[Questioning Everything]

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mystical_universe

[Questioning Everything]

Post by mystical_universe »

[Questioning Everything]

Does the universe itself really exist ?,
or do we humans simply mistake it for something else?
We observe and define everything according to what we feel,think and see,
which all takes place inside our bodies,
so as far as we know we could be Living a fictional Scenario in a fictional world that makes us process, observe and Define all of its information and all its Components,
its at this point we start to develop our own Personalized illusion,
we blindly and willingly Accept the world and the universe as the way we see and experience it,
when we blindly trust and believe everything that happens to us we convince ourselves that what we see,feel, & taste must be Real because we are able to experience it, we become totally Ignorant when we Start to stop Questioning our existence and all of its concepts ,
The way we think, Define & rationalize is predicated on our general idea we take in from life, so the most important thing for us to be able to do is always keep an open mind, even if all the signs and feelings tell us otherwise, we base our general idea and understanding of life on feelings we associate with certain aspects of life, it is this phenomena that causes us to blindly follow our own written paths and mistake a fake Reality With that of the real one,
which leaves us forever trapped in the web of our ignorance,
the best way of avoiding a fictional Reality is trying to rationalize and think outside our bodies, Speculate about life the universe and our existence without the presence of emotions,feelings, or any other Possible Corruptive essentials what so ever, when we are able to think, act, and speculate completely Neutral, We eliminate all factors of Misguidance, Corruption, and the possibility of misleading thoughts and ideas getting contaminated by the inspirational effect our feelings and emotions have on our Mental state,
when we operate Completely neutral we operate on our basic instincts, our intelligence and our rationalization,
It is by far the best possible way to try and make sense of our universe and our existence in it.
TSBU

Re: [Questioning Everything]

Post by TSBU »

yes
yes
so as far as we know we could be Living a fictional Scenario in a fictional world that makes us process, observe and Define all of its information and all its Components,
yes
no
we blindly and willingly Accept the world and the universe as the way we see and experience it,
no
when we blindly trust and believe everything that happens to us we convince ourselves that what we see,feel, & taste must be Real because we are able to experience it,
no
we become totally Ignorant when we Start to stop Questioning our existence and all of its concepts ,
We become totally ignorant when we end questioning, no when we start.
The way we think, Define & rationalize is predicated on our general idea we take in from life, so the most important thing for us to be able to do is always keep an open mind, even if all the signs and feelings tell us otherwise,
no
we base our general idea and understanding of life on feelings we associate with certain aspects of life, it is this phenomena that causes us to blindly follow our own written paths and mistake a fake Reality With that of the real one,
blablubli
the best way of avoiding a fictional Reality is trying to rationalize and think outside our bodies, Speculate about life the universe and our existence without the presence of emotions,feelings, or any other Possible Corruptive essentials what so ever, when we are able to think, act, and speculate completely Neutral, We eliminate all factors of Misguidance, Corruption, and the possibility of misleading thoughts and ideas getting contaminated by the inspirational effect our feelings and emotions have on our Mental state,
no
when we operate Completely neutral we operate on our basic instincts, our intelligence and our rationalization,
It is by far the best possible way to try and make sense of our universe and our existence in it.
blablubli
ken

Post by ken »

mystical_universe wrote:[Questioning Everything]

when we blindly trust and believe everything that happens to us we convince ourselves that what we see,feel, & taste must be Real because we are able to experience it, we become totally Ignorant when we Start to stop Questioning our existence and all of its concepts ,
The way we think, Define & rationalize is predicated on our general idea we take in from life, so the most important thing for us to be able to do is always keep an open mind, even if all the signs and feelings tell us otherwise, we base our general idea and understanding of life on feelings we associate with certain aspects of life, it is this phenomena that causes us to blindly follow our own written paths and mistake a fake Reality With that of the real one,
That is exactly right. And if and when you follow your own advice yourself, then you will obtain ALL the answers.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: That's gotta be in the UK.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

mystical_universe wrote:[Questioning Everything]...
I like your post. One of my favorite things to do is question everything that we think we know, and I often try to point out how much stuff we "make up" AND how intoxicated we get by what we make up. Not that I think there's anything else in particular that we're supposed to be doing... BUT, I just want to see it for what it is. Being more conscious about my role and creations, you know?

