New Year's Resolutions

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6290
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:59 am

Sad attempt at deflection.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by FlashDangerpants » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 am
It makes absolutely no difference to anything whether I put up 55 or 65, 55 being a typo, you are beyond desperate! My actual age, you were correct, is sixty two, 62/65 it is exactly the same thing, makes no difference to anybody!

...

and I have also conducted on line experimentation with the use of my biological age, then biological age

....
What we're seeing here is that you do a lot of lying, and then you rationalise it all away with excuses that work inside your head, but are really just new lies.

You should change your name to AlternativeFactsDave. Let that be your new year resolution.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2223
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Lacewing » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
I am grateful for their friendship because I do n`t suffer, as the majority of adults likely unwittingly do on one level or another
What do you mean by this?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
Of course I do n`t buy them alcohol, I want them to follow my lead, and perhaps never have to concern themselves with growing old, that is my input, this is what I offer them - The diet, the exercise the mindset
So... your mindset... you appear to be under the influence of something (this was most apparent in your video)... is this true? I'm wondering if that's part of your wellness routine?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
I do n`t love this way, and I have helped many people.
Yes, I can imagine that you have: if a young person has nowhere to go, and no one that supports them, you might seem like a god to them. Is that part of the appeal for you? I don't believe it's all selfless on your part -- because you clearly crave satisfaction and popularity -- so what are you getting out of these relationships other than friendship and being a selfless hero? Is it the adoration?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
My New Year`s Resolution is to become a more significant entity on the internet, to try and blow my competition away
What would that mean to you? Do you desire fame?

I think it's reasonable for people here to be suspicious and concerned about your involvement with young people -- since surely we all care about young people. You enjoy being followed and desired (yes?)... and that could be a freaky trip for a young person to be involved in. If you're not exploiting them, you might be laying a path upon which they will be exploited by another. I remember what it's like being young and seeking something stable and impressive. I was very vulnerable and unable to distinguish between being used and being supported. If I was getting focused attention, I could imagine it to be whatever I wanted/needed -- even if it wasn't.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
Yes, I would wish to be considered as an ambassador for young people
Even if you're maintaining boundaries, I wonder at the impact you may be having as you feed your own need. The inconsistency in the things you say could be drug-related, or due to delusion/dishonesty/deception, or a mental issue/injury. Whatever the reason, a lack of clarity will compromise whatever your good intentions are. Look at all the people in the world who think they're doing "good"... when they are actually screwing up all kinds of things for others -- and it's due to lack of clarity and their own intoxicated beliefs/desires. Subjecting young people to such a thing is tragic, because they are unable to have clarity when you don't. Your desires for attention, adoration, and/or fame naturally distort your clarity -- and you will most surely continually redefine "reality" to support and sustain that.

Can you want the true well-being of others more than what you desire for yourself?

Dubious
Posts: 1506
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Dubious » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:49 pm

-1- wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:51 am
Dubious wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:36 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:59 am
My resolution: Try to stop talking to the nutjobs on this forum. :D
Why? The nutjobs have always been the most popular part of any forum who by far get the most responses. That's not going to change. The attention seeker knows that being perverse on a subject is the best way to get it; on a grander scale, not unlike how Trump became President. If there's one thing which rules BOTH sides it's the unremitting tendency of hypocrisy. In that we are all politicians!
I agree. I think the mechanism that keeps perverted justice and perverted logic alive is the strong desire by all to reverse the perverse. In some instances the perverse win (gay pride), in some instances the perverse need to re-verse each verse (like people who get their posts deleted on these forums.)

I support the presence of nut-jobs on the forums. Without them cyber-bullying and public community bashing of individuals,disgracing them at their expense would be impossible. And that is the most common denominator amongst us. Even the most noble-thinking, outstanding by community standards for their ethical behaviour, morally and intellectually absolutely unassailable citizens of this board is happy to bash Nick_A or any of the other mindlost, insane, schizotypal, delusional, sick persons.
Absolutely! Blessed be the nut-jobs for they make life interesting on philosophy forums and not rarely, elsewhere. THEY are the true centers of intellectual entertainment around which all would-be reformers ceaselessly orbit.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 813
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by -1- » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:25 am

Dubious wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:49 pm
Absolutely! Blessed be the nut-jobs for they make life interesting on philosophy forums and not rarely, elsewhere. THEY are the true centers of intellectual entertainment around which all would-be reformers ceaselessly orbit.
And to make this a truly happy arrangement... the nutjobs' view is that whom the non-notjobs consider non-notjobs, the nutjobs consider notjobs.

