Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Post by Lacewing »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 pm
Nick_A wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:41 pm
So, Nick, YOU have NO agenda in being here? Go ahead... lie about it. :lol:
As a person living by an agenda,what do you think my agenda is?
The question is put to you: Do you or don't you have one?
So, as usual, Nick spews his fanatic claims and then ignores any follow-up question that would reveal himself to be a liar or a fool or both. Such dishonorable and slithering behavior for one who represents himself to be a shining example of some sort (above all others) -- in combination with his ongoing convoluted agenda and hatefulness of people -- is much more fitting of, say... a BEAST. Which would make sense... as Nick is totally dependent on, and intoxicated with, the BEAST that he speaks of -- HIS CREATION -- and that’s how it works, you know -- look at religion -- fighting with one's own creations, denying they are yours, and pretending to be better than them!! How clever... in a really primitive way.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 pm
Nick_A wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 pm

As a person living by an agenda,what do you think my agenda is?
The question is put to you: Do you or don't you have one?
So, as usual, Nick spews his fanatic claims and then ignores any follow-up question that would reveal himself to be a liar or a fool or both. Such dishonorable and slithering behavior for one who represents himself to be a shining example of some sort (above all others) -- in combination with his ongoing convoluted agenda and hatefulness of people -- is much more fitting of, say... a BEAST. Which would make sense... as Nick is totally dependent on, and intoxicated with, the BEAST that he speaks of -- HIS CREATION -- and that’s how it works, you know -- look at religion -- fighting with one's own creations, denying they are yours, and pretending to be better than them!! How clever... in a really primitive way.
It would be better for you to admit that you are locked into an agenda so cannot understand those who are not.

I am for encouraging the freedom which enables a person to become themselves. I am for consciously "awakening." It is meaningless to you since you are locked into an agenda of collectivism telling others what to think and do while I'm for individuality which is striving "to be." By definition it cannot be a conditioned agenda. Any attempt to do so just becomes secularism.

This isn't your interest so it is best for you to avoid it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pm It would be better for you to admit that you are locked into an agenda so cannot understand those who are not.
Why would it be better for me to admit to something that you've made up that is not true? I'm not locked into an agenda -- I do, however, exercise all kinds of agendas when it seems appropriate. Life is full of varying agendas. That's being honest... which you are not being.
Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pmI am for encouraging the freedom which enables a person to become themselves. I am for consciously "awakening."
As are a bazillion other people including myself, Nick. You're not uniquely glorious. :D
Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pmIt is meaningless to you since you are locked into an agenda of collectivism telling others what to think and do while I'm for individuality which is striving "to be."
No, I'm pointing out that you are full of crap. You can be that way if you want to!
Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pmBy definition it cannot be a conditioned agenda. Any attempt to do so just becomes secularism.
Aren't you telling people all the time what and how they should be? Why do your allowances for yourself break all the rules that you set for other people?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing
No, I'm pointing out that you are full of crap. You can be that way if you want to!
Nick_A wrote: ↑Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:28 pm

By definition it cannot be a conditioned agenda. Any attempt to do so just becomes secularism.

Aren't you telling people all the time what and how they should be? Why do your allowances for yourself break all the rules that you set for other people?
It is perfectly normal for a secularist to believe a universalist is psychologically constipated.

However, what have I told you that you should be?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 pm
It is perfectly normal for a secularist to believe a universalist is psychologically constipated.
No one could accuse you of being psychologically constipated, Nick, your output of crap is quite astonishing.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Yes I'm talking too.
:lol: I just noticed the typo so have corrected it.

So you are talking to yourself?

Do you have to try to be a human?
Depends what you think a human being is I guess.
The last time I tried being a human I discovered that I didn't have to. What a waste of energy trying to be what you already are without effort.
So what is a human being to you?
And now you say your also a primate...have you ever been a chameleon as well?
Are you saying you're not of the primate class or more specifically a hominid?
Do you even know what you are really?
Sure, I'm a body with senses, memory and language in an external world.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:No, you implied that not me... see evidence in bold.....stop projecting your implied ideas at me as if they were mine, swallow your own lie, because where I live I'm fairly far from such a thing...do you understand? or are you having trouble in that area where you live? ...
See the word "appeared"?

So what did you mean by this? "What's the alternative? .. More hairless ape hierarchical patriarchal theocracy ?" As I'd have thought the alternative is where we live at present or at least where I do whereas Nick-A appears to wish to reinstate or create such a system.
Now repeat after me children...''hierarchical patriarchal theocracy''....keep saying these high sounding words, because high sounding words make you look high, they will appear to make you look like you are saying something really really clever...and if anyone asks you what it means you can just tell them I don't know, it's just what someone told me to say.
You must be American, don't be scared, words with more than two syllables are easy to understand once you look-up the meaning and they're not meant to belittle others, more to accurately describe something in shortened form as it saves time in discussion.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 pm However, what have I told you that you should be?
Like you.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:27 am
Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 pm However, what have I told you that you should be?
Like you.
First you will require a sex change. Are you willing? I have openly supported the potential for a person to become themselves as opposed to an indoctrinated atom of the Great Beast. Do you really think I would want you to surrender the potential for your being to become like me?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 am I have openly supported the potential for a person to become themselves as opposed to an indoctrinated atom of the Great Beast.
You are judge and jury on WHAT that looks like, and who it applies to. So it would be more accurate to say that you have "openly condemned", rather than "openly supported".

That's the agenda you appear to be locked into. You claim what people ARE and ARE NOT, and what they SHOULD BE -- regardless of what they are saying. Over and over on this forum, you accuse people of being secularists that have no validity in their perspectives or values, serving some sort of GREAT BEAST. That's idiotic of you, Nick... and it's evil. That's what you're being.

I don't even know why you keep condemning me with your collective secularist bullshit. I may not personally have a belief in a god... and I may think religion is toxic... but I understand and support people who find personal value in such belief systems for themselves (without condemning others who don't)... and I am very SPIRITUAL, myself. I am also very independent and unconventional -- a trailblazer, not a follower. Your brand of ongoing condemnation based on your fabricated ideas about people you don't know, is insane. Why don't you stick to what people are saying here, and stop projecting all kinds of crazy crap on them?

Are you so oblivious of how dishonest you are being? I am sure that Simone would be so utterly disgusted that someone with such dishonest behavior is associating themselves with her. Just like all the evil, lying people who call themselves Christians. Jesus would be so pissed! Why drag down the reputations of others with your foolish insanity? Stop trying to suck their honor for yourself.
Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pmDo you really think I would want you to surrender the potential for your being to become like me?
If you knew the potential of my being that I live and explore every day (even every moment!), it would blow your fucking socks off. You have NO CLUE! And until you realize that you have no clue about the VASTNESS of SPIRITUAL NATURE beyond your piddly little self-serving ideas, then YOU are nothing more than a servant to your own smelly beast in your own dark cave. Is THAT the potential of YOUR being, Nick?
Yrreg

Post by Yrreg »

Okay, everyone here, let us do philosophy as behooves this website, https://forum.philosophynow.org.

Now, from my stock knowledge, philosophy is the endless search by reasoning for the programming that exists or might exist or should exist in everything.*

So, we ask ourselves, in regard to the existence of sex organs with mankind, what is the programming in regard to them?

We look at nature and we conclude that it is obvious sex organs are programmed by nature for the begetting of human babies.

In addition, for the sexual pleasure of man and woman.

Now, history tells us that man and woman have always sought to get sex pleasure without getting to produce babies, unless they care to have babies, because Oh babies are so cute!

And then there are the preachers of eternal values, for them using sex organs for making money by folks offering the service of their organs to other humans, who are willing to pay for using them for sex pleasure, Hey, that is against an eternal value!

Now, as a student of philosophy, I ask the preachers of eternal values, how have you ever come to the notion of eternal values?

*I have presented this definition of philosophy elsewhere.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote, and I agree:
There is much shared awareness that could be observed and explored together. And it would seem that the point and value of communication is to be understood. Full truthfulness and equality seem to be lacking from DAM's presentations. This is why, to me, it appears that DAM's agenda includes self-serving elements that create inconsistencies in what she says. When she is more "real and down-to-earth", she is much more interesting (and there is more value realized) in this "time zone". :D
Dontaskme objected to my " projection" regarding her beliefs and affiliations. I try not to project but I am human and with my best will to be objective I do interpret according to who I think I am. I expect that DAM also is human and not a disembodied consciousness and so it must follow that even DAM cannot relinquish her self.

What DAM means to me is that there is no ultimate truth only interpretations of phenomena. What Dontaskme means to herself will probably remain a mystery, but her persistent unwillingness to agree with anybody reminds me that whatever Lacewing and I so sincerely communicate we are interpreting whatever phenomena appear in our separate lives.

I don't know where this leaves eternal values. My money is on the rights of the individual with a flavour of the stronger protecting the weaker. It is probably the case that I am reflecting the culture that produced me so be it.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick wrote:
send her a check--
He is definitely an American then .
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Welcome back Harbal :D :D :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Belinda wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 am Welcome back Harbal :D :D :D
Thanks, Belinda, I was missing you. Actually, I only popped of to make a cup of tea but you know what it's like when you get sidetracked. :)