The Philosophic Quest

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Enigma3

The Philosophic Quest

Post by Enigma3 »

I was wondering why cosmology, both scientific and speculative, means so much to me; and why atoms and nanotechnology thrill me so much. I have come to a conclusion that such pleasures are universally appealing.

When I think about the philosophic quest I think about the saints and the martyrs of the middle ages; I think about the meaning of the relics of the church and what they held out for believers so hopefully. I also think about the explorers of the 16th century and how they sought "God, gold and glory".

I see nature as a woman and natural philosophy as a quest to join nature; to arrange it so that there's no separation between the individual and all of the richness that technology and science promise. This union would be an orgy of our senses and a feast for our minds; -- a true heaven. I guess the coming 'technological singularity' will bring us there.

I see the cosmos as a string of starry eggs that mother nature has laid down and the call of philosophy as the voice from the ethereal wilderness. This God is eternal and so her whole nature must remain, by definition, an eternal mystery. But there are some tell-tale signs and clues. The love of philosophy and science - the essential nature of philosophy - must be a true reflection.

-
Bill Wiltrack

Re: The Philosophic Quest

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Interesting subject matter. I LOVE your approach.

What are some of the books you have read?

Where are you coming from in relation to personal experiences? I would beat you are rich in that arena.