Evil

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Evil

Post by Greta »

To believe in evil is superstitious thinking.

Destruction is fine - and necessary - as long as it doesn't happen to anything or anyone that you and yours value. If it does, then it may be termed "evil".
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

TSBU wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
TSBU wrote: That's the definition. I don't see it stupid :/
And it exist, of course XD.
Of course, there are people who kill and harm indiscriminately or nearly indiscriminately too, and people who say that everyone who kill is evil :(
Even when they are fair...
Where does is 'exist'? It exists for me only as a useful adjective to describe particularly vile human beings.
Like blue, big, small, "100 meters tall", "like a house" (or house), etc. It exist in the things that fit with the adjective. Even the word "existence" has many meanings.
Ridiculous comparisons. How do you see 'angry' or 'nice'? You can only 'see' them when they are manifested, and even then it depends on the observer.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

TSBU wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Where does is 'exist'? It exists for me only as a useful adjective to describe particularly vile human beings.
Like blue, big, small, "100 meters tall", "like a house" (or house), etc. It exist in the things that fit with the adjective. Even the word "existence" has many meanings.
Ridiculous comparisons. How do you see 'angry' or 'nice'? You can only 'see' them when they are manifested, and even then it depends on the observer.
Everything depends on the observer, like "small", "big" (no need for an explanation) "like a house" (either) blue (either, and daltonism) and "100 meters tall", yep, in that it's more difficult to find a different opinion, but I can grant you that I'll find one if you say that something is that tall, no matter how many proofs you put, and anyway, it will be always an aproximation and a simplification, there are going to be always micrometers... wait... you use that strange... micro...feets? XD
Angry and nice are things that are seen in that "law" "system" that nearly everybody like.
So, I've found black souls, darker than black, there are people who only want to see this world burning, there are sadists (and that's not so difficult to find isn't it?) etc. So, for the common uses of the word "evil", it exist.
vegetariantaxidermy

TSBU wrote:
TSBU wrote: Like blue, big, small, "100 meters tall", "like a house" (or house), etc. It exist in the things that fit with the adjective. Even the word "existence" has many meanings.
Everything depends on the observer, like "small", "big" (no need for an explanation) "like a house" (either) blue (either, and daltonism) and "100 meters tall", yep, in that it's more difficult to find a different opinion, but I can grant you that I'll find one if you say that something is that tall, no matter how many proofs you put, and anyway, it will be always an aproximation and a simplification, there are going to be always micrometers... wait... you use that strange... micro...feets? XD
Angry and nice are things that are seen in that "law" "system" that nearly everybody like.
So, I've found black souls, darker than black, there are people who only want to see this world burning, there are sadists (and that's not so difficult to find isn't it?) etc. So, for the common uses of the word "evil", it exist.
What do you mean 'it exist'? Where??
Greta

Post by Greta »

TSBU wrote:So, I've found black souls, darker than black, there are people who only want to see this world burning, there are sadists (and that's not so difficult to find isn't it?) etc. So, for the common uses of the word "evil", it exist.
So what? Some people are utterly delightful, competent and kind too. Some volcanoes and asteroids are more damaging than others, others perhaps seed life on planets. One happens accidentally, the other on purpose, but the result in more or less the same.

Not every being can be equally as peacefully inclined. Probabilities suggest that some people will be exceptionally "good" and others exceptionally "bad", and if studies were done then the degree of people's destructiveness would probably plot on a Bell Curve, with the outliers being in the minority.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

TSBU wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Ridiculous comparisons. How do you see 'angry' or 'nice'? You can only 'see' them when they are manifested, and even then it depends on the observer.
In... the people I've found? Like the color red in the tomatoes?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Greta wrote:
TSBU wrote:So, I've found black souls, darker than black, there are people who only want to see this world burning, there are sadists (and that's not so difficult to find isn't it?) etc. So, for the common uses of the word "evil", it exist.
So what? Some people are utterly delightful, competent and kind too. Some volcanoes and asteroids are more damaging than others, others perhaps seed life on planets. One happens accidentally, the other on purpose, but the result in more or less the same.

Not every being can be equally as peacefully inclined. Probabilities suggest that some people will be exceptionally "good" and others exceptionally "bad", and if studies were done then the degree of people's destructiveness would probably plot on a Bell Curve, with the outliers being in the minority.
So what what? It exist, the end, I'm not saing any more or less than that, there is not a "so... ".

You don't see volcanos as people, don't you? they are quite different, people have legs!
Peacefull is VERY different to evil. There are evil people who avoid phisical violence always... most of them.
Probability says nothing about reality, do you understand statistics and probability? Of course, the extremes are by definition the extremes, that doesn't change the fact they are usually the ones who change everything to the rest. Wait, I'll do it like you: there is a curve... so what? I'll keep saying that it exist, evidently (and not caused by probability, nothing is caused by probabiity), and I'll keep sying it's bad, it's evil, and liking to delete it from my life (were the curve has less than 7 billion people, and I can move it). I know that the common humans don't give a shit, like they don't give a shit about many things. So, let's everybody enjoy what they looked for as long as they don't keep in my way.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

TSBU wrote: In... the people I've found? Like the color red in the tomatoes?
What about yellow tomatoes, would you say they are evil?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Harbal wrote:
What about yellow tomatoes, would you say they are evil?
Every tomatoe is bad, except the blue ones made with transgenics that contains... I don't know how to say it in english, medicine. Those are nice guys.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

TSBU wrote: I don't know how to say it in english,
That doesn't usually stop you from trying. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

TSBU wrote:
TSBU wrote: Everything depends on the observer, like "small", "big" (no need for an explanation) "like a house" (either) blue (either, and daltonism) and "100 meters tall", yep, in that it's more difficult to find a different opinion, but I can grant you that I'll find one if you say that something is that tall, no matter how many proofs you put, and anyway, it will be always an aproximation and a simplification, there are going to be always micrometers... wait... you use that strange... micro...feets? XD
And what does this 'evil' look like? A person?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Harbal wrote:
TSBU wrote: I don't know how to say it in english,
That doesn't usually stop you from trying. :wink:
vacuum? XD
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

TSBU wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: What do you mean 'it exist'? Where??
And what does this 'evil' look like? A person?
Some people look like that, other people don't...
I'm not seeing the point in this XD.
Evil is a word with many different concepts attached by many different people, agree, so many of them, that the meaning is vague, it's like saying "love". But, like love, it's a word that exist in every part of the world with no many differences, so we usually can understand what is evil. I don't want to start a whole conversation about what exactly do I consider evil, if I do it, (the same if I do it with "house") we'll get to a point where my definition is different, but it's similar enough to share a word.
So, what do "beauty" looks like? But it exist, certeanly, you can understand when a person talk about beauty, and you can understand it when a person talk about evil. You can say that you have to do "Jaque mate" to win chess, but you can't explain all the moves...
See? I don't see the point, so I'm going to language philosophy XD.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Tomatoes are red. But they don't have redness in them as a a thing.
People who do evil shit exist, but they don't have evilness in them as a thing either.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Tomatoes are red. But they don't have redness in them as a a thing.
People who do evil shit exist, but they don't have evilness in them as a thing either.
Things like a house exist, but they don't have houseness in them as a thing.
And evil people is evil to the core, not in the surface.