For perspective, I compare who we think we are to what we thought as children. Why do we think that our perspective now is any more real than the most intuitive and freshly open-minded awareness we had when we were young? Why is being a convoluted adult more significant or true? I don't think it is. I think it's actually delusional. Children don't need a god... why is that? Adults TELL children they need a god (because the adults need a god). I remember the sense I had as a child of everything being magnificent and connected... and I belonged to it! There was no question! It was the adult egos and fears that were wreaking havoc on all that was naturally in harmony. Now I've learned to play the adult game too, but I'm choosing to remember the magnificent sweetness that connects all, somewhere below the level of all the noise.

People who don't question everything, and would rather bombard others with the small, rigid views they've crafted to serve themselves, aren't really doing anyone any favors. It's just the viral spreading of fabrications. I don't think truth has rules. I think it's wide open and changeable... and that's probably why so many adults are scared into concocting one rigidly-known reality or another that their ego can identify with. They don't have the courage and loving acceptance NOT TO obscure it. 8)
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmclVLzidLw
Spanish song about universal love, happiness and acceptance <3
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote:Children don't need a god... why is that?
Is it because they already have a god?

To a wide-eyed, open and accepting child is not the ones who show them true love and care for them the most, the only God they need, and want?

In the eyes of a child, adults are God, right? If that is correct, then the only thing a child needs is a truly loving and caring adult (or God like figure) like that, right?

A truly loving and caring adult does not teach a child that they need some thing else. A truly loving and caring adult teaches children that all children need is loving and caring adults around them. Adults teach this by being loving and caring adults for ALL children, so that ALL children learn to be loving and caring, God like, adults for their children, and so on.

Human children do not some mystical creature. Human children need loving and caring human adults, so that they learn from experience on how to grow up to be loving and caring adults for their children.

Apologies lacewing for going from questioning to expressing what i think i know and pointing out the stuff i seem to "make up" but every time i have questioned this before i always end up back to this "stuff", which is what i think we are "supposed" to be doing.

Obviously if i have thought i have questioned everything and have missed some thing, then fresh eyes are needed to look at what i think i know, and then a new line of questioning can be formed. Although this is what i think i know is right I am still very much open to be questioned further, and as some already know I love to be questioned because I love to learn. And, I can only learn more from a new line of questioning.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

ken wrote:
When I was a child, there was no idea of anything as a "god". I just felt that I belonged in the universe, even though the adults seemed dangerous to be around. I could tell they didn't know what they were doing... so I didn't see them as gods. When my mother and her new boyfriend introduced me to the idea of church and god, it seemed like just another strange thing that adults were doing.
ken wrote:To a wide-eyed, open and accepting child is not the ones who show them true love and care for them the most, the only God they need, and want? In the eyes of a child, adults are God, right?
Maybe for some. But I'm guessing there are a lot of kids who have felt like me, and didn't think that. I felt love and care from something built-in, that connected me with the rest of life. That's what got me through. Some kids might not have that either. Still... that was not a god to me. There was nothing "separate"... there were only people thinking and behaving as if they were separate.

I don't know about the rest of what you say in your post, Ken... as it might be your own experience of what is true. The problem can come when we try to apply our own experience onto some ultimate template of truth for all, right? There are so many variations. This is why I cannot agree with the way theism is typically superimposed over all else. It is not truth for a lot of people. There is so much more than any particular theism. I wish particularized theists could accept/acknowledge that, but I realize that would go against their whole particular theist foundation/identity of "having THE ultimate answer/truth that applies to all". It just seems so absurd to believe.

I consider the vastness of the universe and think: How could there possibly only be one appropriate way to do or perceive ANYTHING??? Our efforts to pin down specific answers/views seem only for our own temporary stabilizing comfort... because otherwise, our obsession with limited conclusions doesn't truthfully represent the potential of a seemingly limitless universe that we only perceive a tiny fraction of (if even that).
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote:
ken wrote:
When I was a child, there was no idea of anything as a "god". I just felt that I belonged in the universe, even though the adults seemed dangerous to be around. I could tell they didn't know what they were doing... so I didn't see them as gods. When my mother and her new boyfriend introduced me to the idea of church and god, it seemed like just another strange thing that adults were doing.
There was no idea of a "god" because like all human ideas that is just what they are, a human made up idea.

