RWStanding

Right to Bear Arms

Post by RWStanding »

Right to Bear Arms
The 2nd Amendment to the USA Constitution does not say:
'The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.'
It is quite plainly qualified:
"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State."
A rational person might assume this means the arms being for Militia use and regulated by them.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah, this is why I rarely make appeals to the authority of the Constitution (and 2nd Amendment).

Not seein' any profit in allowing other folks to decide what I can own, or how I choose to defend myself.

My 'right' to bear arms extends solely from my own wherewithal.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:38 pm Yeah, this is why I rarely make appeals to the authority of the Constitution (and 2nd Amendment).

Not seein' any profit in allowing other folks to decide what I can own, or how I choose to defend myself.

My 'right' to bear arms extends solely from my own wherewithal.
Then that same 'right' applies to everyone, including homocidal psychopaths, the mentally unstable, kristians, Republicans, fundamentalist extreme homicidal muslims.......
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Yep...it even applies to you, Veg.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Right to Bear Arms

How very rational and sensible. The idea of gun laws is to keep everyone safe. It wouldn't matter if gun nuts only killed each other, but there are plenty of innocent sane people who are potential victims when there are no restrictions. It's not Govt. enforcing its views on you, it's society as a whole doing the sane thing--you are a member of society aren't you? Why don't you buy your own country and go and live in it alone with your gun collection? Bah! Your country is too far gone anyway. Gun restrictions would probably only makes things even worse.
I wouldn't trust me with a gun either 8)
henry quirk

Bah!

Post by henry quirk »

Indeed.
vegetariantaxidermy

As for 'freedom', you aren't the only person who wants that. What about the 'freedom' of people to go about their business without being killed by some nutter with an AK47? You are encroaching on their basic human rights and 'freedom'. But the whole US national mind-set is diseased and wrong. Look at Canada. I think they have pretty lenient gun laws but their gun-death rate per 100K is seven times lower than the US'. I haven't heard of any massacres there and I don't think their cops go around shooting innocent people. As much as you try, there is absolutely NO rational reason for ANYONE to want to own an assault rifle. It could only mean one thing; they are insane.
Greta

Post by Greta »

It is not enough to bear arms any more. People need to bear more arms. It is clear that people can no longer protect their families with mere semi automatic weapons. After all, if multiple criminals with machine guns try to harm your family then your one semi automatic is not much help unless you get pieces for the kids.

Therefore the regulations must not be tightened but relaxed. Americans need access to explosives. The regulations against the keeping of private bombs are ridiculous and they curtail civil liberties. Each American must have the right to keep as much explosive arsenal as is needed to keep them and their families safe from terrorists and other enemies with high tech weaponry.

Better still, repeal all laws and disband the police force. Why bother with police? They can't help until after the fact if you are being mugged or your family home robbed! Instead of wasting money on police, use the savings to help each American obtain all the machine guns, bombs and military grade machinery they need. It's laughable to think that in this dangerous world that families can be protected by a mere collection of loaded machine guns.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:55 pm It is not enough to bear arms any more. People need to bear more arms. It is clear that people can no longer protect their families with mere semi automatic weapons. After all, if multiple criminals with machine guns try to harm your family then your one semi automatic is not much help unless you get pieces for the kids.

Therefore the regulations must not be tightened but relaxed. Americans need access to explosives. The regulations against the keeping of private bombs are ridiculous and they curtail civil liberties. Each American must have the right to keep as much explosive arsenal as is needed to keep them and their families safe from terrorists and other enemies with high tech weaponry.

Better still, repeal all laws and disband the police force. Why bother with police? They can't help until after the fact if you are being mugged or your family home robbed! Instead of wasting money on police, use the savings to help each American obtain all the machine guns, bombs and military grade machinery they need. It's laughable to think that in this dangerous world that families can be protected by a mere collection of loaded machine guns.
:lol: And nuclear weapons. Every American family must be allowed to have an intercontinental ballistic missile with a nuclear warhead ('gotta get those commies before they get us') and a bazooka for every family member for neighbourhood use. It's a matter of FREEDOM!!
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

smokey needs a bazooka

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I own one gun (a Stoeger 12 gauge coach gun) which is a far cry from the 'arsenal' of 'assault rifes' every one cringes about.

And: I don't give a flip about 'freedom'...I care about my autonomy (responsible self-direction) and am impressed not at all by the angry demands I should think of the 'greater good'...I'm not the guy who shot up a concert, a school, a mall, a theatre, a campus...quite literally, I am innocent till proven guilty and won't be bulldogged into compromise or accommodation when I've done nuthin' wrong.
Greta

Post by Greta »

It's funny. Americans with one gun believe the lies that their guns will be taken away.

People can still legally own guns where they are regulated. The difference is that those with criminal records, mental illness or deemed a terrorist risk can't legally own them - and there is more red tape. http://time.com/4172274/what-its-like-t ... n-control/

So essentially millions of US gun owners are vehemently fighting against gun regulation because it would provide inconvenient red tape. Is red tape worth the pain of regular massacres?

But it's not about red tape, is it? Many of you have been grossly mislead by the NRA, who just give the impression that "they will take your guns away". The NRA are today heavily funded proxies for arms companies, who are spreading misinformation for commercial purposes and naive, poorly educated American shooters are falling for the lies hook, line and sinker.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 pm The NRA are today heavily funded proxies for arms companies, who are spreading misinformation for commercial purposes and naive, poorly educated American shooters are falling for the lies hook, line and sinker.
Well that says it all really. Arms companies are behind the wars too, and mysterious endless supplies of weapons to anyone they happen to be promoting as 'enemy number one' at any given time. They need a brain-washed and easily manipulated population of idiots.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PauloL

Post by PauloL »

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 pm

True.