Prostitution and Eternal Values

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm
DaM, you really should be ashamed of yourself. Why do you hate the world so much and the people in it
Oh :o I know..dam it..these roses are such prickly bastards, one simply needs to wear kid gloves before handling.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 am
Why did you deliberately choose to misrepresent the situation? Because you like him as a "God kind of guy" like you. He is one who speaks mystical rather than scientific language. He is one who dislikes science and scientists. He is one who, like you, hates this world and the people in it.

No deliberate action can ever be taken. There are no accidents or mistakes in life.

And now for something completely different...oh look, look at what science is saying? ...hmm, I wonder if it's true, hmm she says (rubbing chin) shall I believe this stuff or not...hmm, well I suppose if science said it then it must be true... :roll: :roll: :roll:

End of Heaven? Quantum science says you ALWAYS have existed and ALWAYS will exist
https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... tum-theory

And there's more where that came from.

SCIENTISTS EXPLAIN THE WORLD OF QUANTUM PHYSICS < ooh look, it's that word again...(scientists)
http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... is-energy/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Conde Lucanor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:12 am Observation implies the observer and the sense organs involved in perception. They are always embodied in conscious agents, which are also contingent beings, not eternal. So, observation is not eternal and the rest of the nonsense you wrote can be dismissed.
The observer (awareness) is not an agent...but uses an agent to look through.

Agent being the instrument for seeing...the real seer is actually blind.. but it can always feel it's way around, which is just another way of seeing, and another way of seeing is knowing.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm
Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm
DaM, you really should be ashamed of yourself. Why do you hate the world so much and the people in it
Oh :o I know..dam it..these roses are such prickly bastards, one simply needs to wear kid gloves before handling.
Greta's complaints remind me of the Perils of Pearl Pureheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mTSiAoIZBI

She is always being attacked by the despicable Oil Can Harry who in modern times are either me or Donald Trump. And you want to inflict pain and humiliation not only on our damsel in distress but humanity in general through expressions of your blind hatred. Who will save the day and the goodness of Greta, the modern day Pearl Pureheart?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pmMay God have mercy on your soul.
No thoughts are prayers? Isn't that what you reactionaries bestow upon those you detest?

It's good to see you upholding standards of debate, always avoiding personal attacks. At least DAM will remain impressed with your fair-mindedness and complete lack of hypocrisy and projection.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:47 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:43 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:19 pm Sure we do, it's a body that is not breathing or moving and after a while is stone-cold, a dead parrot so to speak. Have you never seen or touched a dead body?
I second arising point, I've even seen the rot in the aftermath. I used to work at a cemetery as a kid, used to dig graves with a spade, either the earth moved in all the years, or one of the graves was miss marked, anyway her skull rolled out, then I ran for the hills until the adult that I was working for assured me her head was back in her wooden coffin where it belonged. The smell, oh that smell. Rot!! The body returning from whence it came, not a pleasurable experience to witness. I can guarantee you that she wasn't going to tell me how beautiful the day was. That's all I needed to know. My many pets that I've buried over the years, another testament to my understanding at least a portion of death. Personally I prefer to smell the flowers than pushing them to the surface, but in death at least I take some comfort in that. So I'll not be embalmed, so that the food I provide to the flowers and trees is not tainted with mankind’s fears. My consciousness that you falsely believe is eternal out of your fear of ending, shall most probably end such that it shall be as before I began. Anyone that says otherwise I believe to be full of shite, as I, like they, began as they did, there was nothing before that I can recollect and there shall probably be nothing after that I'll sense either. Such proof there seems to be! Anything more from the likes of Dontaskme is most probably just their fear and denial talking. To be expected from mere mortals.
There is nobody inside a body.
That you say so, doesn't make it so, though your lack of proof, speaks volumes.

Animation of the visible is invisible.
That you're cryptic, doesn't lend to the truth of it, instead it lends to the notion that you're attempting to hide behind a very thin smokescreen. Thin indeed! ;-)

You are addicted to your story because that's all there is alive here.
Rather I'm convinced of that which is most obviously the truth, because it logically follows plethora valid premises.

There's no movie without the belief.
Incorrect! My movie is shaped by knowledge and wisdom alone, there's no room for 'simple' belief, without knowledge. Of course I guess in some cases it's "simpleton" belief.
Case in point?? ;-)
SpheresOfBalance

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:59 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:54 pm Just to show you how much humans didn't know about themselves, let alone the universe. As it turns out, the word eternal is probably a falsehood unless of course entropy is a falsehood instead. But then it's currently up for grabs. Certainly, nothing we currently know of is infinite. So largely the word eternal is a falsehood until there's proof to the contrary. I'd say that it's highly improbable.
Eternal is a concept, human is a concept, all words are concepts...all knowledge is made from words aka concepts....knowledge informs illusory reality.
You just shot your story in the foot again. No one can make "any" case if they destroy language, as it's language that they use to destroy language. The snake eating itself again??? You sound like a fool. I realize you're scared of dying, everyone is. That they won't admit it, a testament to how deeply their fear goes. Yes, those that see their life as eternal are the most fearful of us all.

