Evil

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: Evil

Post by TSBU » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:41 pm

artisticsolution wrote:
TSBU wrote: No offense, but people are here to show that they know more, not to show anyone their truth, only to show (basically to themselves) that they are the smartest (or at least the rest are stupid), to show that they know more. They don't reall talk to each othe more than in the surface, they are here to play chess.
That's one way to look at it. Another way is to stop thinking so badly of others and give them the benefit of the doubt. Has it ever occurred to you that just maybe, they are smarter than us? And if that is the case, then wouldn't it stand to reason they would be terrible bored with this existence without a game of' chess' to play?
In my eyes, I usually give others what you call the benefit of the doubt.
Probably our definitions of "smart" are different, but of course, I've always thought the possibility of being wrong, that doesn't change the fact that I must guide my own actions, and sometimes, I may doubt, and othrs, I must act.
Reality has infinite ways of chalenging a mind, if the best way they see is to talk with people more stupid than them to show that they are smarter as the main reason, they are not very smart in my eyes.
I'm not saying that they are smarter...I am only asking you to suppose they are....and then to imagine what it would be like to have no one to talk to to engage your mind.
I can imagine that very well. I have the kind of personality who likes to search all the time in his insides and is usually obsesive with the goals, and there are plenty of things that I "need" to talk about and I don't have a person to do it. That's the reason why I'm here XD. It doesn't matter if I'm "smarter" or "more stupid", in the end, it is the same, if I don't have people to talk.
If that is the case, then your bitterness for them is this 'evil' you speak of manifesting itself in you. Maybe instead, you could have empathy for them instead of jealousy? Maybe you could have understanding instead of feeling harmed? Maybe...just maybe...their goal here is not to one up you...but rather to communicate the reasoning that goes on in their head. Maybe it is an attempt to know if someone...anyone...out there has gone farther in their thinking process than they have? Or at least have had a thought that they didn't think about?
If I feel jealousy for a person, I swear it would be strange to feel it thinking that the person is smarter than I. I've desired to be more stupid many times. And I don't feel harmed by people here... what make you think so? It's irony that you are saying all of this to me.
Could it be that when they argue with you, it is only to see if you might have a thought that hadn't occurred to them before? Not as a way to fight...but rather, as a way to learn?
No, it isn't. It isn't to learn, and it isn't to show. Of course, can doubt, I can even doubt if the sun is gong to be seen tomorrow.
Also, regarding your post where you said you want to destroy 'evil' ....what if you destroy "evil" and then find out (through science) that the person was not 'evil' but instead had a medical condition, that made him/her violent. What if in the future there is a cure for this condition? In that case, would you too need to seek medical attention for your disease of wanting to 'destroy' a fellow human with the same disease?
I don't see a big difference between a medical condition and a personality in this case, I would like to destroy it anyway. You said "destroy", not kill, and you said "evil", not "evil people". A way to desttroy evil would be to put a wall between you and the evil person, or to kill the person. I'm not a "not violence" saint, and I prefer to live with an evil person than living with an stupid person.
Just asking you to suppose. There is no more evidence of evil as there is for a disease of the brain that causes us to act out in an perceived 'evil' manner. Simply put...we just don't know what we don't know.
Find "the devil on Earth", then say the same to me:
I know that I don't agree (evil people usually lie) with everybody in who is evil, and I know that many twisted minds can even feel that they are doing right, I know that many people will see that in me. Ok, whatever you said, I would still want to protect myself and what I love, and feeling that I must delete evil.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3406
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Evil

Post by Lacewing » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 pm

artisticsolution to TSBU wrote: That's one way to look at it. Another way is to stop thinking so badly of others and give them the benefit of the doubt.
Great post.
TSBU wrote:if the best way they see is to talk with people more stupid than them to show that they are smarter as the main reason
But your interpretation of why people do what they do has been wrong. You're projecting your own head trip -- maybe because you see human behavior "darkly" (based on what you've said)? People may be doing what they do for reasons that you are not inclined to think of. But you attack based on why YOU THINK they're doing it. You cannot know that -- you're projecting.

