Infanticide

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Infanticide

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 am I say "screw the embryos". As for zygotes? Fuck 'em. They are microbes. Some malformed little fishy thing in the first trimester is not yet a human - it is a simple animal that may grow to be human.

Meanwhile those fundies weeping crocodile tears over "babies" are always the type who happily over-consume animals that FAR more sentient than their post-sperm bits of protoplasm. This false sense of divinity regarding humans and complete disregard for animal sentience is the main cause of our current environmental problems, leading to both overpopulation and wasteful and foolish destruction of other species and critical and pivotal aspects of ecosystems.

Once a foetus can feel recognisably human pain, then abortions become unethical. Before that time - better to save everyone much misery and pain with an abortion.

But the one question any one with an ounce of mature conscious moral decency or intelligence should be asking themselves is ..(do I love my children enough not to have them in the first place? )..I mean why would I want to subject another human-being to the pile of suffering we self-inflict on ourselves...do we hate ourselves that much as to inflict it onto another innocent?

Hmm, seems like fallen man has sunken so deep in his own filthy muck that he cannot see the wood for the trees.

This false sense of divinity regarding humans and complete disregard for animal sentience is the main cause of our current environmental problems. I say "screw the embryos". As for zygotes? Fuck 'em. They are microbes. Some malformed little fishy thing in the first trimester is not yet a human - it is a simple animal that may grow to be human.
It's not a matter of may..it will.

Geez, all life is precious Greta, it's all interconnected, if one blade of grass was ever to be missing, the whole universe would collapse.

We are still responsible. But the sex part was fun wasn't it...love having the orgasm, fuck the outcome that is a possible human being.

Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Geez, all life is precious Greta, it's all interconnected, if one blade of grass was ever to be missing, the whole universe would collapse.
Must remember not to mow the lawn. Wouldn't want to tempt the universe into collapsing.
Geez, all life is precious
Does that also include the microbes that can eat you alive as in flesh eating disease? What about the lives of those who make the lives of others miserable? Them too?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Greta wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 am I say "screw the embryos". As for zygotes? Fuck 'em. They are microbes.
Now I am not saying that what I am about to suggest is true or provable, however, just as a thought experiment, what if the “microbe” in question represented the initial manifestation of a “seed-like” phenomenon that contained a unique entity (a “soul”) that is capable of awakening into a higher context of reality, above and beyond the corporeal bounds of the universe?

And furthermore, the only way that this soul can be brought into existence is by having its internal (subjective) “light” turned-on through the process of an initial birth from the human womb...

...(as in the awakening that used to be triggered by a slap on the bum, whereas an abortion would thoroughly circumvent the awakening).

What I am getting at is that if you understood that there is a real possibility that the “microbe” contained the inherent potential of producing an eternally living, incorporeal entity that will be forever thankful for receiving the highest gift in all of reality...

(something that you yourself have received)

...would you still view the microbe with such low esteem?
_______
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 am I say "screw the embryos". As for zygotes? Fuck 'em. They are microbes. Some malformed little fishy thing in the first trimester is not yet a human - it is a simple animal that may grow to be human.

Meanwhile those fundies weeping crocodile tears over "babies" are always the type who happily over-consume animals that FAR more sentient than their post-sperm bits of protoplasm. This false sense of divinity regarding humans and complete disregard for animal sentience is the main cause of our current environmental problems, leading to both overpopulation and wasteful and foolish destruction of other species and critical and pivotal aspects of ecosystems.

Once a foetus can feel recognisably human pain, then abortions become unethical. Before that time - better to save everyone much misery and pain with an abortion.
What is this quality which a human being has that a hated human embryo unworthy of life lacks?
...because as a zygote or early stage embryo it's more of an IT regardless of whether it forms into a human or any other animal; it's all chemistry, nothing more.
Last edited by Dubious on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious

DaM "Geez, all life is precious"
Does that also include the microbes that can eat you alive as in flesh eating disease? What about the lives of those who make the lives of others miserable? Them too?
Not for you. This is why newborn babies who make the lives of others miserable should be killed if their mothers desire it. Who can argue pure logic? Certainly not the educated sophisticate who is above having to be annoyed by a thing
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 pm

What is this quality which a human being has that a hated human embryo unworthy of life lacks?
...because as a zygote or early stage embryo it's more of an IT regardless of whether it forms into a human or any other animal.
When does an "it" become a human being?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 pm
Dubious wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 pm

...because as a zygote or early stage embryo it's more of an IT regardless of whether it forms into a human or any other animal.
When does an "it" become a human being?
When it begins to look human; do you need a lesson in biology?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 pm Dubious

DaM "Geez, all life is precious"
Not for you. This is why newborn babies who make the lives of others miserable should be killed if their mothers desire it. Who can argue pure logic? Certainly not the educated sophisticate who is above having to be annoyed by a thing
Argue with the likes of your favorite philosopher Plato or Aristotle about it. They had no objection to leaving neonates to die exposed to the elements. A societal norm among the ancient Greeks.

