Prostitution and Eternal Values

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 am
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:26 am Do you think you'll get the time to explain what techniques or methods you used to have these expediences you talked about that proved to you that what you believe is true?
It can't be explained, but explaining happens apparently.
Neuroscientists can correlate alternative states of consciousness and subjective experiences of them.

http://thoughtmedicine.com/2011/06/brai ... ciousness/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:44 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 am
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:26 am Do you think you'll get the time to explain what techniques or methods you used to have these expediences you talked about that proved to you that what you believe is true?
It can't be explained, but explaining happens apparently.
Neuroscientists can correlate alternative states of consciousness and subjective experiences of them.

http://thoughtmedicine.com/2011/06/brai ... ciousness/

There is no subject being a subject...

Everyone is hallucinating their own version of reality.

While the real world just goes on the same way, the same as it ever was.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:

You could be right there. Whether or not you are right (and nobody will ever know for sure) many philosophers are interested in the possibility of eternal values. And you have not said where you think those originate. You harp on your same old theme so that you evade. Evasion is indeed your strong suit.

My excuse for replying to you is that there often is reason in what you write, and there is also reason to seek for eternal values. Me, I doubt if eternal values exist but the search for them has to be good.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am Dontaskme wrote:

You could be right there. Whether or not you are right (and nobody will ever know for sure) many philosophers are interested in the possibility of eternal values. And you have not said where you think those originate. You harp on your same old theme so that you evade. Evasion is indeed your strong suit.

My excuse for replying to you is that there often is reason in what you write, and there is also reason to seek for eternal values. Me, I doubt if eternal values exist but the search for them has to be good.
I've never evaded where they originate...I already said where they originate thousands of times already...it's not me that evades anything, it's you..the truth evades you because you continue to use google goggles instead of using your real eyes, it not my problem ...if you don't believe in eternity...but I do... I have absolutely no doubt in it whatsoever.

You get pissed at me because you can't see what I'm seeing...so be it...it is what is it....so frigging what!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Well the what is that you keep harping on about it with no explanation of how you came to your metaphysic even though you say you've studied this all your life?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 pm Well the what is that you keep harping on about it with no explanation of how you came to your metaphysic even though you say you've studied this all your life?

Can I explain to you the taste of chocolate until you have first hand experience of it yourself?

If you had not ever tasted chocolate yourself, my description of it wouldn't make sense to you...the proof is in the pudding, life is never a prescription it's only a description...an interpretation of your own direct experience.

No two minds have ever met..for one very good reason, believe what you want, it's your dream story.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Ok so tell me how you tasted this chocolate or where did you buy it from?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:33 pm Ok so tell me how you tasted this chocolate or where did you buy it from?
Chocolate is just a conceptual symbolic metaphor for what you originally are which is empty consciousness or some like to call it empty awareness.

The contents of both are the same emptiness appearing full of it's own emptiness which cannot be described and it doesn't need to be, you are it, it is you, and you is self-evident...to you only.

Science is discussing this metaphysical understanding too.

Keep reading, keep searching until the clarity becomes crystal clear for you.

Once you pick up patterns and understand the metaphors and symbolism, it gets easier. I have had many people help me along the way as well. There are some very knowledgeable people and books out there.

You cannot recognise yourself as no thing awareness so you identify with the image you are projecting from your own self, the projection is an image of the imageless you..that you cannot identify with. You first have to exist as a blank screen for your projection to be seen on...without the blank screen being HERE first aka awareness... nothing would show up...you would not show up as imaged...but the image is not who you are in essence, the real you is the screen on which the projected image appears.

It's all one taste...that is not for sale..it's all free, and it's all here now nowhere.

You are never not here.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:00 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am Dontaskme wrote:

I've never evaded where they originate...I already said where they originate thousands of times already...it's not me that evades anything, it's you..the truth evades you because you continue to use google goggles instead of using your real eyes, it not my problem ...if you don't believe in eternity...but I do... I have absolutely no doubt in it whatsoever.

