Rainbow children

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Rainbow children

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I was just watching something on tv and there was an American kristian couple who had their own biological children, but decided (for some reason) that they should adopt some black African children (from an actual African country). Well-heeled Americans have been collecting 'rainbow' (umm, no black in a rainbow) children from various countries (generally African or Asian because apparently those earn a higher 'goodness' rating. There's not much point in adopting white children who could easily pass as your own), in the manner of Madonna, Angelina Jolie, that dwarf couple, and before them Mia Farrow (we all know how THAT ended up) for some time now. One has to keep up with the latest celebrity fashion trend, even if it could mean adopting a trans-gender Somalian with ADHD and Aids.
Isn't it a tad arrogant to just 'assume' that a child is automatically going to be happier and better adjusted in the US than in their own country? How incredibly condescending and racist to presume that all Africans and Asians are desperate to leave their own countries to live in America and couldn't possibly love their own homeland and culture; that they will automatically be better off in the US, the land of rampant obesity, incurable stupidity, school shootings, and fundy kkkristianity. Madonna even 'forgot' to ask for permission from the family of one of her 'acquisitions'; they were understandably upset. These are children; NOT fashion accessories like a chihuahua in a pink Gucci handbag.
I wonder what would happen if the tables were turned. How wonderful it would be if black Africans started going to the US to adopt white American children to take back to Uganda/Zimbabwe/Somalia etc. etc.
What do you think the reaction in the US would be? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greta

Re: Rainbow children

Post by Greta »

I don't know, Veg. There may well come a time when it's normal for those from civilised countries to start adopting American children.
vegetariantaxidermy

But the US is the best and most civilised country on the planet. Ask any American.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 am I was just watching something on tv and there was an American kristian couple who had their own biological children, but decided (for some reason) that they should adopt some black African children (from an actual African country). Well-heeled Americans have been collecting 'rainbow' (umm, no black in a rainbow) children from various countries (generally African or Asian because apparently those earn a higher 'goodness' rating. There's not much point in adopting white children who could easily pass as your own), in the manner of Madonna, Angelina Jolie, that dwarf couple, and before them Mia Farrow (we all know how THAT ended up) for some time now. One has to keep up with the latest celebrity fashion trend, even if it could mean adopting a trans-gender Somalian with ADHD and Aids.
Isn't it a tad arrogant to just 'assume' that a child is automatically going to be happier and better adjusted in the US than in their own country? How incredibly condescending and racist to presume that all Africans and Asians are desperate to leave their own countries to live in America and couldn't possibly love their own homeland and culture; that they will automatically be better off in the US, the land of rampant obesity, incurable stupidity, school shootings, and fundy kkkristianity. Madonna even 'forgot' to ask for permission from the family of one of her 'acquisitions'; they were understandably upset. These are children; NOT fashion accessories like a chihuahua in a pink Gucci handbag.
I wonder what would happen if the tables were turned. How wonderful it would be if black Africans started going to the US to adopt white American children to take back to Uganda/Zimbabwe/Somalia etc. etc.

I heard someone talk about this incident of adoption in America a few weeks ago. The issue, in America, is due to the abortion rate our orphanages have no kids.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Looks to be more to do with a change in your fostering system but there's still 100,000 awaiting adoption in the US.

www.americanadoptions.com/adoption/arti ... le_id/4489
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 pm Looks to be more to do with a change in your fostering system but there's still 100,000 awaiting adoption in the US.

www.americanadoptions.com/adoption/arti ... le_id/4489
The couple I knew had difficulty with that system because of the bureaucratic paper work and had to go to Poland. Long story short, as the above thread observes, the adoption did not go well because of the cultural adjustment.
vegetariantaxidermy

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 am I was just watching something on tv and there was an American kristian couple who had their own biological children, but decided (for some reason) that they should adopt some black African children (from an actual African country). Well-heeled Americans have been collecting 'rainbow' (umm, no black in a rainbow) children from various countries (generally African or Asian because apparently those earn a higher 'goodness' rating. There's not much point in adopting white children who could easily pass as your own), in the manner of Madonna, Angelina Jolie, that dwarf couple, and before them Mia Farrow (we all know how THAT ended up) for some time now. One has to keep up with the latest celebrity fashion trend, even if it could mean adopting a trans-gender Somalian with ADHD and Aids.

I heard someone talk about this incident of adoption in America a few weeks ago. The issue, in America, is due to the abortion rate our orphanages have no kids.
That has nothing to do with my post. Those women have their own biological children.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:10 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:18 pm

That has nothing to do with my post. Those women have their own biological children.