Time does not exist.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

sthitapragya

Re: Time does not exist.

Post by sthitapragya »

bahman wrote:
sthitapragya wrote: But you are ignoring the point that the star is actually 5000 light years in the future from what you are seeing now.
That is only a measure of distance, 5000 light years.
No it is not. It is measure of time. What you see is a star as it was 5000 years ago. If you saw it as it was today, then time would not exist.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

bahman wrote:
You need to experience time in order to measure it, either directly by your senses or indirectly using an apparatus. We cannot experience time directly or indirectly. What we can experience is motions and forms. We can introduce a concept of time by using a standard clock and measuring the change in standard clock compare to motion of anything else. What we do is not more than comparing two motions when it comes to concept of time.

We experience forms directly. The space is noting more than a thing which allows to accommodate forms, without that we couldn't experience forms.
I think we are going around in circles. So unless you have an explanation for why we see the past of a star 5000 light years away instead of the present, I think I will let you continue this discussion with someone else.
bahman

Post by bahman »

sthitapragya wrote: No it is not. It is measure of time. What you see is a star as it was 5000 years ago. If you saw it as it was today, then time would not exist.
A light year by definition is the distance that light travel in a year.
bahman

Post by bahman »

sthitapragya wrote:
bahman wrote:
You need to experience time in order to measure it, either directly by your senses or indirectly using an apparatus. We cannot experience time directly or indirectly. What we can experience is motions and forms. We can introduce a concept of time by using a standard clock and measuring the change in standard clock compare to motion of anything else. What we do is not more than comparing two motions when it comes to concept of time.

We experience forms directly. The space is noting more than a thing which allows to accommodate forms, without that we couldn't experience forms.
I think we are going around in circles. So unless you have an explanation for why we see the past of a star 5000 light years away instead of the present, I think I will let you continue this discussion with someone else.
I think you are not paying any attention to my argument. A light year by definition is the distance that light travels in one year. It has noting to do with whether the star exist or not at all.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

bahman wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:
bahman wrote:

I think you are not paying any attention to my argument. A light year by definition is the distance that light travels in one year. It has noting to do with whether the star exist or not at all.
Okay. Let it go.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Time is motion.

So I guess time does exist after all.
ken

Post by ken »

bahman

I have not had the "time" to read the whole post yet, but if and when we get further into this discussion, then it will be discovered that not just 'time', itself, does not exist but also 'space', itself, does not exist, in the way most people think they exist.

Do you think that could also be a possibility?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote:We experience forms and motions. Time is a concept that we use to have an idea about two motions, one is our standard clock and another is subject of our experience.
Uhmm ..u really don't have a freggin clue about ANYTHING!!!

Time does exist, and it was proven beyond reasonable doubt decades ago, 2 ultra precise clocks were put 1 on earth 1 in a plane, and the 1 on the plane would lose time predicted by Einstein's SRT.

Also we use time for GPS and satellite communication.

Please! ..before you speak again here, go read up on the topic you want to babble about. The same goes for the rest of you clueless people!
bahman

Post by bahman »

ken wrote: bahman

I have not had the "time" to read the whole post yet, but if and when we get further into this discussion, then it will be discovered that not just 'time', itself, does not exist but also 'space', itself, does not exist, in the way most people think they exist.

Do you think that could also be a possibility?
We can say with 100% certainty that we only experience forms and motions. Without space we couldn't have any form hence space exist. Time in another hand is a concept that we define it in term of relative motion between two things, one of the things is our standard clock and another is subject of our study (as it is illustrate in OP), hence time does not exist.
bahman

Post by bahman »

HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote: We experience forms and motions. Time is a concept that we use to have an idea about two motions, one is our standard clock and another is subject of our experience.
Uhmm ..u really don't have a freggin clue about ANYTHING!!!

Time does exist, and it was proven beyond reasonable doubt decades ago, 2 ultra precise clocks were put 1 on earth 1 in a plane, and the 1 on the plane would lose time predicted by Einstein's SRT.

Also we use time for GPS and satellite communication.

Please! ..before you speak again here, go read up on the topic you want to babble about. The same goes for the rest of you clueless people!
This seems to me that you didn't understood the argument well. Please read the previous post for more illustration.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote:This seems to me that you didn't understood the argument well. Please read the previous post for more illustration.
As I said go read up about it, instead of this "x-mas present shaking". If you had you would know we experience time consciously and we often say that time goes slow or fast depending on situation, then the other part is called biological clock.

You come here and want cozy chat, not a serious discussion. People must hand feed you very basic information because you are unable to get it yourself. This is why such person usually don't have a good job, because they will stay ignorant and only rely on fragments of information which gives a false incoherent picture of reality.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

bahman wrote:Time in another hand is a concept that we define it in term of relative motion between two things, one of the things is our standard clock and another is subject of our study (as it is illustrate in OP), hence time does not exist.
"Hence" makes no sense there. Relative motion between two things exists.
bahman

Post by bahman »

HexHammer wrote: As I said go read up about it, instead of this "x-mas present shaking". If you had you would know we experience time consciously and we often say that time goes slow or fast depending on situation, then the other part is called biological clock.
So you claim that you can experience time. We have five senses for experiencing our environment. Could you please tell me which sense is helping us to experience time?

We of course have psychological motions but we can pause it if we don't allow that our minds get scattered with our sensations and inner movement, such as thought. You can see that there is no experience of time if you try to do this simple task.
HexHammer wrote: You come here and want cozy chat, not a serious discussion. People must hand feed you very basic information because you are unable to get it yourself. This is why such person usually don't have a good job, because they will stay ignorant and only rely on fragments of information which gives a false incoherent picture of reality.
I have hear such a voice before when people's believes are challenged. That really doesn't offer anything useful so I just leave it to you/them.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Terrapin Station wrote: "Hence" makes no sense there. Relative motion between two things exists.
"Hence" makes sense there since what we are really measuring is the relative motion between two things.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote:
HexHammer wrote: As I said go read up about it, instead of this "x-mas present shaking". If you had you would know we experience time consciously and we often say that time goes slow or fast depending on situation, then the other part is called biological clock.
So you claim that you can experience time. We have five senses for experiencing our environment. Could you please tell me which sense is helping us to experience time?

We of course have psychological motions but we can pause it if we don't allow that our minds get scattered with our sensations and inner movement, such as thought. You can see that there is no experience of time if you try to do this simple task.
HexHammer wrote: You come here and want cozy chat, not a serious discussion. People must hand feed you very basic information because you are unable to get it yourself. This is why such person usually don't have a good job, because they will stay ignorant and only rely on fragments of information which gives a false incoherent picture of reality.
I have hear such a voice before when people's believes are challenged. That really doesn't offer anything useful so I just leave it to you/them.
Go read up on it from the source, I do not intend to hand feed you everything. You are nothing but a leech.