You get pissed at me because you can't see what I'm seeing...so be it...it is what is it....so frigging what!

Can values exist without a mind/brain that evaluates? If not then how might specific values be identified, pinned down?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:58 pm
Can values exist without a mind/brain that evaluates? If not then how might specific values be identified, pinned down?
Nothing exists without a mind.

A mind is nothing without the nothing in which it appears.

Nothing is eternal, the nothing and the contents of nothing are the same nothing.

There are two types of nothing.

1 The nothing of the SELF

2 The desperate nothing of the mind that keeps on asking stupid questions and refuses to seek the answers for itself.

You are nothing being everything. Same nothing.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Chocolate is just a conceptual symbolic metaphor for what you originally are which is empty consciousness or some like to call it empty awareness.

The contents of both are the same emptiness appearing full of it's own emptiness which cannot be described and it doesn't need to be, you are it, it is you, and you is self-evident...to you only. ...
I'm not asking you to describe it, I'm asking you to say what technique, method or process you used to have this experience of empty consciousness or awareness so that others can try it out for themselves.
Science is discussing this metaphysical understanding too. ...
I seriously doubt 'science' is discussing 'empty consciousness or awareness' at all but if it is then it's philosophy not science.
Keep reading, keep searching until the clarity becomes crystal clear for you. ...
But you don't appear crystal clear about it at all and I'm puzzled given all you've said about words that you propose reading as an approach.
Once you pick up patterns and understand the metaphors and symbolism, it gets easier. I have had many people help me along the way as well. There are some very knowledgeable people and books out there. ...
Books!? Given all you've said about words? So what knowledge did this people give you to allow you to experience this 'empty awareness'?
You cannot recognise yourself as no thing awareness so you identify with the image you are projecting from your own self, the projection is an image of the imageless you..that you cannot identify with. You first have to exist as a blank screen for your projection to be seen on...without the blank screen being HERE first aka awareness... nothing would show up...you would not show up as imaged...but the image is not who you are in essence, the real you is the screen on which the projected image appears. ...
I think you make a major mistake in ignoring the body as who I am. I don't disagree that it is a mistake to think the inner voice of language is who one is.
It's all one taste...that is not for sale..it's all free, and it's all here now nowhere. ...
Then just tell me what you did to get this experience then?
You are never not here.
I was not here before I was born and I'll not be here after I die but inbetween that I'm always here where my body is and when that goes so do I.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pmI think you make a major mistake in ignoring the body as who I am. I don't disagree that it is a mistake to think the inner voice of language is who one is.
You are beyond the body, not the body, you are the awareness of the body, you cannot experience yourself as the body, the body is functioning on automatic pilot just as all life is living itself...spontaneously and automatically one without a second...there is no one to ignore it, it's self functioning, it will inform itself when something is not right, ..if it wasn't for the awareness within the body mind mechanism, no action to correct itself would ever take place...

Who are you then that feels like it is a body... you are the awareness of the body....the body is just like any object....you see the computer, it is an object in your awareness... but you are not the computer, but the computer, is appearing in you the body mind mechanism....the body mind mechanism is like the computer, it is the character in it's own dream playing the role of being a human character, the character that you mistake to be your body is just a machine,the instrument for experience...of the eternal experiencer...in which you as awareness experience temporal experiences. You are beyond the character, you are the awareness in which the dream is arising as the character ...you are eternal unchanging awareness dreaming it is a man in temporal real space time cause and effect duality.

''As I can't be what I perceive, I am not this body-mind or any thing that I am conscious of.''