Illusory in the sense there is no word living life.
No! Illusory is in fact just another word, another concept! Your problem is that you seem incapable of knowing which words/concepts are illusory and which are real. Or is your purpose simply to sir the pot of ridiculousness?

Life lives itself, it's without words, words have been artificially superimposed upon life/reality by the mind...another illusion.
Then do yourself and all us a favour. Shut up using words, and give us and yourself a break, because it's obvious that your disapproval of words lends to your inability to wield them effectively. Stop being a hypocrite and stop using words to try and undermine words. You foolish snake that loves eating it's tail!

Drop all concepts...and what is left?

Drop all thought..and what is left?
Well from you, I certainly hope it's silence! ;-) Because your absurdity, while being quite entertaining, has no real place in a philosophy forum, accept as a joke! So on second thought keep it up, your convoluted diatribe lends to levity. :lol:

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 am I've become convinced that secularism is really like a religious cult. Its God is the Great Beast
Are you able to notice how you explain, define, and frame everything using the symbols, superstitions, and limitations you are addicted to and dependent on? Is there no room in your agenda for you to imagine a much greater potential and perfection than the current limits of the story you tell?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 am I've become convinced that secularism is really like a religious cult. Its God is the Great Beast and whoever questions its supremacy should suffer the same consequences as someone in an Islamic country questioning its God.
Talk about a mind buried under its own dogma! How many poop bags would it take to remove the festering folly of one so inundated with hatred and perversity as if blinded in each eye! If such a one came to power he'd subjugate whole populations to conform to his own contradictory deviant doctrines of "eternal values"!

Such holier than thou individuals who make themselves into infallible arbiters of values have usually been the bane of humans and civilizations, imprisoning other minds so they can't speak.

In spite of the likes of a "Nick_A" being only a tiny instance of a bit player, there have been too many of them throughout history. Fuck them all!
SpheresOfBalance

Nick_A wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 pm Spheresofbalance wrote:
No one is bigoted here, NICK. We could care less what you believe in. As a matter of FACT, at least I will fight for your right to believe in any sort of faery tale you want to believe in. That's your right as a child of the cosmos. The star dust that we all are. But it's your kind that are harming children by force feeding them fantasies. Best for no one to suggest any sort of religion to children and let them choose for themselves what is and is not true for them and them alone.
I will also fight for your right to believe in your secular fantasies. It can be fun in a bar atmosphere where we discuss the results of creating our own reality. But is it right to inflict them on the young?

Why force feed them the idolatry of the Great Beast?
What the hell you talking about now?? I believe in no beasts whatsoever, let alone this great beast you seem to know. I'm agnostic, in that I "know" that as to religion, 'no one' "knows" if there is or is not a god, period! It's just ancient archaic, very much antiquated dogma that had it's day when humans didn't have a clue about a great many things, not even their own bodies, let alone that which has caused us to exist. Only fools believe in imaginary things, my friend. And because something is written in a dusty very old book written in that time of relative ignorance, doesn't mean one should heed it's words, quite the contrary, for those of us that are intelligent, which shun that crap as the baseless falsehoods that only an ancient ignorant society could have believed in, we scoff at those so frightened of the now and the future that they bury their heads in the escapism that ancient antiquated texts afford. A simpler time?? I get it! But also one of extreme ignorance of the truth of our being. Romantic maybe, but none the less fodder for a ostrich.

All the snowflakes might buy it but what of those with a creative spiritual mind who intuitively
Intuitively seriously??? Creative yes, but intuitively??? Rather Imaginatively is what you mean to say!

intuition [in-too-ish-uh n, -tyoo-]
noun
1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3. a keen and quick insight.
4. the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
5. Philosophy.
an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the same object.
any object or truth so discerned.
pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge.

6. Linguistics. the ability of the native speaker to make linguistic judgments, as of the grammaticality, ambiguity, equivalence, or nonequivalence of sentences, deriving from the speaker's native-language competence. --dictionary.com--

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INTUITION!! It's just wishful thinking by the relatively ignorant, to try and pat themselves on the back as being originals. ALL KNOWLEDGE is A-Posteriori, there is no A-Priori. Animal instincts are the exception, though they too are manifestations from the previous generation, via epigenetic's!

know there is more to human meaning than secular indoctrination?
Funny because this observer has had no indoctrination other than public schools with their A,B,C's and 1+1=2's At least the secular world provides proofs, while the religious world provides nothing of any real consequence, what, thin air? Because I say so?? Are you kidding me? Leprechauns, faeries, trolls, gods, and other never seen invisible things. You're out of your tree, my friend. A fool to believe in the unknowable, simply because you fear dying... Oh, poor you... I Know, lets make something up, that we can believe in, that shall save us from all those things that we fear, If we don't acknowledge them, then they'll go away. At least for a little while!!! Can you say, "ostrich?"

