Climate Change

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

raw_thought

Re: Climate Change

Post by raw_thought »

I like you. But you do have a tendency to care about me and your other virtual friends more then the truth!
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

raw_thought wrote:I like you. But you do have a tendency to care about me and your other virtual friends more then the truth!
Happy/Merry Christmas raw thought, whether you believe or not, or challenge the date, matters not to this one that is wishing you happiness, in a time that at least somewhere, people try and celebrate.

Wrong! The truth is more important than anything, it's just that I REFUSE to buy into anyones possible SWAMPLAND! Take no offense as it really has nothing to do with RW the human, rather just my way to put unsubstantiated belief in a box where it belongs. Maybe just for now, maybe forever. Only time, sequence, change, movement, shall differentiate between the two possibilities! ;)

May this find you and yours, Healthy, Happy and Wise! ;)

Now on with the debate! ;)
raw_thought

Post by raw_thought »

So now you are reversing your position again???
I acknowledged the fact of AGW and you viscously attacked me.
Then you said you agreed with me.
Are you now saying that my acknowledgement of AGW is entering the swampland???
SpheresOfBalance

raw_thought wrote:So now you are reversing your position again???
I acknowledged the fact of AGW and you viscously attacked me.
Then you said you agreed with me.
Are you now saying that my acknowledgement of AGW is entering the swampland???
NO, I've always agreed with you! Early on you jumped to conclusions, you misread my words, such that it was only in your mind that I disagreed with you. With my last message, I was just explaining why, to you, I seem to not care about truth. Just because one disagrees with you is no grounds to believe that they do not seek truth. It may simply be that they see your, so called, truth as simply belief.
raw_thought

Post by raw_thought »

So your acknowledgement of AGW is only a belief you have and not an objective fact?
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Fact: there is a climate change that is obvious to anyone who cares to observe.

Fact: our hu'manity is a major contributor to the decimation of wildlife, i.e. from insects to mammals, from fish to the life which feeds it. The rain forest is still be chopped down for various reasons at the highest rate since records were taken... mostly for the needs of hu'manity.

Fact
: our hu'manity is at the heart of global pollution including fowling the air we breath and the water we rely on for our survival and the poisoning of the agricultural soils which provide our sustenance.

Fact
: our very hu'manity has become an enemy to the natural world which has sustained all life on this singular planet by the choices we have made, which are written in our religions and government constitutions in addition to our dreams and desires which we entertain ourselves.

Fact: Nature *WILL* end up the ultimate success story, hu'manity be damned if it comes to that. We may think and even believe we are masters of the planet but that will be shown to be a false ideal which will last only as long as our hu'manity lasts.

All else are opinions, some based upon observation given the limitations of our time spent observing while other opinions are simply our hu'man desire to talk, damn the truth or even the facts as we know them. We have reached a period in our evolution on Earth that places our very own concerns over that of *any* other living life form on the same planet. *If* and *maybe* will not change a goddamn thing as far as what we are - hu'manity is an evolving species, the youngest on Earth and as foolish and ignorant as any child of existence is, was and will be.

________

Thirteen years ago I wrote the following and today it is apparent we are unable to change our ways -
"There are enough riches in the world for all to taste the good life but the foolishness of poverty makes us surrender our dreams to those that deem wealth an exclusive right of a chosen few.

Religion perpetrates this belief by saying the meek shall inherit the earth, as the coffers of religion grow fatter and fatter thru the donations of the poor, never trying to elevate the people beyond the level of 'poor.'

Meanwhile the super-rich keep on accumulating wealth beyond measure, not totally because of greed, but because of the availability of such wealth being given in increments by those that feel unworthy of riches for themselves, conditioned by their religions into giving and giving so the 'poor' may benefit. And yet the cycle of poverty continues to grow.

Religions say life is holy and abortion is wrong. The poor continue to multiply, and their churches continue receiving their donations, stockpiling wealth in the name of god. This same church will happily give $20 to the needy person, but behind closed doors will pay $2,000,000 for maintaining silence of sexually abusing their altar boys.

But people have been conditioned into believing others are worthier than themselves, and go to great lengths to surrender their hearts and wallets to those in financial control.

Someday we may learn that we all are given the 'gift of life' and that gift is not stupidity."
Truth is not arguable for if it is, it is not Truth.
SpheresOfBalance

mtmynd1 wrote:Fact: there is a climate change that is obvious to anyone who cares to observe.

Fact: our hu'manity is a major contributor to the decimation of wildlife, i.e. from insects to mammals, from fish to the life which feeds it. The rain forest is still be chopped down for various reasons at the highest rate since records were taken... mostly for the needs of hu'manity.

Fact
: our hu'manity is at the heart of global pollution including fowling the air we breath and the water we rely on for our survival and the poisoning of the agricultural soils which provide our sustenance.

Fact
: our very hu'manity has become an enemy to the natural world which has sustained all life on this singular planet by the choices we have made, which are written in our religions and government constitutions in addition to our dreams and desires which we entertain ourselves.

Fact: Nature *WILL* end up the ultimate success story, hu'manity be damned if it comes to that. We may think and even believe we are masters of the planet but that will be shown to be a false ideal which will last only as long as our hu'manity lasts.

All else are opinions, some based upon observation given the limitations of our time spent observing while other opinions are simply our hu'man desire to talk, damn the truth or even the facts as we know them. We have reached a period in our evolution on Earth that places our very own concerns over that of *any* other living life form on the same planet. *If* and *maybe* will not change a goddamn thing as far as what we are - hu'manity is an evolving species, the youngest on Earth and as foolish and ignorant as any child of existence is, was and will be.

________

Thirteen years ago I wrote the following and today it is apparent we are unable to change our ways -
"There are enough riches in the world for all to taste the good life but the foolishness of poverty makes us surrender our dreams to those that deem wealth an exclusive right of a chosen few.

Religion perpetrates this belief by saying the meek shall inherit the earth, as the coffers of religion grow fatter and fatter thru the donations of the poor, never trying to elevate the people beyond the level of 'poor.'

Meanwhile the super-rich keep on accumulating wealth beyond measure, not totally because of greed, but because of the availability of such wealth being given in increments by those that feel unworthy of riches for themselves, conditioned by their religions into giving and giving so the 'poor' may benefit. And yet the cycle of poverty continues to grow.

Religions say life is holy and abortion is wrong. The poor continue to multiply, and their churches continue receiving their donations, stockpiling wealth in the name of god. This same church will happily give $20 to the needy person, but behind closed doors will pay $2,000,000 for maintaining silence of sexually abusing their altar boys.

But people have been conditioned into believing others are worthier than themselves, and go to great lengths to surrender their hearts and wallets to those in financial control.

Someday we may learn that we all are given the 'gift of life' and that gift is not stupidity."
Truth is not arguable for if it is, it is not Truth.
100% agree. That there may be other things contributing to global warming, isn't a reason to denounce global warming, just more reasons that the problem must be addressed, and quickly!