Infanticide

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Infanticide

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 amYou've been repeating the same bullshit mantras to ALL who bothered to respond to your demented posts from the very beginning...or haven't you noticed; everyone else has!
It takes two to tango...You've been repeating the same bullshit mantras to ALL who bothered to respond to your demented posts from the very beginning...or haven't you noticed; everyone else has!

“The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” - Jung

Nonsense IS sense, because sense cannot be not sense, it's either sense or it isn't.

Can two minds ever meet up to dissolve as one?

Nope...apparently not...don't judge else you be judged.

Be still and silent and know truth for the very first time..

Everything is your equal...because everything is sharing the same space and breathing the same air as you.

On the other hand...

https://favim.com/image/4646971/
seeds

Post by seeds »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 am
Matthew 22

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”
21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.
Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”
Horizontal thinking which concerns you and those like Greta with a Trump obsession is concerned with what to give to Caesar. Vertical thinking which concerns me opens to what to give to God. Don’t confuse the two
First of all, Nick, based on the fact that you made the following statement in an alternate thread...
Nick_A wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 am
...my idea of God is Plato’s Good or Plotinus’ ONE.
...it is therefore obvious that you do not believe that the God of the Bible (i.e., a “Creator” Being with a “personal” identity) actually exists.

In which case, I cannot help but think that you are being disingenuous (if not outright hypocritical) by using quotes from the Bible to support your arguments.

Secondly, I don’t think that Greta has a Trump obsession...

...(dang, I mentioned the name of “he who must not be named” :D).

No, I think that like most of us she is experiencing a recurring “punch-in-the-gut” sense of astonishment that so many humans (such as yourself, for example) could be accepting of a duplicitous and habitually lying “man-child” being at the helm of what was once a respected country.

Thirdly (and despite appearances), I personally couldn’t care less about politics and the obvious horizontal mindset of the two-dimensional “suits” (the tiny caesars and caesarettes) who (IMO) seem to be nothing more than old high school students who never outgrew their need to be the senior class presidents.

And lastly, as per your contrasting of vertical and horizontal thinking,...

...I suggest that a truly vertical thinking person should have an “aerial” view of the earth (kind of like looking down on it from outer space) where one functions as a highly-conscious (yet detached) observer who is never fooled or blindly influenced by the low-conscious nonsense taking place on its surface.
_______
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:36 am
Greta wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 amNot subjects but techniques. The most basic technique is enabling conscious attention. But secularism will fight to the death to deny it since it prevents indoctrination and directed attention that furthers it.
Nick, if you used "conscious attention" to a superior degree you would not be a Fox consuming, Trump admiring irritant.
Nick_A wrote:Horizontal thinking which concerns you and those like Greta with a Trump obsession is concerned with what to give to Caesar. Vertical thinking which concerns me opens to what to give to God. Don’t confuse the two...

A secularist needs a scapegoat to explain why things go wrong, For Greta it is Trump. I’m simply not attracted to a thoughtless obsession.
Since you have been so obviously deeply stung and embarrassed by your uncritical support of The Don as he blunders from mess to mess, I thought I'd add another, as above.

Basically, you most admire in public life a man whose lying is legendary. This immediately disqualifies you in your claims to possessing the tools of "higher consciousness". Can't you see that? Mentioning your admiration for Trump simply exposes your double standards without having to waste too many words on you.
You must have had some sort of traumatic experience leading to this obsession with Donald Trump. Thank goodness I don't have such an obsession with Hillary Clinton. That would truly be cruel, unusual, and inhuman punishment
Since you are playing rhetorical games and refusing to address the genuine issue raised, we need larger type to make things more clear:
Since you have been so obviously deeply stung and embarrassed by your uncritical support of The Don as he blunders from mess to mess, I thought I'd add another, as above.

Basically, you most admire in public life a man whose lying is legendary. This immediately disqualifies you in your claims to possessing the tools of "higher consciousness". Can't you see that?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:51 am
Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 am I wonder what you see when you look in a mirror!
I see myself..the infallible one, the irrefutable one.

