~ Where Are You Philosophically? Left Brain/Right Brain Weather ~

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Where Are You Philosophically? Left Brain/Right Brain Weather ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

..........................................Image

Some people rely upon current weather reports to describe & define to them exactly what atmospheric conditions they are experiencing - or will be experiencing.

Many other individuals prefer to not know the weather reports and just experience the weather in that moment. Perhaps making educated guesses upon the immediate upcoming weather.

Left brain centered individual are quite linear. That is often reflected by how they approach current or upcoming atmospheric conditions.

Right brain centered philosophers are more of a regional view type of individual that doesn't necessarily need to know upcoming facts or forecasts.

Of coarse, the optimum view of a centered philosopher in their relation to the weather is a delicate balance of the two characteristics of left brain/right brain theory.

Where you are in-the-moment, experiencing yourself as an object within a reality. Watching yourself, your thoughts, instincts, movements & emotions. With a clear, uncluttered mind. Yet being fully informed as to the measurements & readings of the current weather conditions & forecast.

Where are you? Where is your state of being? What is the weather like in you?

................................................Image

commonsense

Re: ~ Where Are You Philosophically? Left Brain/Right Brain Weather ~

Post by commonsense »

Thank you for this thought-provoking, mind-blowing post of the kind that can keep one up at night, damn you.

To wit:

I (right-brainedly) stare into an out-of-body experience,

while I (left-brainedly) sense my surroundings as they are

in the present and will be in the foreseeable future.

I’m aware of my self-awareness.

I’m experiencing recursions into parallel recursions.

My being–it is within the environment within it.

Howzat for starters?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

..................................................................Wow. That is excellent. You get it!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Ignoring of course that the this "left brain/right brain theory" is basically bunkum as are the characteristics and functions assigned to them.

Although it is a nice example of how urban myths and interweeble 'memes' propagate.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Left Brain/Right Brain is a metaphor. A metaphor based upon science.

I'm very familiar with a book by Julian Jaynes. He digs-down upon this topic. Quite interesting. Enlightening.

How do you approach the topic of weather?
Do you focus-in each morning upon the weather report? - left brain, or, are you more like me? Where I open the outside door, blow the air out of my lungs, ALL of the air out, then suck-in all that I can. DEEP into my depths of my soul. Then I am the weather...empty, yet all...

Who are you?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Great thread Bill, thanks.

As for this one here who are you?

I AM The perfect storm. :D (surprise! surprise!) :wink:

I can flip between the two polarities, I can stay in the centre of myself where it's always perfectly calm, still and blissful...or I can venture out at will to experience the transient whirlpool side of myself and have the craziest,wildest, sometimes incredibly amazing, sometimes the scariest trip of my WHOLE life...hahaha :wink:
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.................................................Thank you for adding some meat & bones to this topic!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Left Brain/Right Brain is a metaphor. A metaphor based upon science.
A metaphor based upon out-of-date science Bill, get with the times.
I'm very familiar with a book by Julian Jaynes. He digs-down upon this topic. Quite interesting. Enlightening.
And out-of-date as the latest science show that the brain does not work as he thought.

Here's a freebie for you just so you can update your gnu status, try top and bottom brains much more scientific. I can guarantee that you'll be spouting nonsense about this in the near future as well. :lol:
How do you approach the topic of weather? Do you focus-in each morning upon the weather report? ...
I'm British, we're born knowing what the weather will be.
- left brain, or, are you more like me? ...
What, a no-brain gnu?
Where I open the outside door, blow the air out of my lungs, ALL of the air out, then suck-in all that I can. DEEP into my depths of my soul. Then I am the weather...empty, yet all...
Do that here in London and you'll be shortening your life.
Who are you?[/size]
A yam.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 am
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Left Brain/Right Brain is a metaphor. A metaphor based upon science.
A metaphor based upon out-of-date science Bill, get with the times.

There is nothing out of date...there's only the timeless unchanging now, always present. This present is the only real reality.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I find the left brain/right brain metaphor very usable, believable, & beneficial.

It is a metaphor. And if it doesn't work for some people - that's fine.

...*FYI - the research supporting left brain/right brain phenomenon is STILL scientifically solid, IN PLACE and used throughout the world to this day to research brain functioning and human consciousness.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 am
I'm British, we're born knowing what the weather will be.
In my experience, there are only 2 seasons in the UK: rainy and foggy. :)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:There is nothing out of date...there's only the timeless unchanging now, always present. This present is the only real reality.
You think you're saying something but you aren't.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:I find the left brain/right brain metaphor very usable, believable, & beneficial.

It is a metaphor. And if it doesn't work for some people - that's fine. ...
Good for you but stop claiming that it has any basis in reality.

I've told you, time to gnu up and start using top and bottom brain.
...*FYI - the research supporting left brain/right brain phenomenon is STILL scientifically solid, IN PLACE and used throughout the world to this day to research brain functioning and human consciousness.
Wiki is not a source of scientifically solid information. I could link you to actual scientific papers that show what you claim about the functions associated with the hemispheres is now proving wrong and that whilst Sperry's work was interesting it does not apply to connected hemispheres but I doubt you'd read them as like all gnu's you avoid anything that would disturb your complacency. Still, this pretty much sums up your position - https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... rain-wrong
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You have one neuroscientist that disputes the volumes & volumes of accredited scientific studies by almost every reputable related academia on cognitive brain science.

I honestly DO NOT CARE what you chose to believe. It's YOUR life. YOUR intuition. YOUR judgement.

YOU don't believe the science. Fine. I GET THAT. I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE YOU OR YOUR OPINION.

I'm done staring down this rabbit hole. I'm done. Moving on. Suggest you do the same...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:You have one neuroscientist that disputes the volumes & volumes of accredited scientific studies by almost every reputable related academia on cognitive brain science. ...
Show me some links to scientific studies that support what you say about how the two hemispheres work? And especially with respect to what you claim about creativity, visual processing, logical thinking, language processing, etc. etc.
I honestly DO NOT CARE what you chose to believe. It's YOUR life. YOUR intuition. YOUR judgement. ...
Did I ask you to care? No, as this is a philosophy forum not some new-age babble site.
YOU don't believe the science. Fine. I GET THAT. I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE YOU OR YOUR OPINION.
I know I won't change yours as you're just a gnu but the point of my responses are to let others know that what you say is based upon out-dated research.
I'm done staring down this rabbit hole. I'm done. Moving on. Suggest you do the same...[/size]
Suggest what you like, my suggestion is you stop staring up your own arse.