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: Evil

Post by TSBU » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Lacewing wrote:
artisticsolution to TSBU wrote: That's one way to look at it. Another way is to stop thinking so badly of others and give them the benefit of the doubt.
Great post.
TSBU wrote:if the best way they see is to talk with people more stupid than them to show that they are smarter as the main reason
But your interpretation of why people do what they do has been wrong. You're projecting your own head trip -- maybe because you see human behavior "darkly" (based on what you've said)? People may be doing what they do for reasons that you are not inclined to think of. But you attack based on why YOU THINK they're doing it. You cannot know that -- you're projecting.
You may be more stubborn than me :O see? and then you ask why are you a good target, when you always come for more XD.

Your interpretation of my interpretation is wrong.

And your interpetation of the rest too, cause people are onions and you see nearly only the surface. People ARE nearly always, or always, "dark", and they are light too. But some people are enough crap to be destroyed.
And my models always serve me. It's strange if a person do something that give me a surprise.

Now, we are not equal, so all what I can really do is predict them. I'm not like you, I don't think that I can read other people's minds.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3406
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Evil

Post by Lacewing » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

TSBU wrote:I'm not like you, I don't think that I can read other people's minds
I don't think such a thing. But this is exactly what you're doing when you claim to know why people do what they do. Then you're being dishonest and projecting your own ideas and behavior onto other people.
TSBU wrote:when you always come for more
Believe me, I don't want any more of you. But I thought there was value in making some effort to reach even the tiniest bit of shared understanding with you. It's clearly pointless.

artisticsolution
Posts: 1934
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:38 am
Contact:

Re: Evil

Post by artisticsolution » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

This article agrees with you TSBU. But here's the thing...when you point at evil and say, "I must destroy you" you become the evil others wish to destroy....and so on and so on.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out...

Who would you want as a neighbor...someone like you...who may seek to 'destroy' you back... or someone like me, who it wouldn't even cross their minds to 'destroy' you in the first place?

Don't you see that , 'evil' is as 'evil' does? For you to be suspicious about everyone's motives makes you susceptible to 'evil' actions. If there is this so-called thing "evil" in your mind, then chances are it's the same suspicion in your enemies mind. Hitler had the same suspicious nature about the Jews. They were 'evil' to be destroyed.

The way I see it, is humankind will not be mentally healthy until we can fight these urge to have unkind thoughts about our fellow man. I think, it is a more rational thing to do.

Don't poke the bear. Yes, defend yourself if you are in immediate danger of losing your life, but don't whip the beehive up into a frenzy, egging them on to sting you so that you can 'heroically' destroy them!

If you do this you will see just how many people there are in the world who are NOT out to get you.

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: Evil

Post by TSBU » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Lacewing wrote:
TSBU wrote:I'm not like you, I don't think that I can read other people's minds
I don't think such a thing. But this is exactly what you're doing when you claim to know why people do what they do. Then you're being dishonest and projecting your own ideas and behavior onto other people.
Not in the surface, if you want. You feel it. Desperately. And you show it in every post XD.
TSBU wrote:when you always come for more
Lacewing wrote:Believe me, I don't want any more of you. But I thought there was value in making some effort to reach even the tiniest bit of shared understanding with you. It's clearly pointless.
I believe you, all you want me is to say "you are right" (like many other people), and I'm going to put a post answering to yours, every time you put a silly thing to a person, cause you searched for it :)
Last edited by TSBU on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BradburyPound
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:45 am

Re: Evil

Post by BradburyPound » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Chills the blood to read this stuff...
"...they know that abortion and socialism are evil, that Jesus Christ is our savior, and that Donald J. Trump will be good for America...."

Contrasts this:
What has socialism ever done for us.....
"... Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised...."

http://www.gbpotus.com/single-post/2017 ... Republican


So where is the "evil"?

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: Evil

Post by TSBU » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

artisticsolution wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

This article agrees with you TSBU. But here's the thing...when you point at evil and say, "I must destroy you" you become the evil others wish to destroy....and so on and so on.
I'm not going to read that article. And I know, I know, but I enjoy fighting :)
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out...