This arrangement is completely reciprocal and it mirrors itself, without actually diminishing the fun for either.

It's like both teams are playing on tilted fields for their own advantage; or like when the score of a soccer match indicates not a draw, not a win for one team and a loss for the other team, but a win for both teams.

Put nut-jobs and not-nut-jobs on a forum, sprinkle it with controversial, undecidable topics, and bang, you got a recipe for never-ending fun of bashing each other for both parties.

I feel like I am on that magical, proverbial train present in many a fantasy writing, where the devil drives the train to hell, and collects gamblers, prostitutes, mean enforcers, and booze smugglers along the way, and some bloke in Compartment B in First Class outfoxes the Devil, and this invisible soul-train of fun-loving low-life is riding to hell on a never-ending journey from there on to infinity.

Yeah, Fk.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 813
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by -1- » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 am

The spelling of "nutjobs" in the form of "notjobs" was a mistake. In each instance. It was unintentional, too. So please consider all instances of "notjobs" to be "nutjobs". The author regrets and apologizes for the confusion this may have caused.

Dubious
Posts: 1506
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Dubious » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:54 am

-1- wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 am
The spelling of "nutjobs" in the form of "notjobs" was a mistake. In each instance. It was unintentional, too. So please consider all instances of "notjobs" to be "nutjobs". The author regrets and apologizes for the confusion this may have caused.
As I'm not yet a licensed member of the Peanut Brittle with Nuts in the Middle fraternity my still semi steel trap mind automatically and spontaneously replaced the misplaced vowel with the one that was meant to correspond to your meaning.

Therefore there was no confusion.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 813
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by -1- » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:29 am

Dubious wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:54 am
Therefore there was no confusion.
I sometimes write phonetically, much like everyone else, but being an immigrant, who learned English from scratch as an adult, with a mother tongue already under my belt, my phonetic spelling mistakes are different.

(The metaphor of "my mother tongue under my belt" did not come out all that right, did it. If you are a visually oriented speaker/listener.)

Coming back to the sub-topic: I don't mix up your you're and up yours, or their, there and they're, or should of and should have. But I mix things up all right just the same.

Celebritydiscodave2
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
I am grateful for their friendship because I do n`t suffer, as the majority of adults likely unwittingly do on one level or another
What do you mean by this?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
Of course I do n`t buy them alcohol, I want them to follow my lead, and perhaps never have to concern themselves with growing old, that is my input, this is what I offer them - The diet, the exercise the mindset
So... your mindset... you appear to be under the influence of something (this was most apparent in your video)... is this true? I'm wondering if that's part of your wellness routine?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
I do n`t love this way, and I have helped many people.
Yes, I can imagine that you have: if a young person has nowhere to go, and no one that supports them, you might seem like a god to them. Is that part of the appeal for you? I don't believe it's all selfless on your part -- because you clearly crave satisfaction and popularity -- so what are you getting out of these relationships other than friendship and being a selfless hero? Is it the adoration?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
My New Year`s Resolution is to become a more significant entity on the internet, to try and blow my competition away
What would that mean to you? Do you desire fame?