I stand in awe and gratitude at how I could even see myself in the first place.

How I AM even alive to witness this?

It's a miracle.

I cannot repeat.

Even more of a miracle...is that I cannot repeat it.

Signed, ghostwriter.
If you managed to be a "ghostwriter" you'd make more sense by making your nonsense invisible! Also, couldn't care in the least how you see yourself. I see you as Nick's little pit-bull; nothing more than that; the Cheech & Chong of eternal values only not nearly as funny!
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:17 pmI see you as Nick's little pit-bull; nothing more than that; the Cheech & Chong of eternal values only not nearly as funny!
The polarisation is interesting. One side has a romantic view of life while the other prefers realism and logic.

There is a place for romanticism in the personal domain, but it is toxic when it leaks into the public domain and policy making. So, for instance, when it comes to abortion policy one should consider the stages of development of the nervous system more than the romanticised notion of human souls being not only present in embryos, but divine.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

What is it about the topic of infanticide which intensifies the nonsensical Trump obsession? Maybe Dr. Phil can figure this out. The freedom to kill babies because they are determined by their mother to lack value is somehow related to Trump intolerance. Maybe those who consider babies to lack value also believe Trump lacks value while Obama, the ideal demagogue, has value. Maybe some kid will write a PhD thesis on this and blaze new paths

Seeds apparently doesn’t realize that the Bible was written to appeal to different qualities of understanding. There is no reason not to quote it. Why should I assume everyone reads it superficially?

Greta yelled:

Basically, you most admire in public life a man whose lying is legendary. This immediately disqualifies you in your claims to possessing the tools of "higher consciousness". Can't you see that?

I have never written anything about Trump. He is doing a good job especially since secular progressives do what they can to block progress. But there are people I admire much more than Trump. If I mentioned them you would just yell louder. You, who believes in inflicting metaphysical repression on the young leading to spirit killing is concerned with higher consciousness? Maybe the problem is that we haven’t decided which babies lack value so can be killed at will. Male, female black, white, yellow. Hindu, Christian, Buddhist etc. Which of these babies will be declared protected by secular experts in these matters and card carrying representatives of the Great Beast. The question is about to come up and the debate will follow since it is believed we create our own reality.. But first things first. Donald Trump must be condemned by secular progressives. After that we can decide which babies should be also condemned. This is what is called the results of a progressive education.

Who would have thought that the once highly regarded concept of education has become dirty word and nothing but the means for indoctrination. Yes infanticide will become an accepted norm. Why not? Without eternal values there is no objective reason why the state should not have the power of life and death
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote of DaM
I see you as Nick's little pit-bull
If I need the help of a pit bull I'll request the assistance of the one and only man of the hour, the tower of power, too sweet to be sour, the reflection of perfection, and the number one selection.

If he is not available I'll request the help of Xena. You probably have Xenaphobia. You think the warrior princess will jump through the TV screen and kick your ass. Well she may just do it if a pit bull is needed.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 pm
Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:17 pmI see you as Nick's little pit-bull; nothing more than that; the Cheech & Chong of eternal values only not nearly as funny!
The polarisation is interesting. One side has a romantic view of life while the other prefers realism and logic.

There is a place for romanticism in the personal domain, but it is toxic when it leaks into the public domain and policy making. So, for instance, when it comes to abortion policy one should consider the stages of development of the nervous system more than the romanticised notion of human souls being not only present in embryos, but divine.
You are the romantic. You have this misguided faith in the Great Beast. Realists know that since we are as we are, everything remains as it is regardless of the most wonderful speeches by advocates of the Great Beast..The Great Beast follow the cycles of life including the cycle of war and peace. As a romantic you believe intellect will outgrow it. Realists know that our lives are not governed by intellect but rather by negative emotions so everything repeats.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:09 pm
Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 amYou've been repeating the same bullshit mantras to ALL who bothered to respond to your demented posts from the very beginning...or haven't you noticed; everyone else has!
It takes two to tango...You've been repeating the same bullshit mantras to ALL who bothered to respond to your demented posts from the very beginning...or haven't you noticed; everyone else has!
Best I can do is dig a hole and bury it whenever encountered; It's a free service I gladly render...for the good of others! I'm nothing if not altruistic! :lol:

Your ability to convey an idea is commendable! Strange I never noticed that before...or was this the first time?
:wink:

“The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” - Jung
I agree! Hopefully after a long drawn out eventuality, you and Nick will eventually make sense!

Nonsense IS sense, because sense cannot be not sense, it's either sense or it isn't.
If I tied my shoelaces that way, one shoelace would suffice for a pair of shoes!

On the other hand...

https://favim.com/image/4646971/

This poem is barely a poem.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:19 am Dubious wrote of DaM
I see you as Nick's little pit-bull
If I need the help of a pit bull I'll request the assistance of the one and only man of the hour, the tower of power, too sweet to be sour, the reflection of perfection, and the number one selection.

If he is not available I'll request the help of Xena. You probably have Xenaphobia. You think the warrior princess will jump through the TV screen and kick your ass. Well she may just do it if a pit bull is needed.
You have neither the wit or talent for insult; every time you try cuts the W from Wit and adds SH to the left of IT!

Better stick to your true, tried and practiced mantras of Great Beast, Secular Intolerance and how the whole caboodle forms your magnificent edifice of Eternal Values...not that it's any better than SH + IT.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 am

You are the romantic. You have this misguided faith in the Great Beast. Realists know that since we are as we are, everything remains as it is regardless of the most wonderful speeches by advocates of the Great Beast..The Great Beast follow the cycles of life including the cycle of war and peace. As a romantic you believe intellect will outgrow it. Realists know that our lives are not governed by intellect but rather by negative emotions so everything repeats.
All this bullshit about the Great Beast is terribly dull. At least I've only been banging on about your love of Trump for a couple of months. You have crapped on about the GB for YEARS, and it's simply unhinged nonsense, much like what your pal, Trump, sprouts :lol:

It doesn't surprise me that you believe negative emotions govern everyone's lives. Fortunately, most people are not like you.

The repetitions you refer to are simply cycles of nature and culture; these are not bad things! Somehow such "repeating" cycles have produced humanity and other complex beings from microbes over a few billion years. In other words, the cycles are not true repetitions of what came before but always somewhat different, just as the Earth is a little different with each cycle around the Sun.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 amMaybe the problem is that we haven’t decided which babies lack value so can be killed at will.
Unlike christianity which has declared that all babies are born in original sin, and that any who die prior to baptism will burn in hell for eternity.
How big a problem is it Nick_A? Do you have any statistics to suggest we should be concerned about secular mothers murdering their newborns?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:51 am
Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 am I wonder what you see when you look in a mirror!
I see myself..the infallible one, the irrefutable one.

I stand in awe and gratitude at how I could even see myself in the first place.

How I AM even alive to witness this?

It's a miracle.

I cannot repeat.

Even more of a miracle...is that I cannot repeat it.

Signed, ghostwriter.
If you managed to be a "ghostwriter" you'd make more sense by making your nonsense invisible! Also, couldn't care in the least how you see yourself. I see you as Nick's little pit-bull; nothing more than that; the Cheech & Chong of eternal values only not nearly as funny!
Aww, now come on, even a child wouldn't know invisible without knowing visible...we are seeing double here, mind / body dualism. You can see your body, but not your mind...simply because the mind/body dualism are nondual.

Just stating the obvious from a clear headed intelligence observation that a child would understand...sometimes the most simplistic ideas confound and befuddle the adult mind.

Children lived as nondual beings...until they were informed by others..taught to talk, given a name...the one became the many ..etc..etc..

In that permission to allow ourselves to be human..we forgot about our true nondual self...many of us remember what we never forgot.

The thing is..the invisible does not hold any value for the human being...it only cares about the visible.