... also are you saying babies are equivalent to flesh eating disease. Can you read fucking English? I wrote about bacteria as also a form of life that can slowly waste other living organisms; are they too worthy of life since "all life is precious"? I wasn't discussing newborn babies or maybe it's all the same to you!
Greta

Post by Greta »

Do you hate microbes and simple non sentient animals, or do you simply not much worry about them?

I note that you frequently use the word "hate" - this is a reflection of your own mind. You are always in a state of pique about "secularists" and women - always failing to live up to your rules of engagement. You appear to be completely unable to just relax and live and let live, to mind your own business.

-------------------

To any unfortunates running into this Punch & Judy show for the first time: Nick's "secularist" obsession is my doing - mea culpa.

For years Nick complained about "atheists" on another forum we were on. Over a hundred threads started by him, almost all on the roughly the same topic with the same complaint. Women and atheists were his special hates back then, as today. Then I pointed out to him that his criticisms of atheists did not apply to me because I was agnostic. Suddenly the language was reset to "secularist" and it has settled there ever since - true story!

All this would have ended except that I banned him from the other forum for being abusive and insulting, after which he started a vendetta on this forum to discredit me (not that I had any credit to lose, but Nick likes to think he's doing something important - slaying mighty dragons rather than being rude towards nobodies behind keyboards).
Last edited by Greta on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 pmNot for you. This is why newborn babies who make the lives of others miserable should be killed if their mothers desire it. Who can argue pure logic?
Since your "pure logic" is about as idiotic as your conception of "eternal values", it's easy. Babies couldn't have done anything to make anyone's life miserable not yet having the opportunity; it also didn't ask to be born. Does your perverted pure logic not allow for someone to be made very happy by adoption or is killing newborns by the parent your Final Solution?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Do you hate microbes and simple non sentient animals, or do you simply not much worry about them?

I note that you frequently use the word "hate" - this is a reflection of your own mind. You are always in a state of pique about "secularists" and women - always failing to live up to your rules of engagement. You appear to be completely unable to just relax and live and let live, to mind your own business.

-------------------

To any unfortunates running into this Punch & Judy show for the first time: Nick's "secularist" obsession is my doing - mea culpa.

For years Nick complained about "atheists" on another forum we were on. Over a hundred threads started by him, almost all on the roughly the same topic with the same complaint. Women and atheists were his special hates back then, as today. Then I pointed out to him that his criticisms of atheists did not apply to me because I was agnostic. Suddenly the language was reset to "secularist" and it has settled there ever since - true story!

All this would have ended except that I banned him from the other forum for being abusive and insulting, after which he started a vendetta on this forum to discredit me (not that I had any credit to lose, but Nick likes to think he's doing something important - slaying mighty dragons rather than being rude towards nobodies behind keyboards).
All this is simply untrue. Certain ideas are intolerable for secularism so must be opposed or banned. Can anyone find a post here or anwhere else which projects hatred from me? No, since they don't exist.
“There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them." Emile Chartier
When Greta is unable to oppose ideas logically or shout them down emotionally, she loses it and just blindly attacks as a matter of misguided principle. I've learned that the more righteous indignation such people express towards ideas they don't understand, the more a person introducing them knows they are on the right track. Sad but true
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote
"When does an "it" become a human being?"

What does it mean "to look human?" Since it isn't an objective standard, looking human is a subjective determination. A very convenient method to justify genocides. Perhaps Jews didn't look sufficiently human to the Nazis which justified the Holocaust
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 am Dubious wrote

What does it mean "to look human?" Since it isn't an objective standard, looking human is a subjective determination. A very convenient method to justify genocides. Perhaps Jews didn't look sufficiently human to the Nazis which justified the Holocaust
manifest destiny

-Imp
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 am
Nick_A wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 am Dubious wrote

manifest destiny

-Imp
Since a newborn doesn't really look human to certain subjective standards it would be natural for some to try to kill it as insulting to what a human being should look like. It is our duty to kill in the hope of manifesting our destiny. My Armenian nose would mean death for me.