Prostitution and Eternal Values

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am
I also have a question for you, do you understand that your precious oneness also means that you are "one" with Stalin? Oneness goes "both ways" you know.
I know.

What's precious is that no one is being one....did you know that?

That's precious when you really think about it. The very idea that one can play the many.

In the story of I ... someone has to play the bad guy, else how would you know goodness? the good guy?

The rest of your post was just jibberish jabbering mental projection......not mine...not a true representation of what I AM

I AM is a presentation going live right now...not a re-presentation aka memory rehashed to make it look like it's happening now.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:... Only God can prostitute itself which means God is a woman. Progress
You not heard of 'rent boys'? Progress.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am Of course humans die, that's a fact. All these thoughts and memories and self-awareness that I am, will be lost, scattered. And one day (maybe quite soon) the human race will end. The "absolute" is always there, it can't not be, but from the everyday perspective, things are impermanent.

I love being alive, I enjoy being alive, I love what some humans have achieved, but I'm disappointed by most humans.

Reincarnation doesn't exist so of course I, as this person, won't be born again.
I prefer existence to nonexistence, I don't want to die at all. I just wish this world would be a better place, waking up on a planet that will probably soon be blown up, is a bit disappointing.
One has to live the lie to know truth.

In the story of I exist ..aka the unknown known...it appears that one is born and will die.

But in truth no one was born and no one can die.

Life is living itself..no one is living life.

The notion of something living life pertains only to the story of I...aka the separate self...aka the known.

The story character doesn't actually have a life, except as a conceptual believed conceived life by life itself all alone....no one else conceives the ''separate self'', ...so what appears to be born better care about that born life, else why bother wanting birth in the first place?

Like I said...life lives itself...the caring aspect only enters the reality that is a believed separate self...albeit illusory since there is only life living itself.

Paradoxically, within the dynamic of life living itself ..there appears a mind ...that claims this life and says '' I am living life''...well that's all very well and good, it's all inclusive ...but this claimer must realise the responsibility that comes with ownership...it has to care about it's responsibilities or else why bother?

This dream is not by mistake, it is factored into the dynamic that is intelligent energy expressing itself infinitely...and the only way it can know it is doing this is to dream up a character to play, each character although appearing to be playing a unique individual role...There is no one playing a role....Oneness plays all roles.

am i playing a role...or is this the role I AM playing?

Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm There is no such thing as universe. It's a mental construct... a concept.
The universe is real, and humans are real.

A mental construct of the universe is inside your head, and at the same time, you are also inside the universe. You don't understand this.

You are still making up a crazy story, but that story is just in your head, and you don't realize it. And this is mainly what gives nondualism a bad name.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Belinda wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am SpheresofBalance, despite the truths in your post there is more to be said for eternity than you give it credit for.
OK, I'm game.

Thoughts of what we fancy to be eternity but are probably analogies are nevertheless ways to be sceptical about the ontology we are closest to. It's good to be permanently uncertain .From our temporal beings we can't know the whole of nature .
True!

Time although it undoubtedly exists within this relative world is also a human concept. We cannot therefor presume that time precedes eternity. Or vice versa.
Well by their very definitions, time, though I would agree it's not necessarily a thing, seems immediately knowable, even if it's just change. It's more apparent that change exists, that it's the way of the universe! Once there was a star, supernova, now it's just nebula. Once there was a planet, yet after an asteroid the size of the US travelling thousands of miles per hour hits it square on, it's just lifeless fragments of matter, an ex-planet. Which obviously kills the notion that, that star and planet, yes even you and I, were eternal. For those two celestial objects there was no eternity. So all the human concepts, including time and eternal are forever lost, never eternal. They end, period!

And surely that's exactly what eternity is supposed to be. It's supposed to be anything that lasts infinitely. And since most would agree, especially considering their own lives, that there is no such thing as infinity or eternity, they surely would like to believe, that they may some how continue, that their consciousness is eternal. It's why religion exists. No one wants to die, my sweet Belinda, which is why I speak of it so much, if anything can drive a point home, it's about ones death. Many would simply laugh if I used cookie dough recipe as a metaphor/analogy. ;-)

I'll give you this though, I, like you, can't possibly know about infinity/eternity with certainty. However I can say that it certainly seems to be the case that both infinity and thus eternity are those human concepts that shall die with each one of us. I'd say that the probably was high that nothing is eternal.

eternity [ih-tur-ni-tee]
noun, plural eternities.
1. infinite time; duration without beginning or end. --dictionary.com--

Doubt is good politically and morally. Values are plural and cannot therefore be eternal ; you are right about values.

