Can My Children be Friends with White People?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opin ... trump.html

Here is a recent controversial article in the U.S. The author is a black professor of law. His op-ed raises several issues. What is true friendship? Is it possible between blacks and whites in the U.S. in view of our recent history of slavery? Should the parties seek to voluntarily separate and avoid contact?
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Re: Can My Children be Friends with White People?

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Professor Ekow N. Yankah is clearly a deeply racist liberal professor who pushed the race War the Democrats under Obama tried to enforce across the country as the means to creating controversy and preserve their control.

Obviously Whites and Blacks, and any race for that matter, can be friends, live together, marry, have children, serve together in the military, work in the workplace together. Some old racist curmudgeon like Professor Yankah doesn't get a say in the how or why of other people's friendships, if he can't make friends with people of different skin colors due to politically butt-hurt feelings, that is his problem. I live in a Trump stronghold, and we have plenty of mix marriages in my neighborhood, kids play with each other in the streets. The left absolutely can't accept this. Instead, the storyline must be because it is a red state, we have to be as racists as the university crowd says we are.

It is hardly a utopia here, lots of impoverishment, but we are apparently doing way, way better under Trump here in terms of racial intergration than with his community. I feel sorry for this man's white neighbors having to put up with his unwarranted seethering glances across the fence. No doubt all the white people avoid him, but not for the reasons he thinks, but because he is a annoying racist bastard. They now get to read this article and know not to ever let him borrow anything cause deep down inside, all he will see in them is the wrong skin color.

I'm not even gonna complicate this by calling it reverse racism, Professor Yankah qualifies for the old fashion term of "Old Racist Bastard". Proof is that article. Can we be certain that white students in his class don't face discrimination?

I'm tired of these little skin games and I don't care for the reasoning or defense of such things.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:... It is hardly a utopia here, lots of impoverishment, but we are apparently doing way, way better under Trump here in terms of racial intergration than with his community. ...
Wow! The Trumpette must be a genius! 300 days and he's solved race relations in Alaska. :lol:

Let me think, who was it who spent all his time tweeting that the former POTUS was not an American? Don't tell me, Obama's Birth certificate was fake news, bigly fake news, I say. Has he released his tax returns yet? That'll be a nice exercise in alternative facts.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

I'm a few thousand miles away from Alaska, and Alaska doesn't have much of a race relations issue. Sometimes the natives get drunk, or a drug gang flies up from Seattle and tried to get a footing on a weekend before cops close in, but outside of that, nothing. If you are black in Alaska, your ancestors choose to come, likely due to military. Same for whites. Wasn't a whole lot of domination going on, and military relations was generally good after being bought from Russia, as the Natives and Army had similar hobbies. Alaska is probably the most racially integrated society in the English speaking world.

But like I said, I'm not living anywhere near Alaska right now. But it is nice your listening to old stories I use with Trixie, that was a decade ago. I go places, lots of them. Here, there, everywhere.

Now back to the OP here, the subject of liberals being unwarranted racist bastards starting purely politically motivated race wars, because they have nothing else to run off on anymore. It is a political movement of hate.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: ... Alaska is probably the most racially integrated society in the English speaking world. ...
It sounds heaven but I think London council estates probably take this claim.
Now back to the OP here, the subject of liberals being unwarranted racist bastards starting purely politically motivated race wars, because they have nothing else to run off on anymore. It is a political movement of hate.
Like GWT I think you're talking about America and mistaking it for the rest of the world. Having said that, from what little I see of American politics many black 'politicians' do appear to harp on about it for their political gain.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

It's okay to be white.

https://youtu.be/oemFQLKtvx4
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What's the bottle-blond got to do with anything? Other than some Yank nonsense.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:23 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:... It is hardly a utopia here, lots of impoverishment, but we are apparently doing way, way better under Trump here in terms of racial intergration than with his community. ...
Wow! The Trumpette must be a genius! 300 days and he's solved race relations in Alaska. :lol:

Let me think, who was it who spent all his time tweeting that the former POTUS was not an American? Don't tell me, Obama's Birth certificate was fake news, bigly fake news, I say. Has he released his tax returns yet? That'll be a nice exercise in alternative facts.
I never thought that I would experience a hoax superior to Jean Shepherd's classic "I, Libertine affair. It seems unbeatable. How can so many "educated" people be conned into arguing about a book that doesn't exist. But that is human gullibility. Yet the Obama birth certificate hoax is even better. Just think: a person casting an educated vote is entitled to proof of a candidates eligibility. Seems simple enough. Yet when people wanted certified proof of Obama's natural born citizenship they were told they were unworthy of and too stupid to deserve proof of eligibility so were denied. The "educated" all agreed and swallowed that con hook, line, and sinker.. You can't beat that.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You're a fruitloop.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/b ... ficate.asp

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=obama ... 22&bih=698

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=142 ... 0KhKElMZ8g

It says a lot about race relations in America when it's first half-white president has his nationality questioned and has to prove to the pleb that he is an American even tho' the US mechanisms of state is designed to stop non-american born citizens from standing for POTUS or is Hawaii not really a state of the US?
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

You tell me, should it read the following? "May my children be friends with white peoples children?" Depends whether their parents are racist or not, ask them and you`ll have the answer. This is n`t philosophy though, and more interesting might have been the question as to whether they should, so whether there is a net gain. I`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 am I`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Obviously there is much to be gained for coloreds from having White friends: status, safety, prosperity, intelligence, culture and so on. The bigger question is why would a White person what a colored person as their friend?
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Should the parties seek to voluntarily separate and avoid contact?
A strange question, Tom! It's as if you hadn't understood the article you linked to in the OP. I take the desire on the part of most white people to seek separation from blacks and avoid contact to be a cause of the problems Yankah is identifying there. He doesn't seem to me to be proposing that as any solution, let alone the only solution.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 am I`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Obviously there is much to be gained for coloreds from having White friends: status, safety, prosperity, intelligence, culture and so on. The bigger question is why would a White person what a colored person as their friend?
Why would anyone want you as a friend?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pmI`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Seems like you need a lesson in friendship. Friendship isn't just about using people. Although, as far as using goes...