The hard problem is understanding the nonduality is never divided, nonduality is duality...because duality cannot not exist.

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

So, for instance, when it comes to abortion policy one should consider the stages of development of the nervous system more than the romanticised notion of human souls being not only present in embryos, but divine.
I agree completely and would add, the idea of soul already inhabiting the embryonic stage comes across as quite grotesque. Far grander is how life develops as a whole, humans being a part, without needing an implied superficiality called soul to separate it from everything else. I find that idea demeaning in how it desperately attempts to endorse humans above and beyond as nature never gave any such license.

It's not really a "romanticised" notion, which has very different connotations, but rather a religious type of cultism which regards any counter views, regardless of merit, as complete anathema. It explains the constant chanting of key words making them oblivious to every argument as though hypnotized. A mental blister of such magnitude is more prone to purposely constrain a soul, figuratively speaking, then allowing it freedom and expression which is actually a hallmark of Romanticism.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:45 am
Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:32 am
Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 am
You still haven't explained what is wrong with infanticide if there are no eternal values.
Infanticide should be one of your eternal values being fully accepted, found perfectly reasonable and completely justified by Plato himself, one of your chief enlightenment gurus and expounder of Eternal Values. Explain that!

To quote Will Durant:

Plato will call for the exposure of all feeble children and of those born of base or elderly parents.

Why is it EVERYONE thinks you're a complete mental screw-up...except one who has the same "cultist" mentality as you.
If you would think as good as you emote you may discover an important question. How does respecting survival of the fittest as a natural value relate to respect for life as an eternal value? Let's see how you can complain that away for the safety of avoiding contemplation.
Nick, today, if suddenly the world was a total anarchy, you'd probably be the first idiot to become MEAT! There are those out there that would rip you to shreds! Afterwords picking their teeth with one of your bloody phalanges. You see, that world is illusory to people like you that's fat dumb and happy sitting in your relative easy chair. I tell you what me buck-o, join your local military of armed fighting men and ask to be placed on the front of the worst current war, so you can experience a true world of anarchy, so as to come to grips with your fantasy world of wolves. I'm sure it'll wipe that demented smirk right off your face. With any luck you'll only come back with half a face, that'll surely teach you a lesson, you'll never forget. You'll wish you had shut your mouth here, and enjoyed your stratolounger instead. You know what they say fool(?), "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." But then in truth, that's merely a fools game, because one can never truly be on the other side, they're always on their side. No matter where one goes, there they are. Your idea of not being a sheep, rather your illusory big bad wolf, simply places you on the menu, of the bigger badder wolves. Live by the sword, die by the sword! Or maybe much worse!

What ever has got you panties in a bunch, should itself be addressed instead of imagining a world of wolves and sheep, as it's all just a state of mind. I've been very successful in ripping mankind's conceptions/illusions to shreds, thanks to philosophy. It would seem that there are plethora perspectives that show a much more realistic picture, rather than mankind's generally accepted dogma, his current program. In fact, the so called wolves, are just scared shit-less, which is why they're so frantic about not being one of the equal people of the masses.

The Body Electric
One humanoid escapee
One android on the run
Seeking freedom beneath the lonely desert sun

Trying to change its program
Trying to change the mode, crack the code
Images conflicting into data overload

One zero zero one zero zero one
SOS
In distress
One zero zero one zero zero

Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Unit One's in trouble and it's scared out of its wits

Guidance systems break down
A struggle to exist
To resist
A pulse of dying power in a clenching plastic fist

SOS
In distress
One zero zero one zero zero

It replays each of the days
A hundred years of routines
Bows its head and prays
To the mother of all machines

--Rush-- (2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees)

I very simple metaphor that you should be able to understand, as it pertains to your situation. But then it applies to a lot of us. The only problem lies in the program one chooses.

Just in case you're not familiar with binary to ASCII conversion.

1001001 = "I" in ASCII text
SOS
1001001 = "I" in ASCII text
In distress
100100 = "$" in ASCII text