanna be saved.

Again: Leave. People. Alone.

If they succeed: let that success be theirs.

If they fail: let that failure be theirs.

Go tend to your own garden.
Philosophy Explorer

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 pm
Science Fan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 pm Greatest: You claim that someone won't be allowed to stand up in a church and say something favorable for gays? Well, here is the thing: 1. Not all churches discriminate against gays. 2. Even for those that do, this is not a free-speech issue at all. No one gets to come into my home and say whatever they want, in the name of free-speech. I have property rights in my home, and can kick people off my property. Likewise, people who own a church, also have property rights and do not have to allow anyone on the premises. So, you are completely overlooking private property rights.

Freedom of speech means that the government cannot ban the content of one's speech, not that private property rights disappear.
Free speech is good.

A church is a public space and I did not say anything about restricting gays from speaking in one.

Regards
DL
Fraudulent religions don't exist. Religions are based on belief. If you believe, you donate and if you don't believe, well. You can't lie on a belief, therefore no gullible. People can believe what they want. Belief is based on choice.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

Let me make one more point. To commit fraud for financial gain, there must be a transfer of funds from the alleged victim. However since the alleged victim is a member of the church, then the funds remain within the community of the church so there is no transfer from the alleged victim to the church so there is no fraud (as long as the funds are used for it's designated purpose).

PhilX 🇺🇸
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

PhilX wrote:

Let me make one more point. To commit fraud for financial gain, there must be a transfer of funds from the alleged victim. However since the alleged victim is a member of the church, then the funds remain within the community of the church so there is no transfer from the alleged victim to the church so there is no fraud (as long as the funds are used for it's designated purpose).

Let me expand this for the sake of diversity

Let me make one more point. To commit fraud for financial gain, there must be a transfer of funds from the alleged victim. However since the alleged victim is a member of society, then the funds remain within the community of the government so there is no transfer from the alleged victim to the government so there is no fraud (as long as the funds are used for it's designated purpose).

You know that the government will always use your money which is now their money for its designated purpose. To think otherwise would be too insulting to consider.
Greatest I am

Re:

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 pm "Freely lying to the gullible for cash...is fraud."

And you'd 'save' them...even if they don't wanna be saved.

Again: Leave. People. Alone.

If they succeed: let that success be theirs.

If they fail: let that failure be theirs.

Go tend to your own garden.
So much for doing unto others.
You do not seem to care about others.
If your garden is only for you, you might wonder why you do not love your neighbors enough to help them.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:18 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Free speech is good.

Regards
DL
Fraudulent religions don't exist. Religions are based on belief. If you believe, you donate and if you don't believe, well. You can't lie on a belief, therefore no gullible. People can believe what they want. Belief is based on choice.

PhilX 🇺🇸
"Fraudulent religions don't exist."

Your discernment is fraudulent.

Do these children believe what they want or what they have been indoctrinated to believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:23 am Let me make one more point. To commit fraud for financial gain, there must be a transfer of funds from the alleged victim. However since the alleged victim is a member of the church, then the funds remain within the community of the church so there is no transfer from the alleged victim to the church so there is no fraud (as long as the funds are used for it's designated purpose).

PhilX 🇺🇸
Sure. Like a new jet.

Regards
DL