That feeling of belonging in the Universe was and obviously is all you really needed. The feeling of not belonging is probably what leads most people to follow ridiculous and mystical things.
Lacewing wrote:
ken wrote:To a wide-eyed, open and accepting child is not the ones who show them true love and care for them the most, the only God they need, and want? In the eyes of a child, adults are God, right?
Maybe for some. But I'm guessing there are a lot of kids who have felt like me, and didn't think that.
I, as a child, like you never felt that nor thought that also. In fact i wished i was never born at all because of my "mother". But as an adult I can see within children who are loved and cared for by an adult that they want to listen to every word of that adult and follow that adult like they are a "God". In those children eyes who have had that experience I have seen that they want to and will worship those loving and caring adults like a "God". Those children see them as "God" like. (Remembering that the word 'God' as never really been defined successfully yet by human beings).

When I wrote, "... wide-eyed, open and accepting child..." I was meaning a very, very young child. A new born human child is open and ready to be accepted, loved, and cared for, but if that never eventuates, then they will certain not look at the meant to be care givers as any such god at all. Only the children who want to and do consciously follow in the footsteps of their parents/care givers see them as "God" like.
Lacewing wrote: I felt love and care from something built-in, that connected me with the rest of life. That's what got me through. Some kids might not have that either. Still... that was not a god to me. There was nothing "separate"... there were only people thinking and behaving as if they were separate.
That thing from within was also the only thing that got me "through" as a child. That connection you felt, to Me, sort of and partly explains what God actually is. My upbringing and the interpretations taught to me through any religious teachings only ever taught me to NOT believe in any such thing as a god. But it was from within that I felt a belonging to some thing, of which I had no clue what it was. Also from that thing within I was told and taught that I was an equal with all and every thing. I learned that no thing was better nor worse than me.
Lacewing wrote:I don't know about the rest of what you say in your post, Ken... as it might be your own experience of what is true. The problem can come when we try to apply our own experience onto some ultimate template of truth for all, right? There are so many variations.
Exactly right. But only by the sharing of ALL of these experiences can we find the ones that we also experienced, and thus shared. It is through those commonly shared experiences that common sense will prevail and show us all what is actually right in life. To believe that one individual has the ultimate truth is a delusion to the utmost. But to only think that one has the ultimate truth and wants to share that knowledge in order to find out if what they think is actually true or right is actually true and right is another thing. The only way a human being can know if what they think is right is to share that knowledge with others so that they can shone more light on the subject and give more insight into it.
Lacewing wrote: This is why I cannot agree with the way theism is typically superimposed over all else.
I do not see that theism is. I learned from a early age that what is taught as being right can be so terribly and horribly wrong. I just see people trying to superimpose things over other things but I do not see it actually happen. I can try to expose where this happens and show why it happens but I can not make people listen.
Lacewing wrote: It is not truth for a lot of people.
Of course not, but that is not to say there is not Truth in it. It is just the way it is interpreted and taught that is what is not truthful about it.
Lacewing wrote: There is so much more than any particular theism. I wish particularized theists could accept/acknowledge that, but I realize that would go against their whole particular theist foundation/identity of "having THE ultimate answer/truth that applies to all". It just seems so absurd to believe.
To Me, to believe (in) any thing is absurd.

This is not a complaint but just a comment. What I have notice between us with our chats is that you have a very dislike to the point of hatred of being forced to listen to and believe in any thing that you do not want to listen to and nor believe in. You appear to hate any thing that comes across as an ultimate truth that must be listened and adhered to. This is totally understandable and this dislike probably goes for every human being, but your dislike for this is so much, that you think that whatever another is saying could be them trying to force you to listen to it as though it is being passed on as the ultimate truth. What I try to express is not what I say is the ultimate truth but rather only what I think is right, which could in fact be totally wrong. I do NOT know the ultimate Truth and because I want to remain truly open to finding It, if It exists, then I want to be informed when what I say is wrong, and explained why it is wrong so that I can continue learning more and more.