Who would you want as a neighbor...someone like you...who may seek to 'destroy' you back... or someone like me, who it wouldn't even cross their minds to 'destroy' you in the first place?
If I find myself, I won't destroy me XD. It depends on the person, and I don't like to have many neightbours. But a thieve and a murderer for money and a drug dealre who sell drug to children, would probably prefer to live with you.
Don't you see that , 'evil' is as 'evil' does? For you to be suspicious about everyone's motives makes you susceptible to 'evil' actions. If there is this so-called thing "evil" in your mind, then chances are it's the same suspicion in your enemies mind. Hitler had the same suspicious nature about the Jews. They were 'evil' to be destroyed.
Blablabla. You are saying repated toppics that you haven't thought. Look, I've said this other times in this forum: I don't fear evil people, I fear stupid people. And, if we talk about "monsters", I may have one inside me. And Hitler was a lier XD Oh shiiiiiiiit, Oh my goooooosh. Godwin law here now!
The way I see it, is humankind will not be mentally healthy until we can fight these urge to have unkind thoughts about our fellow man. I think, it is a more rational thing to do.
Humankind won't ever be "mentally healthy", so don't worry about it.
Don't poke the bear. Yes, defend yourself if you are in immediate danger of losing your life, but don't whip the beehive up into a frenzy, egging them on to sting you so that you can 'heroically' destroy them!
If you think I'm a problem, try to stop me. With hugs.
If you do this you will see just how many people there are in the world who are NOT out to get you.
No one is there to get me XD. But you can't understand me :c

Pluto
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Evil

Post by Pluto » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Evil is live backwards. Life is evil in that it creates creatures so finely tuned that they are able to see it as such. With evil you need it in order to appreciate its opposite, is the old saying

artisticsolution
Posts: 1934
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:38 am
Contact:

Re: Evil

Post by artisticsolution » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:44 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

Why would you not read that article? I don't get it?

My mom is the same way...she told me the other day she never listened to one of Obama's speeches. She said she hated him so much that she turns off the TV whenever he comes on.

This is very odd to me. How can one possibly know if they hate someone if they've never hear their ideas?

I remember once someone told me that one of the most important things about making an argument is to know both sides backward and forward in order to make an intelligent case.

This is the problem I see some Republicans make ...they have no clue of the 'liberal agenda' . A person is primed and ready to be brainwashed when they don't take time to get all the facts instead being spoon fed propaganda.

Actually...the article is no biggie...I just thought it was interesting that this Republican guy pinpointed the difference he saw in Dems vs. Repubs. He said the difference is that repubs tend to see people as being born bad and having to be taught to be good, and Dems think people are basically good.

I think he had a good point about that. Maybe that's the difference.

Anyway...that's all the article was about...really no biggie.

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: Evil

Post by TSBU » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am

artisticsolution wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

Why would you not read that article? I don't get it?
It's about politics. And it's from another country, and it talks about millions of people and their choices, without knowing them.
My mom is the same way...she told me the other day she never listened to one of Obama's speeches. She said she hated him so much that she turns off the TV whenever he comes on.
If you are worried about my "rightness" or "leftness"... you are wrong again. I don't like any politician XD.
This is very odd to me. How can one possibly know if they hate someone if they've never hear their ideas?
Well, she knows his "job", and she knows part of what he does. Actions are what make us know people, what they say are their "ideas" isn't very important. (it is important only to know their future actions).
I remember once someone told me that one of the most important things about making an argument is to know both sides backward and forward in order to make an intelligent case.

This is the problem I see some Republicans make ...they have no clue of the 'liberal agenda' . A person is primed and ready to be brainwashed when they don't take time to get all the facts instead being spoon fed propaganda.

Actually...the article is no biggie...I just thought it was interesting that this Republican guy pinpointed the difference he saw in Dems vs. Repubs. He said the difference is that repubs tend to see people as being born bad and having to be taught to be good, and Dems think people are basically good.

I think he had a good point about that. Maybe that's the difference.

Anyway...that's all the article was about...really no biggie.
Ok.

Well, I don't want to be very rude, since you look like a kind person, but I think this topic has gone too far. Have a nice day, it's always a good day to learn something new. Let see us in another thread.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests