Prostitution and Eternal Values

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:38 am
The fall of man's being as inner unity began with the initial division into "them" or Man and Woman. From there problems ensued. This necessitated the original human condition in which imagination took the place of human consciousness. It has been downhill ever since.
It couldn't have been any other way.

The Hindu's call it the cosmic play of Lila

Nothing has actually fallen Nick, it's all a story told by a fool signifying nothing.

The stories appear to be real that's all, and while they appear to be real, the acting is taken very seriously...

So even when consciousness transcends from duality to it's true state of nonduality ...it still has to live in the world of duality, for that's all there is.

There is only SELF ...out of itself, comes itself, appears to itself, disappears into self...reappears as self....it's all THE ONE SAME SELF

appearing to be playing the good guy or the bad guy...it's all good, because it's INFINITELY ETERNAL...in that NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

What appears to be happening right now as this post is being typed is already over.

Identification with what's over as if it's still happening is the suffering...awakening to the dream is the end of all knowledge and suffering.

But who want's to go to that place?

Do you see the problem?

We are addicted to our story...for we are nothing without it.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:50 am
:lol: A career as a guru beckons! Go tell it from the mountain, brother!

Be quick, though, I hear that Nick is in the market for mountains in which to teach the way of the Grumbling Evasive Rationalising Misogynist to his many follower.
People need to stop shooting the messenger. Shoot the message but not the messenger. Your response is immature pettiness. Not your fault, it's part of the human conditioning to mock others...and while those who do this to others at the same time hate being mocked themselves.

People are only playing with their ideas...underneath the person is consciousness at play...precious beyond belief.

The student is the teacher and vice versa....we're all Buddhas, you were born a Buddha...into a world of seeming opposites..HERE NOW it's all up to you the Buddha where you decide to focus your attention...because energy flows where attention goes.

The conditioned belief that your worldly teachers aka''others'' have taught you that you are the doer....is okay, fine, and part and parcel of the play of opposites....as the story goes....but the flip side is that the real teacher which is ''yourself'' via ''existential experiencing'' can choose to be it's own teacher and undo all the opposite teaching which is to teach you to be the doer...

So undoing the doing teaching is the entrance into your real nature the Buddha already within you ..who serves to teach you the concept of complimentary opposites...and to know the difference.

It's up to you entirely which side of the fence you want to sit on...don't ever give that power away to other sides...because those sides might be sitting on a different side of the fence to you.

It's like do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang....OR...you can just be your own best friend, mother, father, child...and live out the rest of eternity shining.... :D

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:25 am
Nick_A wrote:We've also learned that the estimated 1.324 billion Hindus in India are all full of shit for taking eternal values seriously. One of the great benefits of a secular progressive education is that it can declare with credentials who is full of shit. Progress.
I'd take those 'eternal values' a whole lot more seriously if it wasn't for the fact that the vast bulk of those Hindus are walking around knee-deep in shit due to the 'higher' castes not caring about building sewers or toilets for them and that Hindu women can't take a shit in the fields at night for fear of being raped.
You're eternal SELF is an invisible jobby.

https://favim.com/image/4112758/

No shit, no lotus, aka beauty ~Plato
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:48 amAh! Here is the issue, you don't believe that when a body dies one dies with it and the problem with your argument is that you already tacitly assume that there is a way to be alive without being a body but can provide no shred of evidence that this is the case other than your wishful thinking.
The one looking out of the eyes of the dream character A_uk...has never seen death.

Only LIFE IS SEEN.

What appears to die comes back to life, as we see all too often in our own gardens.

Without this important transition from life to death to life again ..life would not be possible...just stating the obvious.

Only life is seen, not death, death and life are the same phenomena, they just differ in appearance that's all.

This is what the religions mean by eternal life...life can only come from life, there is only life living itself eternally.

It's only the mind that separates the IS-NESS of what is.... into the ISN'T-NESS of what isn't...all illusory...because no one has ever seen a mind either.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The uglier, deeper, and thicker the shit...the more beautiful the flower blooms...it's the divine intelligence...it will drag you through hell just to show you heaven...no one said it was going to be easy...just that it would be worth it.

Religions are all resonating with this message...but it MUST take ''existential experience'' to KNOW IT...for real.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 am The uglier, deeper, and thicker the shit...the more beautiful the flower blooms...it's the divine intelligence...it will drag you through hell just to show you heaven...no one said it was going to be easy...just that it would be worth it.

Religions are all resonating with this message...but it MUST take ''existential experience'' to KNOW IT...for real.
What a lying platitude!