The level of fear of being indoctrinated and the hatred of being forced to listen to what is obviously wrong is obviously due to your past experiences but do not let this stop you from being open to what may just be possible. If, and when, I use any words or texts familiar with religion they are certainly not used in the context or what is perceived within and taught within religious teachings.

The only thing that I would say is 'the ultimate answer or Truth that applies to all' IS that what we ALL agree with and accept as being the ultimate answer or Truth. However, even this Truth, as I continually say, has to also NOT be believed in but rather we all be and remain open to, just because a further or more ultimate answer or Truth may or will come along.
Lacewing wrote:I consider the vastness of the universe and think: How could there possibly only be one appropriate way to do or perceive ANYTHING???
Do you think that as a truly opened question looking for an answer, or do you just think that and believe there could be no answer for it?

For example, surely you do not think that abusing children is an appropriate way?

Now, if you think that loving and caring for children instead of abusing them is an appropriate way, and, every other human being thinks that exact same way is the one appropriate way to do some thing, that is, to raise children better or more appropriately, then that way of finding and discovering this agreement is HOW there could possibly be one appropriate way to do or perceive ANYTHING. The finding of or discovering of the way that does allow all human beings to find agreement might just be one appropriate way to do or perceive ANYTHING.

The way in which we find out what it is that we are ALL in agreement with might just be the appropriate way to do and perceive any thing.

The only way, that I know of, anyway, to find out what it is that we all agree with is to share our thoughts or perceptions and instead of ridiculing or dismissing them we openly and honestly discuss them and share own own thoughts and perceptions back in a peaceful and constructive way until agreement is reached. Discussing anything KNOWING that there are just as many differing thoughts and perceptions as there are human beings in the world, and knowing that they are all different because of all the differing past experiences each human being has been exposed to will help in the way to discover 'what it is' that we ALL are in agreement with.

By the way if there is only one way that absolutely every human being is in agreement with that is the only one appropriate way to do ANYTHING, then that way must be the only one way. For the time being anyway until a more appropriate way is discovered. By the way I think it is obvious that the only appropriate way to perceive anything is the one and only way that happens now. That way is through the many different ways as there are human beings. The ONLY way to perceive anything is the way YOU perceive it, and the way YOU perceive anything is the way you have learned, which has come from your very own personal past experiences. What you have been exposed to up to now teaches you how to perceive ANYTHING.

Our efforts to pin down specific answers/views seem only for our own temporary stabilizing comfort... because otherwise, our obsession with limited conclusions doesn't truthfully represent the potential of a seemingly limitless universe that we only perceive a tiny fraction of (if even that).[/quote]

The only conclusion I have arrived at is to remain completely open always, because if for example the Universe is limitless, then I will never discover nor learn and know this if I believe otherwise.

I certainly do not have any limited conclusions because I know just how very debilitating this is to human beings and for the human race.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

ken wrote:That feeling of belonging in the Universe was and obviously is all you really needed. The feeling of not belonging is probably what leads most people to follow ridiculous and mystical things.
Makes sense to me.
ken wrote:Also from that thing within I was told and taught that I was an equal with all and every thing. I learned that no thing was better nor worse than me.
Me too. And I remember this even when I'm pointing out that someone is saying something absurd. :)
ken wrote:What I have notice between us with our chats is that you have a very dislike to the point of hatred of being forced to listen to and believe in any thing that you do not want to listen to and nor believe in.
Wow, Ken... you’ve evidently read more into it than what’s there. I passionately make points here -- I’m usually laughing -- and I listen to all kinds of things with an open-mind. It’s not like most of us haven’t already heard much of this stuff before... so we don't need to labor through every detail each time it comes up.
ken wrote:your dislike for this is so much, that you think that whatever another is saying could be them trying to force you to listen to it as though it is being passed on as the ultimate truth.
No, Ken... I simply notice when people’s words seem to show that they are assigning a “bigger” truth for their ideas, than it simply being “their own truth”. It is very natural for people to want to “know and/or possess truth” AND to apply that beyond their own mind. It happens all the time... and everyone does it... and sometimes I feel it's useful to comment on it. I don't know why you're turning it into more than that.
ken wrote: do not let this stop you from being open to what may just be possible
It's hard for me to imagine that you know so little accurately about me, that you feel you need to tell me this.

When you incorrectly analyze me like this, Ken, I don’t want to spend my time trying to show/convince you otherwise. I think if you’re that confused by my energy/communication, even after all I write, then you’re simply not going to understand me... and I’m sorry about that. I am not what you seem to be speaking to/about. So please stop making assumptions about what I think or feel. You’re wrong. And if you were hanging out with me in person, I'm sure you would see that immediately.
ken wrote:
Lacewing wrote:I consider the vastness of the universe and think: How could there possibly only be one appropriate way to do or perceive ANYTHING???
if there is only one way that absolutely every human being is in agreement with that is the only one appropriate way to do ANYTHING, then that way must be the only one way.
I don’t think it’s logical or realistic that in a diverse universe, everyone can or would want to agree on one way. There are endless scenarios and characteristics for everything and every human. And it keeps organically evolving and shifting. That’s what makes it all so magnificent. What else would infinite creative energy do with itself? An ever-expanding adventure!
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote:
ken wrote: do not let this stop you from being open to what may just be possible
It's hard for me to imagine that you know so little accurately about me, that you feel you need to tell me this.

When you incorrectly analyze me like this, Ken, I don’t want to spend my time trying to show/convince you otherwise.
You do not have to spend any more time, to show me, other than the time it takes to write, "You are wrong".
Lacewing wrote:I think if you’re that confused by my energy/communication, even after all I write, then you’re simply not going to understand me... and I’m sorry about that. I am not what you seem to be speaking to/about. So please stop making assumptions about what I think or feel. You’re wrong. And if you were hanging out with me in person, I'm sure you would see that immediately.
I can and do easily accept that I am wrong here. The only thing I can be sure of in this Universe is the thoughts and feelings within this body, every thing else is just a perception, which could be right or wrong. I do not know if my perception is right or wrong till I express it openly and honestly, and I get a response. I accept that I am totally wrong.

I can only make guesses about the thoughts and feelings within other bodies, and the experiences those bodies have had. If I am wrong, then so be it. I have been wrong about this stuff plenty of times before. But I do not know if I am wrong or not until I am told either way. I have to express my thoughts first before I can find out if they are wrong or not. I could not nor would not ever disagree with what another says are the thoughts and the feelings within that body.

By the way if I were hanging out with you in person, then I am sure I would see things differently and my perception would change immediately.

Maybe I worded what I was trying to say completely inaccurately. I will try again after your next quote.
Lacewing wrote:
ken wrote:
if there is only one way that absolutely every human being is in agreement with that is the only one appropriate way to do ANYTHING, then that way must be the only one way.
I don’t think it’s logical or realistic that in a diverse universe, everyone can or would want to agree on one way. There are endless scenarios and characteristics for everything and every human. And it keeps organically evolving and shifting. That’s what makes it all so magnificent. What else would infinite creative energy do with itself? An ever-expanding adventure!
Throughout our discussions I have noticed that you have a strong belief that coming together and finding a unified agreement on one way that could show us all and lead us all to an ultimate answer/truth is not possible. Is this correct?

I agree with you wholeheartedly that no one wants to agree on one way, because as it appears now every adult human being thinks or beliefs their way is the best and/or the only way. But there are totally acceptable and understandable reasons why this phenomena happens.

But what I think is possible is everyone could agree on a way. This 'could' would of course rely on that way being shown in a truly logical and realistic way so that everyone could agree with it and accept it as a way.

This is all of course done on the proviso that, for the moment or time being, it is only one way in which we ALL just happening to be agreeing with and we ALL should and will remain open, just in case another better way comes to light, which we could also ALL agree with.

Let us just say one way just happens to be found, agreed upon and accepted by everyone, which by the way, came from or evolved through an infinite creative energy because we both know with that type of energy absolutely anything is possible, anyhow I digress, we all happen to be in agreement on one way, but that is only for the time being. That time might only last a decade or two, or a year or two, or less. Due to the organic evolving and shifting nature of infiniteness and limitless we both know all things will evolve and change. But this coming to agreement in a truly unified way, for the better of all of us, might just be the next evolving step and way for human beings.

