One-way-street time vs circular time

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: One-way-street time vs circular time

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:37 pm How was the logic formed from which computer enabled themselves? As to the 1's and 0's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_code
http://www.commens.org/encyclopedia/art ... adic-logic
Thanks for the links, but I studied computer science for years.

"computers enabled themselves" Loooool :D
Yes 0s and 1s float in the air, and they fly into the computers so they can enable themselves.
Somehow I doubt, you have had any form of physical altercation or struggle...otherwise you would not only observe the necessity of "mind over matter", but quite frankly be thankful for the concept. I am guessing...early twenties, difficulty in college, couldn't get the girl, piss poor family (treated eachother poorly, not in the financial sense), and the general young male angry, because everything around him threatens his identity....is that a true guess?

The one thing I love, not like about philosophy, is that it has no real limits...I can address a concept...or the person directly. There are so many philosophical schools which justify each side.

But this is an internet forum dedicated, quite literally, to debating. If this is not real, then why are you here? Since when was a debate not a form of intellectual athleticism? How is this no different than intellectual exercise?
Hehe, you guessed correctly about me! :) Once that is, which is about 14% of the time. You have amazing psychological reading skills.

Ok so you admitted that you are weak, you hid in your head in your mental ivory tower. The problem is, you see, that there is no mind-matter dualism. So you are simply delusional, and your maths is also based on this delusion system.
According to you it does not really exist, so in effect by your own definition if you understand it you understand nothing.
These statements show again, that you don't have any grasp what abstractions are.
Observing your conclusions contradicting your premises...yes I am observing self-refuting nonsensical circular reasoning.
No, you just don't understand how human thinking works. At all. And your maths is based on it. Which is why you won't be the next Euler, sorry.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:37 pm How was the logic formed from which computer enabled themselves? As to the 1's and 0's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_code
http://www.commens.org/encyclopedia/art ... adic-logic
Thanks for the links, but I studied computer science for years.

Well that explains why you have to put everything into a box you can control.

"computers enabled themselves" Loooool :D
I know, its really funny and absurd, it must mean they were formed from something else entirely, an idea most likely.

Yes 0s and 1s float in the air, and they fly into the computers so they can enable themselves.

Take that up with the quantum computer guys. Besides, as abstact entities, one's and zero can't float in the air because they don't exist remember?
Somehow I doubt, you have had any form of physical altercation or struggle...otherwise you would not only observe the necessity of "mind over matter", but quite frankly be thankful for the concept. I am guessing...early twenties, difficulty in college, couldn't get the girl, piss poor family (treated eachother poorly, not in the financial sense), and the general young male angry, because everything around him threatens his identity....is that a true guess?

The one thing I love, not like about philosophy, is that it has no real limits...I can address a concept...or the person directly. There are so many philosophical schools which justify each side.

But this is an internet forum dedicated, quite literally, to debating. If this is not real, then why are you here? Since when was a debate not a form of intellectual athleticism? How is this no different than intellectual exercise?
Hehe, you guessed correctly about me! :) Once that is, which is about 14% of the time. You have amazing psychological reading skills.

That's good, which one?

Ok so you admitted that you are weak, you hid in your head in your mental ivory tower. The problem is, you see, that there is no mind-matter dualism. So you are simply delusional, and your maths is also based on this delusion system.

Then 1 and 0 are delusional also, hence what you do is worthless. For how weak I am, you see to be fascinated with everything I say, tell me then...what is strength?
According to you it does not really exist, so in effect by your own definition if you understand it you understand nothing.
These statements show again, that you don't have any grasp what abstractions are.
Observing your conclusions contradicting your premises...yes I am observing self-refuting nonsensical circular reasoning.
No, you just don't understand how human thinking works. At all. And your maths is based on it. Which is why you won't be the next Euler, sorry.
Why would I want to be anyone other than myself...we can see all the fun that causes....besides Euler's work was based in mathematical abstractions...according to you he is also full of it.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm Well that explains why you have to put everything into a box you can control.
then how come you're the one sitting in a funny box :D
I know, its really funny and absurd, it must mean they were formed from something else entirely, an idea most likely.
:D
Take that up with the quantum computer guys. Besides, as abstact entities, one's and zero can't float in the air because they don't exist remember?
IT WAS A JOKE :D
That's good, which one?
No, not the "couldn't get a girl" one. :D Quite the opposite on that one
You were hoping weren't you
Then 1 and 0 are delusional also, hence what you do is worthless. For how weak I am, you see to be fascinated with everything I say, tell me then...what is strength?
That's right I'm fascinated by the things you say. You see I won the original debate like 2 and a half pages ago (if there ever was one), but I'm curious how you come up with all these things you say?
Why would I want to be anyone other than myself...we can see all the fun that causes....besides Euler's work was based in mathematical abstractions...according to you he is also full of it.
Well if you hide in your head, then you hardly even exist, from my point of view.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm Well that explains why you have to put everything into a box you can control.
then how come you're the one sitting in a funny box :D
IT WAS A JOKE :D
Wait...I it's in the air...I can't seem to catch it...it must not exist I guess.
That's good, which one?
No, not the "couldn't get a girl" one. :D Quite the opposite on that one
You were hoping weren't you

