Free Will vs Determinism

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Celebritydiscodave2

Re: Free Will vs Determinism

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:45 pm

I do n`t disagree with that sentiment, but I speak in context with suggestion, not knowledge, philosophical suggestion. For instance, this sentiment: Nothing is known for certain of any individual merely on account the passage of time, but at the same time very much is assumed. We could talk around this subject area virtually forever, and why not, so long the brief affirmation at the end of it be all inclusive and bullet proof.

Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Belinda wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 pm
Celebrity discodave wrote:
Philosophical sentiments/concentrated prospective have already long been with us, not my way, not anybodies way, it is simply a communicational format, no less than straight prose, or verse. To club all information together would amount to no more than an endless rambling stream, and solve absolutely nothing.
Your first sentence seems to endorse postmodernism . But your second sentence seems to claim that some information is better than other information.

Me, I choose that some information is better than other information, and I can tell you the criteria by which I can choose.

Spheres of balance wrote:
many prefer to compartmentalize mankind's knowledge, when in fact it's actually all one thing.
That's pretentiousness. You like everybody else must pick and choose among beliefs (i.e. compartmentalise("compartmentalize") if only because of common sense.
Some information being better than other information? - But if it is not accurate it is not even information. The best information must by definition be considered the most accurate. I follow your point of view, but consider all information to be equal, obviously though, taking it that it is actual information, that it does genuinely inform of what actually is.

Of information, so called information, Sports Science is a wash with it, misinformation I mean, because before the boundaries of physical performance are understood there exists no absolute foundation for physical performance related scientific knowledge. The reason why strength gains are not seen in trained individuals past the age of thirty five, forty five, and fifty five, and why Sports Science sees no further, is because Sports Science is not yet up to speed regards how one should be training at this time. Unfortunately however, education is an institution, one where no genuine information can be added or subtracted by side doors.
Youtube: Beyond Human... (Kates David)

Necromancer

Post by Necromancer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Regarding Free Will, (https://whatiswritten777.blogspot.no/20 ... .html#FAFW)

Why should we feel guilt if determinism is true? Emergentism of guilt? Hah-hah! Determinism is way out there!

Any conclusion yet in being at page 92 here? :D

Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 pm

That determinism does n`t exist, and that few people can live with this.
One should feel guilt exactly the same irrespective of whether it exists or not. All this thinking is totally irrelevant to living one`s life, not an excuse to become born again psychopaths.