I think it's reasonable for people here to be suspicious and concerned about your involvement with young people -- since surely we all care about young people. You enjoy being followed and desired (yes?)... and that could be a freaky trip for a young person to be involved in. If you're not exploiting them, you might be laying a path upon which they will be exploited by another. I remember what it's like being young and seeking something stable and impressive. I was very vulnerable and unable to distinguish between being used and being supported. If I was getting focused attention, I could imagine it to be whatever I wanted/needed -- even if it wasn't.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
Yes, I would wish to be considered as an ambassador for young people
Even if you're maintaining boundaries, I wonder at the impact you may be having as you feed your own need. The inconsistency in the things you say could be drug-related, or due to delusion/dishonesty/deception, or a mental issue/injury. Whatever the reason, a lack of clarity will compromise whatever your good intentions are. Look at all the people in the world who think they're doing "good"... when they are actually screwing up all kinds of things for others -- and it's due to lack of clarity and their own intoxicated beliefs/desires. Subjecting young people to such a thing is tragic, because they are unable to have clarity when you don't. Your desires for attention, adoration, and/or fame naturally distort your clarity -- and you will most surely continually redefine "reality" to support and sustain that.

Can you want the true well-being of others more than what you desire for yourself?
I think it is relatively ignorant, well, for a philosophy forum, socially significantly naive, so actually, unreasonable. It is not caring that matters - The only measure is in what a person does or does not do. Is your door open to homeless young people, and if not will this be your resolution for the new year? There are degrees of caring, and degrees of doing, but if you only look for that black cat in that blackened out room, but which does n`t in reality exist, and keep insisting on finding it there/but if your mind cannot operate outside and beyond suspicion, not even when my virtual entire life is put up on the internet, and this even with us both being members of the same species, both communication and information are a lost cause. Such is the degree of this entrenched prejudice, likely now even well beyond the recognition of its own existence. I could write volumes on prejudice, and have done elsewhere, but beyond the back of that postage stamp, I`m not sure you`d wish to add anything to what you think you already know.

"Even if`I`m maintaining boundaries" = In your world it is virtually impossible to maintain boundaries. In my world it would be all over the internet and straight to my door should I do anything inappropriate, and this is the way it should be. my age, or the same age. Neither do I suffer your issues over self control. "Feed my own need" Your need is self evident, but there is no need in having a following, the need being back with those that follow, and the fact that I might make a good role model for young people is not a need of mine, it might however be needed by some of them. I have a need/a motivation to be successful, but that need is a positive one. We are discussing sweet nothings! "The dishonesty" etc line, that`s just a load of meaningless wishful thinking, it amounts to nothing in the rational world. There is no lack of clarity, there is more clarity likely even with any single public figure in the world today, for I`m affiliated to no bodies, have zero income, repeat and repeat again my philosophy all over the internet, and conceal nothing away. Name one single person with greater clarity of purpose, not just name them, but get the name right back in the real world.

Nobody is exactly screwing anything up for want of clarity, they might be screwing things up then exercising a cover up. I SHALL BE BRINGING GIRLS HERE/they may be bringing themselves, apparently, number entirely unknown, and no guarantee. YOU SHALL THEN, should they wish to respond, BE ABLE TO ASK THEM AS TO WHETHER I HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE. If it is the 18 year old girl presently living with me her information should be considered as good as it gets. My communications with you here are merely for those that follow, for prejudice cannot be repaired/intellect cannot replace it, it`s a disease state. Therefore, your communications will persist exactly the same no matter what I say, and no matter what my following and those living with me have to say. Prejudice is ignorant, and it only ever knows to win. Add jealousy and the situation becomes even more toxic. Obviously though, nobody ever concedes to jealousy.

God, you are jealous, so everybody that is successful in what they do, and they are all noticed, have some kind of warped notion of the reality of the world, according to you, or is that just me!!haha So, according to you, it is only a wholly negative exercise to advance in sport, thus to be noticed, to excel, and more especially so when one is older. To be honest I` cannot even follow what you are talking about, it`s that desperate to find fault.
So, according to you, it is only a negative thing that a number of young people in following my record attempts are given hope for their own later lives, are inspired, and wish to take up sport themselves? Your notions for reality are irrationally desperate. My videos are on Youtube because it is of potential benefit to people should they realise that it is possible to perform at this level at my age. I believe that I know why I can perform at this level at my age, but until such time as they are made aware of me, hence the videos, they wont be coming to me for the answer. The answer could eventually save the NHS a small fortune, and at the same time have many of us living far more productive lives.