It's all one taste...that is not for sale..it's all free, and it's all here now nowhere. ...
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pmThen just tell me what you did to get this experience then?
By becoming aware that I am aware, and that I am not my thoughts, but the constant watcher of them, I noticed the thoughts coming and going, while the awareness of those thoughts did not come and go...I saw my unchanging aware SELF within my temporal changing body....realising that I have to be immortal for this changing mortality that is the body to be a possibility ..there has to be a constant stable unchanging ground of all being for the cycle of life and death to become a reality.
Anything born has to be born from out of itself that must always exist, life can only come from life... much like the silk thread that comes out of a spiders own body.. the threads of life come out of it's own SELF to form the tapestry that is live living from it's own SELF...forever.

How it ever got off it's own starting block will always remain a mystery...if we knew the answers and how this all happens, we wouldn't have no drive for it...it's what makes every moment so fresh and alive in every moment...for new creative ideas to come into force...it's creations are endless infinitely, no one knows what is going to happen next..if we did, I doubt we'd even get out of bed..life is always under construction.

You are never not here.
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pmI was not here before I was born and I'll not be here after I die but inbetween that I'm always here where my body is and when that goes so do I.
There is no inbetween except as an idea, a dream story...where is the inbetween gap between two infinities WHERE you happen?
Can there be a gap between now and now?

You have never experienced your own absence. In the same sense that you have never experienced your presence in deep dreamless sleep.

Presence is what you ARE...it's wide awake...sleep it the opposite polarity to itself...it cannot not exist, so it has to exist.

Birth and Death are in the dream of separation,in the world of duality..aka the mind of conceptual thought.. within the eternal unborn undying awareness that has to be for mind to know itself....awareness is beyond the mind of duality...it is the not-a-thing.. non-dual source of everything.

For further clarity on this subject type in Nonduality @ google.

It's not a religion, it is that which does away with all religion, and even the idea that there is a thinker with the notion of religion in the first place.

It's who you are..and it's amazing beyond belief.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pmI seriously doubt 'science' is discussing 'empty consciousness or awareness' at all but if it is then it's philosophy not science.
Of course science is discussing this topic..I can give you a ton of links that show just that if you are interested?

What on earth do you think philosophy is..does it have exclusive rights to what can and can't be discussed or something?

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 am
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pmI seriously doubt 'science' is discussing 'empty consciousness or awareness' at all but if it is then it's philosophy not science.
Of course science is discussing this topic..I can give you a ton of links that show just that if you are interested?

What on earth do you think philosophy is..does it have exclusive rights to what can and can't be discussed or something?

Scientific ideas are scientific only if they are falsifiable. Empty consciousness if not falsifiable cannot then be scientific.

Theories of empty consciousness may use a scientific lexicon in which case they are not science but pseudo-science.

Philosophers can use ideas which are not falsifiable. Certain philosophers have dismissed unfalsifiable ideas as nonsense.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:03 am
Scientific ideas are scientific only if they are falsifiable. Empty consciousness if not falsifiable cannot then be scientific.

Theories of empty consciousness may use a scientific lexicon in which case they are not science but pseudo-science.

Philosophers can use ideas which are not falsifiable. Certain philosophers have dismissed unfalsifiable ideas as nonsense.

Okay..lets play the parrot game again...I'll repeat it again...

All science is pseudo-science pretending to be real.

There is no such entity known as a scientist...or a philosopher...except in this conception....there is only conscious awareness playing the role of the character I am a scientist...this concept of myself as a scientist is inseparable from the conscious awareness playing that role...

AM I playing a role...Or..AM I the role I AM playing?

Consciousness and the contents of consciousness are the same one awareness being conscious of itself. This is only and ever one pretending to be the many.

What on earth is there here that can be seen to be falsifiable? ..who is/would the ''other'' be that could falsify itself as a fact ?

Like I keep saying...the mind measures it's surround, it reports the environment in which it is appearing...but can that reporting be separate from the reporter?..reporter and reported have to exist in the same moment... that cannot be refuted or be disproven or be unfalsifiable.

What I do.. when I write about this, is combine the two sides of the coin into one. It's no good just clinging on to one side of the story.. while ignoring the fact that there are always two sides to every story.