~ Where Are You Philosophically? Left Brain/Right Brain Weather ~

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: ~ Where Are You Philosophically? Left Brain/Right Brain Weather ~

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote:There is nothing out of date...there's only the timeless unchanging now, always present. This present is the only real reality.
You think you're saying something but you aren't.

Say that to your teacher.

The student is your teacher.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Say that to your teacher.

Not really, teaching a student does teach one about teaching and can improve one's communication about ones subject and even in rare cases cause an insight into ones ideas about a subject but there is a reason why we have the words "teacher" and "student".
Last edited by Arising_uk on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am
Dontaskme wrote:Say that to your teacher.

Not really, teaching a student does teach one about teaching and can improve one's communication about ones subject and even in rare cases cause and insight into ones ideas about a subject but there is a reason why we have the words "teacher" and "student".

The teacher and the student are the same ONE.
“Everything is Consciousness, and thou art That. That is the Truth.”

That's all there is to learn/know.

The teacher talks, the student listens........listening to inner talk, the inner voice...listening to itself...an open mind will hear truth,the closed mind will hear lies.

All knowledge comes from the same place...the one knower.

When the student is ready the teacher appears...YOU are always available for yourself...you are everywhere........
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:The teacher and the student are the same ONE. ...
Not a lot of point in having teachers and students then?
“Everything is Consciousness, and thou art That. That is the Truth.”
A good rule of thumb is that any word that needs a capital when not needed is very likely to be far from the truth.
That's all there is to learn/know.
So much for the Sciences, Arts and Humanities then.
The teacher talks, the student listens........listening to inner talk, the inner voice...listening to itself...an open mind will hear truth,the closed mind will hear lies. ...
Well teachers do more than talk they also demonstrate and assess and whilst the inner voice is useful it's not the most useful tool for discovering what's true or not, the student needs to make a complete understanding of what's being taught and that involves making images, sounds and emotions into a coherent and contextual whole and then using the inner voice to communicate such an understanding.
All knowledge comes from the same place...the one knower.
You appear to have a very strange conception of what knowledge means?

All knowledge does come from the same place, people experiencing and communicating.
When the student is ready the teacher appears...YOU are always available for yourself...you are everywhere........
What a load of gnu piffle, I can see why you and Bill will get on.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Actually, through your responses, you are confirming & supporting the underlying philosophical thesis. You are confirming & supporting EXACTLY what is being presented.

THANK YOU all for responding...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What philosophical thesis?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

That you are the teacher/student & that the answers will come to you when you are prepared.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't be anal. Things will appear to you when you are ready.

*Good to see you participate here! Thank you
for your posts.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:That you are the teacher/student & that the answers will come to you when you are prepared.
The age old waffle of the gnu who has nothing to teach.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't be anal. Things will appear to you when you are ready.
The age old response from the gnu when questioned by their student.
*Good to see you participate here! Thank you for your posts.[/size]
The same old platitudes from the gnu trying to market their bollocks.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I appreciate & completely accept the names that you are using to describe me within your posts upon my threads. Don't know what significance they hold for you but I gotta say, overall I feel like naming or the approach that you are using diminishes you overall within this space.

I've looked at your profile information & I've discovered that you have OVER 10,700 POSTS here at The PhilosophyNow Forums. That's like, the most posts here! You, whoever you are, are the most senior member here! Yet - YOU NEVER BEGIN A THREAD. Think I saw a thread you actually began waaaaay back in your history - but that was because I shamed you into starting a thread...TBH the thread you started was...rather weak. Wasn't really a deep philosophical related thread.

You have created the image of your moniker throwing stones at something much larger than yourself. And the stone throwing doesn't have any effect. Except the fact that I guess, in your mind, you are winning somehow...Strange. Strange approach upon what is considered to be the world's largest, oldest, & most accomplished philosophy related forums. I do not discourage you. Quite the contrary. Selfishly I find your literary machinations amusing.

I found, as I said, a thread a while ago that you actually started on your own, with my gentle prodding. What I'd like to do is to challenge you or any other member to find a philosophy-related thread, prior to that thread, THAT YOU ACTUALLY STARTED.

I can't find one.