Rumi:

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn’t make any sense.”
Wait a minute, I thought you were an atheist? Which seems to contradict your choice of poetry... You know, souls, and such. Huh?

But I do like your choice, as far as that which I understand it to mean.

I'm glad that we agree on at least some points, and that you feel you know me a little bit better, and aren't afraid to engage me with rebuttal.
Thank you! ;-) :-* (on the cheek of course.)
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:55 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:05 amCertainly values can never be seen as eternal, as they are not of the universe, only ever in the minds of humans
What if.......there is no such thing as a human mind....what if....the mind is not human?
Why do you always come up with silly ideas. You are you and I am I. I see through these eyes in my head, not yours. You do the same. Consciously, I have never been before I was, and luckily that's lasted for 60 years. Of course when I die I shall no longer be able to type these messages to you. The label one puts on anything matters not, it's just a means so as to be capable of referring to something. And by the way one can "what if" until they're blue in the face, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what is most apparently the case. Probabilities speak louder that "what If's."

All creatures in life...all animals of every form and shape, know values, they have the capacity to feel emotion and despair....all of them, because there is only consciousness.
Non sequitur! And just because you state it, doesn't make it so.

But I am referring to the creatures and animals that have a more sophisticated nervous system that is.

The octopus and the dolphin are two examples of an incredible intelligence that is beyond human comprehension.
To be honest with you, I really do get tired of you making unsubstantiated statements. It's as if you're on some sort of Acid Trip.
I mean I understand that English seems to not be your primary language, yes/no?

And then there is the unwavering faithful unconditional love that is our pet dog, cat, rabbit or whatever...

The love is overwhelming here, it's makes me want to burst open with emotional tears of gratitude.

Creatures have feelings, innate values unique to them...but they don't have the conceptual language that is unique to humans, so they live in a pure state of innocence ...do you see? this is so beautiful.

Nature automatically knows what to do, how to look after itself, how to live and how to die...it does this so gracefully and with such strength and dignity.

Nature never suffered, pain is yes, but suffering is endured, if it wasn't no one would ever be born...we are made to endure, and with every endurance comes stronger and stronger ability to endure more and more...

We should never fear pain..no more that we should fear bliss.

I gave birth to 4 babies, naturally, without using any pain killing drugs....the pain was agony, it's was so excruciating, that at one point I thought I was going to pass out...but I didn't...and it never stopped me from having babies...pain is temporal...you are bliss, always bliss.
Look sweetie, I have the utmost respect for women with their part in the continuance of the human species. I see that in fact women are the true keepers of the sacred flame of life, especially understanding the physical pain and changes they endure in that endeavour. I shall not again deliver my rebuttal to your belief's in a disrespectful mode. I see your many words as flights of fancy, but then I'm largely a man of science. I believe that the language barrier may play a part in how I understand your thoughts, so I'll not continue due to possible misunderstanding between us.
Finally, I'd like to wish you the very best. I hope that your thoughts serve you well, and keep you healthy, happy and wise. And that, if only in your own mind, you're kept as blissful as you can consciously handle.

And so, dear lady, I bid you a fond adieu! ;-) :-* (<--on the cheek of course)
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

SpheresofBalance wrote:
Well by their very definitions, time, though I would agree it's not necessarily a thing, seems immediately knowable, even if it's just change. It's more apparent that change exists, that it's the way of the universe!
The way I see it is that change, transience, finality of differentiated entities, is the aspect of being which we know and inhabit.And as you say time is change and also rate of change when we care to measure it. I entirely agree that It's more apparent that change exists, that it's the way of the universe!
[/quote]

Once there was a star, supernova, now it's just nebula. Once there was a planet, yet after an asteroid the size of the US travelling thousands of miles per hour hits it square on, it's just lifeless fragments of matter, an ex-planet. Which obviously kills the notion that, that star and planet, yes even you and I, were eternal. For those two celestial objects there was no eternity. So all the human concepts, including time and eternal are forever lost, never eternal. They end, period!
Indeed they all end as far as us knowing them goes. However us knowing them does not necessarily imply that they have to be known. They may reduce to 1. things in themselves, or 2. an amorphous super entity, or 3. all the percepts, feelings, ideas , artefacts, bits and pieces of natural objects, and concepts undifferentiated each from the others. I see no other choices and I happen to like 3. the most, and I like to call it "eternity".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm There is no such thing as universe. It's a mental construct... a concept.
The universe is real, and humans are real.

A mental construct of the universe is inside your head, and at the same time, you are also inside the universe. You don't understand this.