Is killing the spirit through drugs
I despise man made drugs, I only look to mother nature for solutions.

and indoctrination while inviting them to prostitute themselves
To prostitute oneself is to sell out to "any" belief rather than to heed one's own understanding. "ANY" BELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though very obviously your belief is built upon swamp land, while that of the secularist is on very solid ground indeed, that which is grounded in PROOFS!! Can you say, "Proofs?" No you can't, no one that believes in religion can!!! I see that you religious people just want people to believe in your crazy ideas so you can control them, I'm reminded of Jonestown, Heavensgate and Charles Manson. You figure if you can sell them your religion based on nothing but hot air, you know, absolutely no proofs whatsoever, you can sell them anything that suits your twisted desires. Including laced koolaid or a harem of submissive concubines. You people sicken me!!! THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH!!! And only science can eventually uncover all truth that there is to uncover, PERIOD!!!! Yes, even if it's true that their actually is a mindful creator! Science is the only answer, as long as it always remains revisionist in nature!

really the answer to solving the problem of the human need to experience objective human meaning and purpose?
Science is the only solution to know the absolute truth of things, my friend!

Atla

Post by Atla »

Eternal is a concept, human is a concept, all words are concepts...all knowledge is made from words aka concepts....knowledge informs illusory reality.
You just shot your story in the foot again. No one can make "any" case if they destroy language, as it's language that they use to destroy language. The snake eating itself again??? You sound like a fool. I realize you're scared of dying, everyone is. That they won't admit it, a testament to how deeply their fear goes. Yes, those that see their life as eternal are the most fearful of us all.

Illusory in the sense there is no word living life.
No! Illusory is in fact just another word, another concept! Your problem is that you seem incapable of knowing which words/concepts are illusory and which are real. Or is your purpose simply to sir the pot of ridiculousness?

Life lives itself, it's without words, words have been artificially superimposed upon life/reality by the mind...another illusion.
Then do yourself and all us a favour. Shut up using words, and give us and yourself a break, because it's obvious that your disapproval of words lends to your inability to wield them effectively. Stop being a hypocrite and stop using words to try and undermine words. You foolish snake that loves eating it's tail!

Drop all concepts...and what is left?

Drop all thought..and what is left?
Well from you, I certainly hope it's silence! ;-) Because your absurdity, while being quite entertaining, has no real place in a philosophy forum, accept as a joke! So on second thought keep it up, your convoluted diatribe lends to levity. :lol:
Hehe yeah.. Dontaskme seems to believe that he/she is in some sense the voice of the world. Good example of the absolute-relative confusion.

There is the absolute understanding that all is one, and we are it, but this should be kept as just some vague abstract understanding. And there is the relative understanding that I am this human, which is how we live our everyday lives.

So things can go very wrong when these two are mixed together into one nonsensical blob. Especially when Dontaskme doesn't realize that all these things are still in his/her head.

But I saw another topic where Dontaske too was easily out-absurded by another poster, ken. It was kinda sad but also kinda hilarious.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dubious wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:22 pm
Nick_A wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 am I've become convinced that secularism is really like a religious cult. Its God is the Great Beast and whoever questions its supremacy should suffer the same consequences as someone in an Islamic country questioning its God.
Talk about a mind buried under its own dogma! How many poop bags would it take to remove the festering folly of one so inundated with hatred and perversity as if blinded in each eye! If such a one came to power he'd subjugate whole populations to conform to his own contradictory deviant doctrines of "eternal values"!

Such holier than thou individuals who make themselves into infallible arbiters of values have usually been the bane of humans and civilizations, imprisoning other minds so they can't speak.

In spite of the likes of a "Nick_A" being only a tiny instance of a bit player, there have been too many of them throughout history. Fuck them all!
Nick, I wonder if you are able to understand the danger of holding to belief in eternal values, as Dubious explains. Ordinary Christians filter eternal values through the life and death of one wise god/man thus eternal values are more humanistic for them.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 pmCase in point??
Any one can enter the kingdom of heaven..but you have to leave your case outside.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Yep, you got it, that's exactly what I've been pointing to all along. I agree with Kant.
That's a surprise as what you claim about 'the One' etc appears to say otherwise. So do you now say that you have no idea if there is a 'One' as no-one can know such a thing?
If knowledge is one with the knowing then it's all a fiction arising in no thing....it's not that it's wrong per-se..it's what it is, purely fictional...believed or not believed to be true, that's the nature of the mind, it's makes-it-all-up-as-it-goes-along...like this.......
But the mind doesn't make up the body? The body makes up the mind.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 am
But I saw another topic where Dontaske too was easily out-absurded by another poster, ken. It was kinda sad but also kinda hilarious.

You didn't see that coming you said to me. That being Nonduality.

Yeah, I guess it is kind of sad you're still getting all hung up on fairy stories.

Just remember, that when you are falling, it is wise to let go of the air.