Where I will agree with you is that, seemingly at least, almost a majority of people in the public domain are not what they purport to be, not quite at least. Bare in mind, money corrupts, many of those that go after money are already corrupted, and either way these folk cannot be trusted. The luck of being good at passing exams does not go hand in hand with integrity of character either, it often undermines it. Ii is only a hard life which builds character.

You too, reveal the truth, not the inconsistency, so begin not with a lie, but your real name, your Facebook, everything about yourself, your associations, I want to be able to contact your friends, everywhere you visit on the internet, do as I have done, be open, it`s everything. Make this your new resolution. In encouraging me to cover all of this ground you are showing me real world support.

On another thread it would be worth discussing the real world character traits and behavior of those men and women that do prey on children. The biggest risk area by far is with step fathers, uncles, and step brothers, so within the family. If they are young to mid teens be especially more attentive (virtually all ages are a potential problem) of those in their twenties and thirties. By my age they would almost definitely have a record, and likely have served time. Nobody suddenly becomes a problem in their fifties,sixties and seventies. They will work young people in order to instill trust, but you have to try and separate this group from those that are trusted because they are in reality a very safe place, so likely even safer than the average. Some young people do have very good instincts over such matters, others, absolutely shocking. It is up to us all to keep one eye on them. As a mature adult you should by now have developed an ability for distinction, but some of you will very obviously get it wrong some of the time. One definitive trait is that they are low key and secretive, the very opposite to what I have been doing here. If I were a problem my success rate would very likely be zero, everybody would know, and I`d face the next ten years inside. Just to communicate with them in public, only ever in a public place, one has not just to be trusting, one also has to be brave. In the ideal world we would all be trusted because none of us would have anything to hide. Another resolution might be in coming here with our real names.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 2857
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

Post by henry quirk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:31 pm

"Can you want the true well-being of others more than what you desire for yourself?"

Sure...I love my 11 year old more than I love me (and I love 'me' a lot), but he's the only one.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2223
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Lacewing » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:47 pm
I`m not sure you`d wish to add anything to what you think you already know.
I expressed reasonable observations and concerns, and I asked you questions.

Here is what you think you already know about me, none of which is true:
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:47 pm
In your world it is virtually impossible to maintain boundaries.

Neither do I suffer your issues over self control.

Your need is self evident,

your communications will persist exactly the same no matter what I say

God, you are jealous

So, according to you, it is only a wholly negative exercise to advance in sport, thus to be noticed, to excel, and more especially so when one is older.

what you are talking about, it`s that desperate to find fault.
You are the one inviting people here to notice you. So why aren't you more understanding about the responses you get? Isn't it a good thing that people question someone who announces that they have involvement with lots of young people? Isn't it a good thing that people question someone who has inconsistencies in their communication, and who seems to lack mental clarity? Wouldn't it be easy enough for you to answer questions and demonstrate otherwise?

I can see a bit more now about your focus since you explained, but the projections you've blasted at me don't demonstrate clarity.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:47 pm
begin not with a lie, but your real name, your Facebook, everything about yourself, your associations, I want to be able to contact your friends, everywhere you visit on the internet, do as I have done, be open, it`s everything.
Sorry, Dave, but only a very foolish (or creepy) person suggests such a thing to a woman (or anyone, really). Putting all of your information onto the internet does not demonstrate courage and honesty... but if you want to claim or believe that, go ahead. :D "Lacewing" IS the name that people call me, I've never had a Facebook account, I only write to this forum, and everything I say here is as genuine and truthful as I know it to be. I can change my perspective about a person in an instant if they demonstrate new facets of themselves -- but they typically don't because they are revealing persistent truths about themselves (and if they're stuck) regardless of the words and projections they employ. I admit that I'm a bit feisty in poking at that. I honestly think that can shift for any of us at any moment though... so I don't take it that seriously. It's simply interesting to see what we create and maintain, and how that owns us.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6290
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:47 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
I am grateful for their friendship because I do n`t suffer, as the majority of adults likely unwittingly do on one level or another
What do you mean by this?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
Of course I do n`t buy them alcohol, I want them to follow my lead, and perhaps never have to concern themselves with growing old, that is my input, this is what I offer them - The diet, the exercise the mindset
So... your mindset... you appear to be under the influence of something (this was most apparent in your video)... is this true? I'm wondering if that's part of your wellness routine?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
I do n`t love this way, and I have helped many people.
Yes, I can imagine that you have: if a young person has nowhere to go, and no one that supports them, you might seem like a god to them. Is that part of the appeal for you? I don't believe it's all selfless on your part -- because you clearly crave satisfaction and popularity -- so what are you getting out of these relationships other than friendship and being a selfless hero? Is it the adoration?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
My New Year`s Resolution is to become a more significant entity on the internet, to try and blow my competition away
What would that mean to you? Do you desire fame?

