What really matters?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: What really matters?

Post by Lacewing » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Dalek Prime wrote: I don't have kids. How am I responsible for dragging future generations into it? Think before you write crap.
Well I don't have kids either... so why did you write your crap?

Dubious

Post by Dubious » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:03 pm

On this planet, that which rules 90% of everything. Power & Money and we accordingly are ruled by those who have it...which amounts to an upgraded and more dangerous medieval ethic.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: I don't have kids. How am I responsible for dragging future generations into it? Think before you write crap.
Well I don't have kids either... so why did you write your crap?
Because you're encouraging people to have them with your bullshit romantic notions of life, you prat. Now shut up and accept responsibility for your beliefs.

Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Whenever you're feeling a bit down in the dumps tune into the thoughts of Dalek, the music to slash your wrists to. What a miserable, curmudgeonly, cantankerous Canuck you are, mate. Perhaps a laxative might help.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote:Well I don't have kids either... so why did you write your crap?
Because you're encouraging people to have them with your bullshit romantic notions of life, you prat. Now shut up and accept responsibility for your beliefs.
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not encouraging people to have kids. I think it would be better in many cases if they didn't. Shut up your own stupid face because you clearly just want to spew with no reason behind it.

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 pm

I don't have kids - well, I raised a brace (which wasn't nearly as much fun as advertised), but didn't make any from scratch. I wish many, many other people would refrain from spawning, and I've always been a promoter of birth control and very much in favour of muzzling the goddamn priests of every stripe who bully people into having babies that their society doesn't value. I'm perfectly well aware that my opinions, warnings and advocacy makes no difference whatever to other people's reproductive decisions.

However, I still think there is going to be some kind of future, and I would prefer to do what will make that future better, rather than worse.
If my only contribution is being polite to people who disagree with me, that's still better than nothing, I guess.

What matters: civility.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote:Well I don't have kids either... so why did you write your crap?
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not encouraging people to have kids. I think it would be better in many cases if they didn't. Shut up your own stupid face because you clearly just want to spew with no reason behind it.
Yes you are. You're just too stupid to realise it.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:20 pm

Dalek Prime wrote: Yes you are. You're just to stupid to realise it.
Obvious Leo was right. You need a laxative. It might clear out your brain so that you can realize you don't know what you're talking about. Apparently you've been looking through your dark cracked glasses for so long that you cannot help but misunderstand other views, and make up shit to support your own limited warped view. No wonder you can't see anything else but that.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Yes you are. You're just to stupid to realise it.
Obvious Leo was right. You need a laxative. It might clear out your brain so that you can realize you don't know what you're talking about. Apparently you've been looking through your dark cracked glasses for so long that you cannot help but misunderstand other views, and make up shit to support your own limited warped view. No wonder you can't see anything else but that.
"Obvious Leon was right..." What are you, a fucking parrot too? I'm perfectly able to read Leo's insults without translation.

Green

Post by Green » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 am

Sheesh Prime, I've changed my mind. I think a more immediate matter should be to give you a hug.

Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 am

It wasn't an insult. It was timely medical advice from a comrade who understands the perils of gastro-intestinal grief.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 am

Obvious Leo wrote:It wasn't an insult. It was timely medical advice from a comrade who understands the perils of gastro-intestinal grief.
Fair enough, Leo, I like a good shit as much as the next bloke. :lol:

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:17 am

Green wrote:Sheesh Prime, I've changed my mind. I think a more immediate matter should be to give you a hug.
It's been tried, Green. No cure for antinatalism, once the bug's up one's nose or butt.

Skip

Post by Skip » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:24 am

I also like trees and little green insects.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:26 am

Skip wrote:I also like trees and little green insects.
Fuck that!!!! (I'm kidding lol!) :wink:

Lacewing, I get cranky at times. Don't take it to heart.