If the "divine intelligence " existed it would be evil. DAM, do you think that all the heaven that may be makes up for the agonising death of one child of three years old? If you believe so, you are misusing your presumably God-given reason.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:When eternal values are corrupted, why blame eternal values? ...
:lol: How can you corrupt an eternal value and if you can what point of them?
Why not admit that that we are hypocrites. ...
Or admit that your eternal values have no objective basis and are make-believe?
That is an elemental aspect of the human condition. ...
Only if you believe that there is some external agency at work otherwise we are doing what is in our nature and nothing hypocritical about it.
You can either bask in denial of eternal values or seek to consciously affirm through self knowledge why we are incapable of being normal for human being.
:lol: So lose/lose all the way in your metaphysic then.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:The one looking out of the eyes of the dream character A_uk...has never seen death. ...
Seen it, smelt it and held it, you?
Only LIFE IS SEEN.
Untrue as 'Life' is a reification. The living and dead are everywhere to be seen.
What appears to die comes back to life, as we see all too often in our own gardens.
The same plant doesn't and you are an animal not a vegetable.
Without this important transition from life to death to life again ..life would not be possible...just stating the obvious.
Really not as it's not the same living thing. What is obvious is birth, reproduction and death.
Only life is seen, not death, death and life are the same phenomena, they just differ in appearance that's all.
Make your mind up you just said you can't see death so how are you telling a difference of appearance?
This is what the religions mean by eternal life...life can only come from life, there is only life living itself eternally.
Do they, best tell the Christians then as they believe in an eternal afterlife praising their 'God' or eternal punishment.
It's only the mind that separates the IS-NESS of what is.... into the ISN'T-NESS of what isn't...all illusory...because no one has ever seen a mind either.
You don't have to see a mind, just be one to know that it is.

A good rule of thumb is that whenever capitals are used unnecessarily the person had no clue what the words mean or refer to but I stand to be corrected so what is this 'IS-NESS'?
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

How are they being corrupted? The Hindu is following them in that your 'dharma' and 'karma' put those people where they are and as such deserve nay have even caused their treatment.
So no they are not hypocrites but are following your eternal values.
But they are not being hypocritical according to those values?
You can either bask in denial of eternal values or seek to consciously affirm through self knowledge why we are incapable of being normal for human being.
:lol: So a lose/lose situation all round then.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:21 pm
How are they being corrupted? The Hindu is following them in that your 'dharma' and 'karma' put those people where they are and as such deserve nay have even caused their treatment.
So no they are not hypocrites but are following your eternal values.
But they are not being hypocritical according to those values?
:lol: So a lose/lose situation all round then.
You do not appear to distinguish even theoretically between prophets and false prophets. They are the same for you which is why for you eternal values cannot be corrupted and prostituted. There is nothing to corrupt. The following biblical passage will be nonsense for you but that doesn't make it nonsense. Perhaps you don't know how to read it. It invites a quality of conscious contemplation that will be offensive to the secular dualistic mind provoking blind denial.
1 John 4 New International Version (NIV)

On Denying the Incarnation
4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:38 am
The fall of man's being as inner unity began with the initial division into "them" or Man and Woman. From there problems ensued. This necessitated the original human condition in which imagination took the place of human consciousness. It has been downhill ever since.
It couldn't have been any other way.

The Hindu's call it the cosmic play of Lila

Nothing has actually fallen Nick, it's all a story told by a fool signifying nothing.

The stories appear to be real that's all, and while they appear to be real, the acting is taken very seriously...

So even when consciousness transcends from duality to it's true state of nonduality ...it still has to live in the world of duality, for that's all there is.

There is only SELF ...out of itself, comes itself, appears to itself, disappears into self...reappears as self....it's all THE ONE SAME SELF

appearing to be playing the good guy or the bad guy...it's all good, because it's INFINITELY ETERNAL...in that NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

What appears to be happening right now as this post is being typed is already over.

Identification with what's over as if it's still happening is the suffering...awakening to the dream is the end of all knowledge and suffering.

But who want's to go to that place?

Do you see the problem?

We are addicted to our story...for we are nothing without it.

As I understand it, consciousness and imagination are mutually exclusive, If pure conciousness IS, what is the purpose of the universe perceived as a process described by Buddha as suffering? What is the reason for this unnecessary potential for imagination?
“The supernatural greatness of Christianity lies in the fact that it does not seek a supernatural remedy for suffering but a supernatural use for it.” ~ Simone Weil
Now this makes more sense to me than imagining suffering doesn't exist since I've grown to appreciate the meaning of the Crucifixion and Resurrection in relation to the human condition rather than deny it as a dream. I just don't understand the rational for your belief. Why would pure consciousness intentionally produce imagination and all the suffering it produces?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:You do not appear to distinguish even theoretically between prophets and false prophets. They are the same for you which is why for you eternal values cannot be corrupted and prostituted. There is nothing to corrupt. The following biblical passage will be nonsense for you but that doesn't make it nonsense. Perhaps you don't know how to read it. It invites a quality of conscious contemplation that will be offensive to the secular dualistic mind provoking blind denial.
You really are a slimy kisser aren't you Nick_A. I asked you for some examples of objective eternal truths that can guide moral behaviour and you gave me the dharma and karma, so I pointed-out that those who believe such stuff appear to behave very badly from our moral standpoint, you then tried to say that this is because they are hypocrites but I pointed-out that they are not as from their point of view the ills that befall one are due to the dharma and ones karma. Facing this you then decide to waffle off to Christianity as presumably you have no answer to why the eternal truths you provided allow such moral behaviour.