You are still making up a crazy story, but that story is just in your head, and you don't realize it. And this is mainly what gives nondualism a bad name.
Believe what you want....not everyone thinks nonduality has a bad reputation.

I don’t agree with your take on nonduality....I intuit life as ...nothing is real. I’ve had direct experience and no one will change my mind about my own direct experience.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

It does seem obvious that the acceptance of pragmatic subjective values is too powerful to invite freedom for contemplation of eternal values. This means that prostitution will only refer to man made conceptions of values with only few open to "feel" eternal values for the benefit of their being. Since the human condition is what it is, what else could be expected?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 pm Believe what you want....not everyone thinks nonduality has a bad reputation.

I don’t agree with your take on nonduality....I intuit life as ...nothing is real. I’ve had direct experience and no one will change my mind about my own direct experience.
Why do you trust your direct experience so much if it wasn't real? Or is your experience the one exception.
Yrreg

Post by Yrreg »

Atla wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:55 am It's not about being acceptable or not acceptable, it's a fact that all values are created by humans, societies, religions, dictatorships, people in power etc. The universe doesn't care, so making up values and trying to agree on them was overall still the best attempt to avoid total chaos.
So it basically depends on the society's values whether or not prostitution is prostitution. Nowadays values are being destroyed at an astonishing rate, so prostitution is basically no longer prostitution.

That is why also I find Americans to be incoherent and inconsistent with so much about folks here in particular with connection to government posts, or some celebrity status but not of the Hollywood kind - but even then of the Hollywood kind but in positions of superiority, like owners of movie studios, etc., being condemned publicly for their sexual indiscretions outside of marriage.

I think in Japan, unless someone gets hurt by another person in the course of sex activities, they I think don't seem to see anything of news value with Japanese having all kinds and manners of sex activities, unless as I said someone is complaining of getting coerced into and/or getting badly hurt and even killed, which then could be a criminal offense by the person inflicting the injury or death.

I think that is also the situation in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway.
Yrreg

Post by Yrreg »

At the risk of hypocrisy, I and my family, we don't subscribe to sexual liberalities of all kinds, period.

That is our choice, period.

I and my family we stick to conservative traditional Christian morality.

But when it comes to philosophy, I am into what I might call free thought and free behavior, except that people don't hurt other people with their practice of sexual liberalities, and for that matter with any kind of behavior that is disruptive of peace and order in society.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:35 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 pm Believe what you want....not everyone thinks nonduality has a bad reputation.

Why do you trust your direct experience so much if it wasn't real? Or is your experience the one exception.
Separation is not real....it pretends to be real...I happen to see through the pretence which allows for the real expansive space of pure love to unfold...it has no wants or needs..its whole and totally complete ....I trust that... I am that.

Nonduality has been the most beautiful discovery of my life...

I’m in awe and 🙏

Gratitude

Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 pm Separation is not real....it pretends to be real...I happen to see through the pretence which allows for the real expansive space of pure love to unfold...it has no wants or needs..its whole and totally complete ....I trust that... I am that.

I’m in awe and 🙏

Gratitude

1. That would be nice, but unfortunately there is no expansive space of pure love, that's just your hallucination. Your hallucination is the one thing that's not quite real here.
That's not the true meaning of "I am that", but unfortunately countless "teachers" have perverted it's meaning into some belief in some kind of space of "pure love" or "pure bliss" etc. That's just a common Eastern spiritual conmanship.
You're just another spiritual narcissist, that's all. One dime a dozen.

2. If you talk about this unreal world, and a real world of pure love, then you're a dualist, not a nondualist.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 pm Separation is not real....it pretends to be real...I happen to see through the pretence which allows for the real expansive space of pure love to unfold...it has no wants or needs..its whole and totally complete ....I trust that... I am that.

I’m in awe and 🙏

Gratitude

1. That would be nice, but unfortunately there is no expansive space of pure love, that's just your hallucination. Your hallucination is the one thing that's not quite real here.
That's not the true meaning of "I am that", but unfortunately countless "teachers" have perverted it's meaning into some belief in some kind of space of "pure love" or "pure bliss" etc. That's just a common Eastern spiritual conmanship.
You're just another spiritual narcissist, that's all. One dime a dozen.

2. If you talk about this unreal world, and a real world of pure love, then you're a dualist, not a nondualist.
Like I said believe what you want...you have no access to another ones inner reality..

Your world is your own creation...so your projection is meaningless to me.

I live in my world..not the world other people want me to live in.

There is one space.......but billions of worlds.

Don’t tell me what to think...I’ll make up my own mind .

This is not a teaching.... so forget that lie...don’t be a dozen thinker..be the sure one.