I just never seen a lesbian relationship last long...I am such an asshole for believing they can't find true love....my apologies I can be dick sometimes.
That's right I'm fascinated by the things you say. You see I won the original debate like 2 and a half pages ago (if there ever was one), but I'm curious how you come up with all these things you say?
If you conquered an argument that meant nothing...did you win anything? Or is the victory just made up...it's all so abstract.
Well if you hide in your head, then you hardly even exist, from my point of view.
Then I must not exist, and in turn you are talking to yourself in your own head...do you call yourself a coward often?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 pmWait...I it's in the air...I can't seem to catch it...it must not exist I guess.
I just never seen a lesbian relationship last long...I am such an asshole for believing they can't find true love....my apologies I can be dick sometimes.
Hmm so you have a fascination with lesbian couples? You sure seem to know a lot about them. :)
If you conquered an argument that meant nothing...did you win anything? Or is the victory just made up...it's all so abstract.
Well I was waiting for you to make an interesting philosophical argument but that never happened, so no, not really. But it was still kinda entertaining
Then I must not exist, and in turn you are talking to yourself in your own head...do you call yourself a coward often?
You are hiding there, almost like a solipsist, well if the rest of the world is basically unreal to you, then why should I treat you differently in return?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 pmWait...I it's in the air...I can't seem to catch it...it must not exist I guess.
Hmm so you have a fascination with lesbian couples? You sure seem to know a lot about them. :)

Actually I thought you could explain it to me, I would be hypocrite otherwise.
Well I was waiting for you to make an interesting philosophical argument but that never happened, so no, not really. But it was still kinda entertaining
Philosophy does not exist, according to you, because it deals with abstractions.
You are hiding there, almost like a solipsist, well if the rest of the world is basically unreal to you, then why should I treat you differently in return?
Who said the physical is unreal if it is an idea? I don't exist, according to you, I am a hallucination in your head...you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself...I know, write some code, put it into a computer then it will become real...
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pmPhilosophy does not exist, according to you, because it deals with abstractions.
What the hell are you talking about. :D
Who said the physical is unreal if it is an idea? I don't exist, according to you, I am a hallucination in your head...you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself...I know, write some code, put it into a computer then it will become real...
No seriously, you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. :)))

You wrote elsewhere that your sole trade is: being more confused than others. I can respect honesty.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:20 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pmPhilosophy does not exist, according to you, because it deals with abstractions.
What the hell are you talking about. :D
It does not deal with abstractions then?
No seriously, you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. :)))
Stop talking to yourself that way...

You wrote elsewhere that your sole trade is: being more confused than others. I can respect honesty.
Hence I can see it in others without any fear of hypocrisy.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:05 pm Hence I can see it in others without any fear of hypocrisy.
I'm curious though.. there in your closed-off little world, all alone there in your head, with only reflecting points and circles to keep you company.. do you ever get lonely, or not? (Some people don't, which is why I'm asking)
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:34 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:05 pm Hence I can see it in others without any fear of hypocrisy.
I'm curious though.. there in your closed-off little world, all alone there in your head, with only reflecting points and circles to keep you company.. do you ever get lonely, or not? (Some people don't, which is why I'm asking)
If everything is an extension of thought, including the observable world around me I perceive through my senses, whether it be family, friends, work, whatever... how exactly is one separated from the world?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:25 pm
If everything is an extension of thought, including the observable world around me I perceive through my senses, whether it be family, friends, work, whatever... how exactly is one separated from the world?
The world isn't an extension of your thoughts, that's how.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm
"Thought" does not equal "My thought"...but okay, why is it not an extension of thought?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:55 pm

"Thought" does not equal "My thought"...but okay, why is it not an extension of thought?
It feels a little strange having to write these, but all the thoughts and abstract realms you see happening, are actually all your thoughts.
The outside world which you percieve through your senses, is not a thought or an extension of thought however.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:49 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:55 pm
It feels a little strange having to write these, but all the thoughts and abstract realms you see happening, are actually all your thoughts.
If Parmenides, Heraclitus, Plato, Pythagoras, Wittgenstien, etc. observed similar forms of abstractness (along with the men who provided the foundation for the logic used in computer programming) are they strictly "my" thoughts alone? Or am I building off the observations of others?

The outside world which you percieve through your senses, is not a thought or an extension of thought however.
How are the senses interpretted and what seperates reason from sensory experience?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:52 pm If Parmenides, Heraclitus, Plato, Pythagoras, Wittgenstien, etc. observed similar forms of abstractness (along with the men who provided the foundation for the logic used in computer programming) are they strictly "my" thoughts alone? Or am I building off the observations of others?
You seem to be misunderstanding something here, abstract thinking is an everyday thing, especially above ~100-110 IQ or so. There is nothing special about it. It's a type of human thinking. Of course all great thinkers were perfectly capable of abstractness, but some might have misunderstood it.
How are the senses interpretted and what seperates reason from sensory experience?
Sensory experience itself is in the head, just like reason. You could even argue that sensory experience is a rudimentary form of "thought". But what sensory experience "shows", is not a thought, it's the outside world.