I think it's reasonable for people here to be suspicious and concerned about your involvement with young people -- since surely we all care about young people. You enjoy being followed and desired (yes?)... and that could be a freaky trip for a young person to be involved in. If you're not exploiting them, you might be laying a path upon which they will be exploited by another. I remember what it's like being young and seeking something stable and impressive. I was very vulnerable and unable to distinguish between being used and being supported. If I was getting focused attention, I could imagine it to be whatever I wanted/needed -- even if it wasn't.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am
Yes, I would wish to be considered as an ambassador for young people
Even if you're maintaining boundaries, I wonder at the impact you may be having as you feed your own need. The inconsistency in the things you say could be drug-related, or due to delusion/dishonesty/deception, or a mental issue/injury. Whatever the reason, a lack of clarity will compromise whatever your good intentions are. Look at all the people in the world who think they're doing "good"... when they are actually screwing up all kinds of things for others -- and it's due to lack of clarity and their own intoxicated beliefs/desires. Subjecting young people to such a thing is tragic, because they are unable to have clarity when you don't. Your desires for attention, adoration, and/or fame naturally distort your clarity -- and you will most surely continually redefine "reality" to support and sustain that.

Can you want the true well-being of others more than what you desire for yourself?
I think it is relatively ignorant, well, for a philosophy forum, socially significantly naive, so actually, unreasonable. It is not caring that matters - The only measure is in what a person does or does not do. Is your door open to homeless young people, and if not will this be your resolution for the new year? There are degrees of caring, and degrees of doing, but if you only look for that black cat in that blackened out room, but which does n`t in reality exist, and keep insisting on finding it there/but if your mind cannot operate outside and beyond suspicion, not even when my virtual entire life is put up on the internet, and this even with us both being members of the same species, both communication and information are a lost cause. Such is the degree of this entrenched prejudice, likely now even well beyond the recognition of its own existence. I could write volumes on prejudice, and have done elsewhere, but beyond the back of that postage stamp, I`m not sure you`d wish to add anything to what you think you already know.

"Even if`I`m maintaining boundaries" = In your world it is virtually impossible to maintain boundaries. In my world it would be all over the internet and straight to my door should I do anything inappropriate, and this is the way it should be. my age, or the same age. Neither do I suffer your issues over self control. "Feed my own need" Your need is self evident, but there is no need in having a following, the need being back with those that follow, and the fact that I might make a good role model for young people is not a need of mine, it might however be needed by some of them. I have a need/a motivation to be successful, but that need is a positive one. We are discussing sweet nothings! "The dishonesty" etc line, that`s just a load of meaningless wishful thinking, it amounts to nothing in the rational world. There is no lack of clarity, there is more clarity likely even with any single public figure in the world today, for I`m affiliated to no bodies, have zero income, repeat and repeat again my philosophy all over the internet, and conceal nothing away. Name one single person with greater clarity of purpose, not just name them, but get the name right back in the real world.

Nobody is exactly screwing anything up for want of clarity, they might be screwing things up then exercising a cover up. I SHALL BE BRINGING GIRLS HERE/they may be bringing themselves, apparently, number entirely unknown, and no guarantee. YOU SHALL THEN, should they wish to respond, BE ABLE TO ASK THEM AS TO WHETHER I HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE. If it is the 18 year old girl presently living with me her information should be considered as good as it gets. My communications with you here are merely for those that follow, for prejudice cannot be repaired/intellect cannot replace it, it`s a disease state. Therefore, your communications will persist exactly the same no matter what I say, and no matter what my following and those living with me have to say. Prejudice is ignorant, and it only ever knows to win. Add jealousy and the situation becomes even more toxic. Obviously though, nobody ever concedes to jealousy.

