THE EMERGING SHARING ECONOMY The Revolution Has Started and it’s Name is The PhilosophyNow Forums

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

THE EMERGING SHARING ECONOMY The Revolution Has Started and it’s Name is The PhilosophyNow Forums

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

......................................................................Image

THE EMERGING SHARING ECONOMY
The Revolution Has Started and it’s Name is The PhilosophyNow Forums

Thank you mother capitalism. You have brought me into this world. Brought together the holy trilogy of labor, capital, and material objects.

...then you showed me the invisible hand of profit.

...now I am able to understand zero marginal cost.

...and I understand now that we as individuals are no longer autonomous. I am not sovern.

I am part of a world wide web of communication, energy, and transportation. I am just a tiny point within the internet of things. All things.

There’s a revolution going on. On a world-wide scale. Like most revolutions this one is unannounced, undeniable, and moving quickly. It’s name is the sharing economy. We will know this moment as The Third Industrial Revolution.

We are moving from ownership to access
We are moving from markets to networks
We are moving from consumerism to sustainability
We are moving from market capital to social capital
A real revolution

We are moving our understanding of freedom. Freedom used to mean being able to be autonomous.

Now freedom is better understood as being embedded into community. Having access to shared communities. Facebook is now the largest fictional family in history. I am free because I have access. I am more free when participating and adding to a shared community.

We realize that we are now engaged-in open source networks, biosphere consciousness, in a one world community.

Knowledge is no longer power and something one possesses at the cost of another. Power is the shared experience you have as a social being.

We are sharing, distributing, in an often non-profit environment of social capital.

We are The PhilosophyNow Forum. We are the revolution. And we are happening now.

Fire!