Life is boring and meaningless, and most humans are ignorant & stupid. What is the meaning of life?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Life is boring and meaningless, and most humans are ignorant & stupid. What is the meaning of life?

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

If life is boring it means your life is out of balance as it lacks something, a genuine job/friend/pursuit/etc.

Genuine, coming from the root "gen" which alludes to genesis, generation, genius, genie, etc. observes creation as a sacrifice of the self, a moral suicide, where what is created originates from the self as an extension of the self.

Find something to create, for that creation will form yourself and giving you a sense of balance and meaning by helping you not just discover who you are but create yourself in the process.

Boredom leads to dissolution, dissolution to chaos. Boredom is solve by originality...something most people are afraid to do; hence why most people are bored.
LawYears

Re: Life is boring and meaningless, and most humans are ignorant & stupid. What is the meaning of life?

Post by LawYears »

I completely agree 100%. Humans are completely delusional and overly reactive. They have no idea what's going on outside of their everyday short film that repeats over and over and over (and they don't realize that it's just repeating over and over). It's absolutely psychotic. I have a pretty good life and many people that love and support me. I give thanks to "the divine" for that, but I can't help being tortured by this overly heavy and toxic structure that we're forced to put up with, day after day after day. There is no escape. Drugs may f you up or they might not and you'll be looked down upon for doing them. Meditation is one of the only good things in life and others may look at you like you're insane and a hippie because your #1 focus isn't saving up for your midlife crisis beach house. People like to completely delete any real happiness they may be able to have and instead completely indulge in suffering (constantly fighting about stupid things, filling their heads with twisted TV shows and the news). It's hopeless, humans are completely insane. Please accept this so you at least don't have to jump between "it's okay, we have it better than animals" and "I hate people". Just accept that they completely suck so you can get a foothold in this stupid cliff we're supposedly climbing called "life".
Andy M

Post by Andy M »

A_Seagull wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm People are incredibly intelligent and considerate... Humans are free to do whatever they want...
Sounds like you have lived a very fortunate life. I've seen lots of stupidity, senseless aggression, and it really depends on what you mean by freedom.

Nonetheless, yeah, the OP sounded depressed, and that isn't the way.

We all have our problems. You just make the best of it. Find something that makes life good and eliminate as much of the bad as you can.

Utilitarianism.

Personally, I found great happiness and peace after moving into a van and only working part-time. I make art that nobody likes and spend a lot of time outdoors in beautiful places. If you are okay being alone, then there's lots of good reasons to be happy.

Some of the best things I eliminated from my life:
- shitty family members
- shitty romances
- shitty friends
- shitty jobs (shitty bosses, shitty coworkers, shitty customers)
- shitty roommates
- shitty landlords

Try decreasing some of those shitty things, then focus on things you like doing, and things that make you stronger (like quitting smoking, or losing weight, or something like that) and see what happens.

And try to remember some perspective. If you are fed and have a computer and can read, you are doing better than most people throughout history.

Cheers.