Anyhoo, I have no idea what you mean by a 'prophet' but if you mean someone on speaking terms and a mouthpiece for some 'God' then you're right I think them all false.

4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
What are these 'spirits'?

You saying there are some kind of spectral entities wafting about the place? But LMAO that it doesn't cross your mind that some of these 'spirits' might just lie and acknowledge that this JC is 'God' in the flesh? No don't tell me, if they do this they'll vanish in a puff of smoke. :roll:

The logic is terrible how can something be coming and yet be here already?
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Dear oh dear, I can see why you like the Marxists. Basically perfect indoctrination and impervious to any reasoning. This is why I'll never be letting such as you teach my kids and have taught them to be on watch for you and your ilk.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 pm
Nick_A wrote:You do not appear to distinguish even theoretically between prophets and false prophets. They are the same for you which is why for you eternal values cannot be corrupted and prostituted. There is nothing to corrupt. The following biblical passage will be nonsense for you but that doesn't make it nonsense. Perhaps you don't know how to read it. It invites a quality of conscious contemplation that will be offensive to the secular dualistic mind provoking blind denial.
You really are a slimy kisser aren't you Nick_A. I asked you for some examples of objective eternal truths that can guide moral behaviour and you gave me the dharma and karma, so I pointed-out that those who believe such stuff appear to behave very badly from our moral standpoint, you then tried to say that this is because they are hypocrites but I pointed-out that they are not as from their point of view the ills that befall one are due to the dharma and ones karma. Facing this you then decide to waffle off to Christianity as presumably you have no answer to why the eternal truths you provided allow such moral behaviour.

Anyhoo, I have no idea what you mean by a 'prophet' but if you mean someone on speaking terms and a mouthpiece for some 'God' then you're right I think them all false.

What are these 'spirits'?

You saying there are some kind of spectral entities wafting about the place? But LMAO that it doesn't cross your mind that some of these 'spirits' might just lie and acknowledge that this JC is 'God' in the flesh? No don't tell me, if they do this they'll vanish in a puff of smoke. :roll:

The logic is terrible how can something be coming and yet be here already?
Dear oh dear, I can see why you like the Marxists. Basically perfect indoctrination and impervious to any reasoning. This is why I'll never be letting such as you teach my kids and have taught them to be on watch for you and your ilk.

You've limited yourself to dualistic literal reasoning. It has become the norm for you. As I've said, my concern is for the young minority who are not yet spiritually dead so can be open to eternal values and how they relate to objective human meaning and purpose as well as resistance to conscious perception.

Simone Weil was a highly regarded marxist. Why did she abandon her belief in marxism? Did she lose her intelligence or did she acquire it?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I see those sentences ending with a question mark are still anathema to you Nick_A.
Nick_A wrote:You've limited yourself to dualistic literal reasoning. ...
I doubt you even know what the term 'Dualism' refers to in Philosophy.

If you mean that I ask and answer questions then sure colour me differently than you.

If you mean do I reason with Logic in mind then sure again, you should try it sometime.

However I have other tools in the bag which I use when thinking and or thoughting.
It has become the norm for you. ...
Once again you make assertions you cannot know?
As I've said, my concern is for the young minority who are not yet spiritually dead so can be open to eternal values and how they relate to objective human meaning and purpose as well as resistance to conscious perception. ...
What do you mean by 'conscious perception' and why would you wish to resist it?

You'll have to give me a new example of what you mean by eternal values as the two you gave earlier appear to have major flaws when it comes to moral behaviour and seem very spiritually suspect, can you do this?
Simone Weil was a highly regarded marxist. ...
Is that supposed to be a compliment? Marx himself said he wasn't a Marxist.
Why did she abandon her belief in marxism? Did she lose her intelligence or did she acquire it?
Neither, she just swapped one dogma for another.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising
If you mean do I reason with Logic in mind then sure again, you should try it sometime.
Yes, your reasoning is based on the logic of the EXCLUDED middle. You have yet to experience that it is a partial truth. You are unaware of the law of the INCLUDED middle which is essential to acquire a human perspective.
In logic, the law of excluded middle (or the principle of excluded middle) states that for any proposition, either that proposition is true or its negation is true. It is the third of the three classic laws of thought.
Once again you make assertions you cannot know?
I know you reason by the law of the excluded middle with questionable premises. What else is necessary to know
What do you mean by 'conscious perception' and why would you wish to resist it?
You misunderstood. I am not against conscious perception. I have become aware how powerful our collective resistance is to the experience. We don’t consciously experience. Instead we interpret and prejudge. If humanity as a whole were capable of conscious perception, everything would be different.