What is Emotion?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ansiktsburk

Re: What is Emotion?

Post by Ansiktsburk »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 am
Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am Some of you guys seem to take this thread as a platform for a Nobel Prize.

Keep it simple. Every Tuesday, after a hard days work I do HIIT(google it up) on my trainer bike, fill up a bath in my tub and lie there for a couple of hours. First hour I listen to a online Book (currently Pride & Predjudice). After that I simply lie there in the warm water and stare at a candle on a alcove in the wall.
And things come to me, without any external stimuli, I just stare at the candle. Thoughts come to me, often creative thoughts. But also emotions. I can just suddenly feel comfortable or anxious. Now what the hell is that? I'm pretty sure it's no use in making some kind of physiological/biological explanation, you will not come up with an explanation to why I felt that at that specific time. My 25c is that psychology is the best explanator currently available.

And like hell women or artists should feel emotions more than a tech guy like me. As a group we are not maybe as poetic retelling those emotions to others but we bloody well feel as much as anyone. (And in my native language I am as poetic as anyone else)
You make claims without foundation. Isn't that true?
I did state the foundation. My 25c. What's wrong with what I wrote?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:52 am
Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am
1. Some of you guys seem to take this thread as a platform for a Nobel Prize.

2. psychology is the best explanator currently available.

3. (And in my native language I am as poetic as anyone else)

4. (Imissed one, sorry)
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Without foundation my posts are out of nowhere. But my foundation is your posts. Your foundation are also your posts which are really not foundation at all.

When you write, "psychology is the best explanator currently available", that is a statement out of nowhere.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Troll wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 am
"I just want to point out that emotions are required by evolution;. That's why we have them."
What does emotion mean here? Electrical impulse? That just avoids the question in the OP. Besides, why do you bandy about these vapid claims with no arguments? What in Tartarus does the slimy body, "required by evolution", mean?

It's annoying when thoughtless people take over one's thread with their everyday chatter.
Emotions are the feelings of anger, sadness, love, joy, fear, etc. Without the brain, you wouldn't feel any of these. You would behave solely on comprehension. But, because of evolution, the brain creates emotions which are strong stimulators and can be a factor in a person's action.

Anger in consciousness is a state, a state without any impetus. The brain transform the state into a feeling with impetus.

Are you playing dumb?
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

jayjacobus wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Without foundation my posts are out of nowhere. But my foundation is your posts. Your foundation are also your posts which are really not foundation at all.

When you write, "psychology is the best explanator currently available", that is a statement out of nowhere.
Took a long time before i popped into the forum again, so pardon the late answer:
It's not. A persons 25c is not anything out of nowhere, if you do not have a "brain in the vat" view of life. What are your requirements for a foundation? An academic paper?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 am
jayjacobus wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Took a long time before i popped into the forum again, so pardon the late answer:
It's not. A persons 25c is not anything out of nowhere, if you do not have a "brain in the vat" view of life. What are your requirements for a foundation? An academic paper?
"psychology is NOT the best explanator currently available" is a statement out of nowhere and just as correct as "psychology is the best explanator currently available"

Both the statement and the rejection of the statement are not facts. They come from nowhere.