God, you are jealous, so everybody that is successful in what they do, and they are all noticed, have some kind of warped notion of the reality of the world, according to you, or is that just me!!haha So, according to you, it is only a wholly negative exercise to advance in sport, thus to be noticed, to excel, and more especially so when one is older. To be honest I` cannot even follow what you are talking about, it`s that desperate to find fault.
So, according to you, it is only a negative thing that a number of young people in following my record attempts are given hope for their own later lives, are inspired, and wish to take up sport themselves? Your notions for reality are irrationally desperate. My videos are on Youtube because it is of potential benefit to people should they realise that it is possible to perform at this level at my age. I believe that I know why I can perform at this level at my age, but until such time as they are made aware of me, hence the videos, they wont be coming to me for the answer. The answer could eventually save the NHS a small fortune, and at the same time have many of us living far more productive lives.

Where I will agree with you is that, seemingly at least, almost a majority of people in the public domain are not what they purport to be, not quite at least. Bare in mind, money corrupts, many of those that go after money are already corrupted, and either way these folk cannot be trusted. The luck of being good at passing exams does not go hand in hand with integrity of character either, it often undermines it. Ii is only a hard life which builds character.

You too, reveal the truth, not the inconsistency, so begin not with a lie, but your real name, your Facebook, everything about yourself, your associations, I want to be able to contact your friends, everywhere you visit on the internet, do as I have done, be open, it`s everything. Make this your new resolution. In encouraging me to cover all of this ground you are showing me real world support.

On another thread it would be worth discussing the real world character traits and behavior of those men and women that do prey on children. The biggest risk area by far is with step fathers, uncles, and step brothers, so within the family. If they are young to mid teens be especially more attentive (virtually all ages are a potential problem) of those in their twenties and thirties. By my age they would almost definitely have a record, and likely have served time. Nobody suddenly becomes a problem in their fifties,sixties and seventies. They will work young people in order to instill trust, but you have to try and separate this group from those that are trusted because they are in reality a very safe place, so likely even safer than the average. Some young people do have very good instincts over such matters, others, absolutely shocking. It is up to us all to keep one eye on them. As a mature adult you should by now have developed an ability for distinction, but some of you will very obviously get it wrong some of the time. One definitive trait is that they are low key and secretive, the very opposite to what I have been doing here. If I were a problem my success rate would very likely be zero, everybody would know, and I`d face the next ten years inside. Just to communicate with them in public, only ever in a public place, one has not just to be trusting, one also has to be brave. In the ideal world we would all be trusted because none of us would have anything to hide. Another resolution might be in coming here with our real names.
Have you ever actually broken any world records? Those youngsters must have very little to occupy their lives or are they all lonely misfits? You sound as if you are exploiting their vulnerability. Typical that you claim this is all about US and OUR 'prejudices'. It's hardly 'prejudice' to be aware of the fact that the world is full of perverted predators. A man in his sixties on a dating site looking for 18-25 year olds (is that the youngest age grouping the site allows for?) is a bit of a warning sign to any normal person.

thedoc
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by thedoc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 pm

I believe it was George Burns who said "When I was young I liked young girls, I don't see why it should be any different now that I'm older".

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6290
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm

thedoc wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 pm
I believe it was George Burns who said "When I was young I liked young girls, I don't see why it should be any different now that I'm older".
Ten year old boys like ten year old girls. That's normal. If they still like them at seventy then there's a problem.

thedoc
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by thedoc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm
thedoc wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 pm
I believe it was George Burns who said "When I was young I liked young girls, I don't see why it should be any different now that I'm older".
Ten year old boys like ten year old girls. That's normal. If they still like them at seventy then there's a problem.
A problem for who, the young girl, the old man, or others who try to tell everyone else how to live.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests