to allow you your very life -
poisoning the waters and air
that you rely upon to survive.

you use the terror of possibility
to assuage yourselves into beliefs
that mind has sovereignty over life.

you don’t recognize your own faults
passing these things upon circumstances
that do not fit within your sensibilities.

although your common sense is askew
you insist upon having things your way
viewing yourself as beings of wisdom

cast in the image of a god you worship
without having any idea of what god is
but religiously follow the dreams of such

who will defend your path
in further destroying the life
that sustains your madness.

you alone have labeled yourself
as homo sapiens... thinking man
but what has this brought your kind?

your memory has now faded
from the time that you were
part of the cosmic community

a time when it could be said
that all lived as one without
the fallacies you now embrace.

but it was you who rebelled
and fought against this oneness
that links all life together

with or without your reasoning
which cannot conclusively
agree upon any one thing

except arming and defending
yourself against intruders
of your own limited mind.

yes, you are now established
forever alone on the fringes
of our universal existence

and so you shall remain
killing and destroying
not only yourself

but the very world that
you’ve been given -
a test to grow beyond

that very mind inhibiting
your full potential to
become the fullness

of life’s given promise:
a life unified with all
that ever was and will be,

conceived of or imagined.
beyond the smallness of the
lives that you insist upon.

as you say, good luck!
your limited future may
very well require this luck.

mtmynd1
Hobbes' Choice

Re: ~message to earthlings~

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Um - these aliens think a light year is a passage of time.
Might be a spoof?
hajrafradi

Post by hajrafradi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Um - these aliens think a light year is a passage of time.
Might be a spoof?
Seems like all my yeas were hard years, heavily laden. I'd like to have some light years now, please. :wink:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

hajrafradi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Um - these aliens think a light year is a passage of time.
Might be a spoof?
Seems like all my yeas were hard years, heavily laden. I'd like to have some light years now, please. :wink:
I've had light years - those years where dieting actually worked. But they were always followed by heavy years.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

hello planet earthlings -
you are not alone
but simply avoided.

Get bent, alien scum.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

most of the humans who call Earth home
seem more alien than those unknown.
Hobbes' Choice

Re:

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

henry quirk wrote:hello planet earthlings -
you are not alone
but simply avoided.

Get bent, alien scum.
You can always build a "trump" wall.
Greta

Post by Greta »

We're not long down from the trees. Does this mean that intelligent species that start the process towards building civilisations are supposed to immediately and uniformly know what they are doing, with an immediate developed morality?

Those aliens are tough judges, and probably being sanctimonious and hypocritical jerks. In that case we probably dodged a bullet by not being contacted by them.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"trump wall"

Can't we just shoot 'em?
hajrafradi

Post by hajrafradi »

Greta wrote:We're not long down from the trees. Does this mean that intelligent species that start the process towards building civilisations are supposed to immediately and uniformly know what they are doing, with an immediate developed morality?

Those aliens are tough judges, and probably being sanctimonious and hypocritical jerks. In that case we probably dodged a bullet by not being contacted by them.
1. The first Human Family or the first Human Children once who attained the age of majority, were most likely uniform with their values, morals, and concepts of a good life.

2. We know that Ape to Human was a long and eventful evolutionary process in terms of gene mutation, but we also know that evolution can be revolutionary, not a gradual process, but a one-shot mutation of many changes all at once: a locking knee mechanism, hand into foot, larger cranium, smaller jaw bones, higher intelligence, and a lot of cultural things we can have no knowledge about -- love of music, for instance, or of jokes, or of competitive sports -- all these can happen at once, from a state of differentness to a state of having these.

So to immediately develop morality is possible, theoretically. Although I am absolutely convinced that all mammals and all bird species -- warm-blooded animals -- have a sense of the importance of, and can behave in when needed, self-sacrifice, in order to serve the greater good for their families, tribes, and sometimes even species.
hajrafradi

Post by hajrafradi »

Dubious wrote:most of the humans who call Earth home
seem more alien than those unknown.
I don't get this. If someone is unknown -- unseen, unheard -- they don't seem like anything, since you can't see them. It is futile to compare anyone whose presence you can sense to anyone whose presence you can't, and are not aware of.
hajrafradi

Re:

Post by hajrafradi »

henry quirk wrote:"trump wall"

Can't we just shoot 'em?
Only when they are in season. And it is illegal to shoot an alien with a suckling baby, even in Indiana.
hajrafradi

Re: Re:

Post by hajrafradi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
henry quirk wrote:hello planet earthlings -
you are not alone
but simply avoided.

Get bent, alien scum.
You can always build a "trump" wall.
I absolutely LOVE both these replies.
Greta

Post by Greta »

hajrafradi wrote:
Greta wrote:We're not long down from the trees. Does this mean that intelligent species that start the process towards building civilisations are supposed to immediately and uniformly know what they are doing, with an immediate developed morality?

1. The first Human Family or the first Human Children once who attained the age of majority, were most likely uniform with their values, morals, and concepts of a good life.

2. We know that Ape to Human was a long and eventful evolutionary process in terms of gene mutation, but we also know that evolution can be revolutionary, not a gradual process, but a one-shot mutation of many changes all at once: a locking knee mechanism, hand into foot, larger cranium, smaller jaw bones, higher intelligence, and a lot of cultural things we can have no knowledge about -- love of music, for instance, or of jokes, or of competitive sports -- all these can happen at once, from a state of differentness to a state of having these.

So to immediately develop morality is possible, theoretically. Although I am absolutely convinced that all mammals and all bird species -- warm-blooded animals -- have a sense of the importance of, and can behave in when needed, self-sacrifice, in order to serve the greater good for their families, tribes, and sometimes even species.
Based on what you've said, the chances of morality rapidly evolving is the luck of the draw. Hardly blameworthy. Besides, there's a good chance that alien species would have gone through the similar slow and staggered retreat from barabarism towards civilisation.

I'm dubious about early humans agreeing about the good life. I don't see so much agreement in other species' groups, but plenty of jockeying for position and dominance/submission rituals. Also, different tribal groups probably developed different moralities' based on the individual qualities of their leaders. Some may well have agreed on a morality that includes cannibalism, infanticide and other common behaviours of wild primates.
hajrafradi

Post by hajrafradi »

Greta wrote: I'm dubious about early humans agreeing about the good life. I don't see so much agreement in other species' groups, but plenty of jockeying for position and dominance/submission rituals. Also, different tribal groups probably developed different moralities' based on the individual qualities of their leaders. Some may well have agreed on a morality that includes cannibalism, infanticide and other common behaviours of wild primates.
I agree with you on what you wrote.

My own nuclear family often practiced cannibalism. So I understand where you're coming from. (We always had turkey for Thanksgiving. And since I was the youngest and my Mom's favourite, I was always given the sphincter of the roasted chickens. The best part of the animal!! Mm-mm.)

I chose very carefully "the very first human family" in my example therefore, because they woulda been made of the waters of the same gene pool with very little deviation in values and systems.