What I see - makes me feel sad for you & the overall reaching theme of this forum. I feel like, years from now, you will look back at your time here and see a phony moniker that NEVER actually put forward a philosophical perspective. You will just see a sad, rather bitter, manifestation of an ego that just would cast stones at other fellow members, never having the courage or philosophical fortitude to develop an interesting philosophical thesis, or even an unusual perspective, that you are confident enough to protect.

You just hide behind a phony moniker & throw stones.

...I hope you'd be better than this...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: I appreciate & completely accept the names that you are using to describe me within your posts upon my threads. Don't know what significance they hold for you but I gotta say, overall I feel like naming or the approach that you are using diminishes you overall within this space.
Well I'm glad you accept that you are a gnu Bill but like I've told you before I think your opinion of me is of no consequence to me.
I've looked at your profile information & I've discovered that you have OVER 10,700 POSTS here at The PhilosophyNow Forums. That's like, the most posts here! You, whoever you are, are the most senior member here! Yet - YOU NEVER BEGIN A THREAD. Think I saw a thread you actually began waaaaay back in your history - but that was because I shamed you into starting a thread...TBH the thread you started was...rather weak. Wasn't really a deep philosophical related thread. ...
You are completely delusional if you think you shamed me into anything but we've had this conversation before and like I told you before I don't start often start threads as I've studied Philosophy and as such know that I haven't yet come up with anything new enough to be of merit to post upon a forum for Philosophy or at least not without some embarrassment. Of course it is easy for such as you because as you've often stated you don't read and especially haven't read those we call the Philosophers so you can blithely post whatever drivel comes into your mind after surfing the weeb.
You have created the image of your moniker throwing stones at something much larger than yourself. And the stone throwing doesn't have any effect. Except the fact that I guess, in your mind, you are winning somehow...Strange. Strange approach upon what is considered to be the world's largest, oldest, & most accomplished philosophy related forums. I do not discourage you. Quite the contrary. Selfishly I find your literary machinations amusing.
More delusions and a nice example of the American habit of thinking that any critique of ones ideas is an assault rather than an opportunity for one to refine or address problems with ones thoughts, it's why you and many others are really not suited to be upon a philosophy forum and should really be on some kind of new-age feel good social network. So for example, you keep posting this left brain right brain 'theory' and keep asserting that it has a scientific basis even though the scientists themselves have now shown that the earlier results do not hold anymore given the advances in the field but does this deter you? Not at all and it's why I call you a gnu.
I found, as I said, a thread a while ago that you actually started on your own, with my gentle prodding. What I'd like to do is to challenge you or any other member to find a philosophy-related thread, prior to that thread, THAT YOU ACTUALLY STARTED. ...
Unlike you Bill I don't see this place as a social network nor a place to count coup as a pile of shite is still a pile of shite no matter how bigger you make it.
I can't find one.
Tell you what, try reading my posts and I think you will notice that when not dealing with gnus I demonstrate the how the tools of questioning critique, Reason and Logic work in Philosophy and I also do a couple of things that you never do and that is engage in a conversation and retract a statement or belief when it is shown to me to be false.
What I see - makes me feel sad for you & the overall reaching theme of this forum. I feel like, years from now, you will look back at your time here and see a phony moniker that NEVER actually put forward a philosophical perspective. You will just see a sad, rather bitter, manifestation of an ego that just would cast stones at other fellow members, never having the courage or philosophical fortitude to develop an interesting philosophical thesis, or even an unusual perspective, that you are confident enough to protect. ...
Think again and think again that you are producing philosophical theses.
It's called questioning critique Bill and asking questions is an age-old philosophical technique but then you'd not know this as you've never bothered to actually read what has been said in Philosophy.
Your opinon is immaterial to me.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.......................................................................should I stop hoping?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Who asked you to?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What a gnu you are with you petty mind games. :lol:

I'd have hoped some philosophy would have rubbed off onto you during your stints here but fat chance of that.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Feel like I would actually like you if we ever met.

You just seem like you have intellectually backed yourself up into a corner, in a completely glass room. You seem like there is no wiggle room for you...and it is glaringly apparent. Uncomfortably so.

“We're all just walking each other home.”
~ Ram Dass ~

Open the door. Take a deep, deep breath. We will never find the answer in our mind. The answer is wordless, a state of being, outside of our minds.

Join us as we walk each other home...