Just maybe after learning how to come together as One, and work together as One, instead of only working individually or selectively, this might only be just the beginning of a completely new way of looking at and seeing things, more like how a truly infinite creative being would see things. This evolutionary leap might just be the next step and shift for human beings, in truly opening up their full potential in the ever-expanding adventure called Life? The further opening up of this potential is only just another evolutionary stage in the ever shifting changing life of human beings. The actual and real step forward is witnessing human beings living and creating with far more potential than they have now.

This is all just a maybe. This is not something I am saying will happen, only something that could happen, and only some thing to think about as being a possibility.

Obviously this is a very diverse Universe, there are countless different and separated parts, just look at how many different and separate human beings have been born and will continue to be born, let alone everything else that does and could exist. If this diverse Universe keeps evolving and shifting, as you say it does, then it is possible that It is evolving and shifting together, and not apart, to become unified as One thing or being, so that It could and will work better together. Obviously working together as one is better than trying to work separately. What do you personally think an infinite creative energy would want to do with itself, become a separate system with all those different and separate parts working individually and separate from each other, or, would It want to be (come) as One, and work together as One Unified system? With all those different and separate parts working closely and uniformly together like cogs in different wheels work together to move things along nicely and smoothly.

Obviously being all together as One, and living happily and peacefully together for ever more would be an ultimate goal for all things, but just because that goal is reached does not mean evolving and shifting will stop. That just means things are moving in the right direction, instead of in the wrong or current direction they are moving in now. Actually I think it will be found if things are moving together as One this means that things will evolve and shift at an ever increasing rate for the better of ALL things. Working together as One only increases the rate of progress. The natural and infinite creative energy or being within human beings will flow far more naturally and easily so our creative powers to invent, design, create, build, and construct will also improve at a far greater rate also.

Imagine if every human being was working together towards the exact same goal that we all once wanted and shared, that is to live together in peace and harmony, instead of just taking as much as we can from life what we all each individually want and separately desire. I just do not think that this is possible I know peace and harmony can and will happen, that is if we do not wipe ourselves out beforehand. The latter comes about by believing (in) things, whereas, the former comes about be questioning everything. Only by being and remaining fully open questioning everything takes place, naturally.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

mystical_universe wrote:[Questioning Everything]

so as far as we know we could be Living a fictional Scenario in a fictional world that makes us process, observe and Define all of its information and all its Components, ..yaddayadda ..blabla!!
You clearly lack brain functionality and can't' comprehend very very basic input of reality, go else where and pour out your prolific brain diarrhea!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

HexHammer to mystical_universe wrote:You clearly lack brain functionality and can't' comprehend very very basic input of reality, go else where and pour out your prolific brain diarrhea!
Sounds like you're describing yourself, Hex... as once again, all you can do is blurt out that someone is speaking nonsense, yet you have nothing intelligent (or alternative) to say, yourself. As a result, you appear to be a very childish troll and/or an idiot. If this is not true, why don't you explain your own perspective and demonstrate that you have intelligence, and aren't just here to bash people like a big jerk off?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Lacewing wrote:
HexHammer to mystical_universe wrote:You clearly lack brain functionality and can't' comprehend very very basic input of reality, go else where and pour out your prolific brain diarrhea!
Sounds like you're describing yourself, Hex... as once again, all you can do is blurt out that someone is speaking nonsense, yet you have nothing intelligent (or alternative) to say, yourself. As a result, you appear to be a very childish troll and/or an idiot. If this is not true, why don't you explain your own perspective and demonstrate that you have intelligence, and aren't just here to bash people like a big jerk off?
Sounds like you're describing yourself, Lacewing... as once again, all you can do is blurt out that someone is speaking nonsense, yet you have nothing intelligent (or alternative) to say, yourself. As a result, you appear to be a very childish troll and/or an idiot. If this is not true, why don't you explain your own perspective and demonstrate that you have intelligence, and aren't just here to bash people like a big jerk off?