Infanticide

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Infanticide

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 pm Light does not glow from a person. There are no people, there are only stories about people read by the pristine light of pure awareness. All dross appears and disappears into the same one light that exposes it.

You are the light of awareness, not the dross... but if you want to be the dross, then so be it, awareness looks on in detachment not caring because it knows you will always seek the light of your true nature... you cannot leave yourself even for a second...stumbling around in the darkness seems like fun at the time, but it will soon become tiresome..as the weary one you will look for replenishment...which is always available for you because it is you.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
This is half-baked nondualism. The light of awareness and the dross are one and the same thing, because they are non-dual. You are not very bright, are ya
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:59 am
Would you be open to conversing by PMs free of ridicule? Perhaps you may write something that will resonate with me which would appear in an eventual article. I’m in the market for human rather than academic responses. When a person has been touched, a certain something appears within their writings which is far more genuine than the usual. That is why I’m in the market for the responses of those who have experience what it means to turn towards the light.
Thanks.

I will PM you if I have something I would like to share with you, at the moment, nothing is coming to mind, but will contact you when it does.

What I would like to agree with you on is the direct experience of dying while you are alive, it's real, it happened to me, it was the best thing that ever happened to me and the worse...because one is a lonely number...and knowing that everything in existence is yourself looking back at you is hard because you just want to tell everyone and thing this truth.. but they seem to have no idea what you are talking about...it can get a bit lonely, but that's unavoidable, and it does not matter, because being dead or alive is the same sweet home..it's all home, it's all safe and well. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:14 pm This is half-baked nondualism. The light of awareness and the dross are one and the same thing, because they are non-dual. You are not very bright, are ya
Ooh god, it's the idiot again.

Of course it's all one and the same, but there is one minor subtle difference dummy...dross comes and goes in you...you don't come and go. So you can't be the dross can you, you can only be the you that stays firm and withstanding and all enduring of the dross.

:shock:
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:23 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:14 pm This is half-baked nondualism. The light of awareness and the dross are one and the same thing, because they are non-dual. You are not very bright, are ya
Ooh god, it's the idiot again.

Of course it's all one and the same, but there is one minor subtle difference dummy...dross comes and goes in you...you don't come and go. So you can't be the dross can you, you can only be the you that stays firm and withstanding and all enduring of the dross.

:shock:
That's not nondualism. Of course the absolute never comes and goes, but the absolute cannot be personified. The absolute does not "stay firm". The absolute does not "withstand". The absolute does not "endure". The absolute is not an "I". The absolute is beyond conceptualization.
what the hell did you read in all those books you mentioned anyway? Are you really, honestly that dense?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm
That's not nondualism. Of course the absolute never comes and goes, but the absolute cannot be personified. The absolute does not "stay firm". The absolute does not "withstand". The absolute does not "endure". The absolute is not an "I". The absolute is beyond conceptualization.
what the hell did you read in all those books you mentioned anyway? Are you really, honestly that dense?
Relative ideas about the absolute is absurd.

Please learn to discern what is being pointed to here instead of trying to get past the horizon.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm The absolute does not "stay firm". The absolute does not "withstand". The absolute does not "endure". The absolute is not an "I". The absolute is beyond conceptualization.
That which does not stand firm...apparent stands firm.

That which does not withstand...apparently withstands.

That which does not endure...apparently endures.

There, does that meet with your approval?

Or is that wrong too...if so, then correct it. Lets see if you can put this into words any better?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:39 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm
Relative ideas about the absolute is absurd.

Please learn to discern what is being pointed to here instead of trying to get past the horizon.
You don't just point to it, you talk from the absolute point of view most of the time, you actually believe yourself to be the voice of the absolute. That's a rather common form of insanity.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:43 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm The absolute does not "stay firm". The absolute does not "withstand". The absolute does not "endure". The absolute is not an "I". The absolute is beyond conceptualization.
That which does not stand firm...apparent stands firm.

That which does not withstand...apparently withstands.

That which does not endure...apparently endures.

There, does that meet with your approval?

Or is that wrong too...if so, then correct it. Lets see if you can put this into words any better?
It doesn't "apparently" do those things either. Are you hallucinating?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I was using the personified ''you'' concept ....as the centreless central reference point.

There simply is no 'you' because there is no other than 'you'.

Why are you choosing to pick a fight over this message?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 pm It doesn't "apparently" do those things either. Are you hallucinating?
Explain it yourself then...lets have a look at what it should look like in your own words.

This is going be like what it was back on the nonduality forums...let the battle commence..here we go again.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:49 pm I was using the personified ''you'' concept ....as the centreless central reference point.

There simply is no 'you' because there is no other that 'you'.

Your message is mentally ill. There is the "personal you" in the head. And there is the absolute, our true nature. You can't mix these two like this.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:49 pm I was using the personified ''you'' concept ....as the centreless central reference point.

There simply is no 'you' because there is no other that 'you'.

Your message is mentally ill. There is the "personal you" in the head. And there is the absolute, our true nature. You can't mix these two like this.
No it's mental, the illness is optional.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 pm
The one mixing the two is the same one. This paradox cannot be avoided.

Every Advaita speaker speaks the same message in their own unique way, all the same message spoken in different ways, there is no one way to speak this message ..please get over your big fat ego you freak.

We take our choices, and pay our prices.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:46 pm
You don't just point to it, you talk from the absolute point of view most of the time, you actually believe yourself to be the voice of the absolute. That's a rather common form of insanity.
No..you are so wrong..so far off the mark ..your false opinion is not even worth caring about. There is no possible way the relative can talk from the absolute view point...you are being semantical.

I've had this problem with you before, when you tried to get inside my head and tell me what I am thinking, your the one that's insane not me. Assuming you know what another person is thinking is insane, there is no way you can know the mind of another.

To know others is wisdom..to know the self is enlightenment....enlightenment simply means there is no self to realise.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm The absolute is not an "I". The absolute is beyond conceptualization.
So what is making this truth statement right now?

Please explain what is making the statement that there is an absolute that is beyond conceptualisation...since you have decided to take it upon yourself to pick out the faults in this subject.

Explain what you are saying?