Why are people scared of philosophy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jimmy cricket
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:24 am

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by jimmy cricket »

Well what I mean by that, is they flat out make up facts in universities and the students pay good money to eat it up. The university is set in its ways, and might as well be blind, because they are afraid to lose their paychecks. Where-as the student is more of a free-spirit, free to abandon his foolishness at any time, the university is a giant group, full of prestige and rules, and it is very hard to change such a group.

GreatandWiseTrixie

:lol: I thought this was a forum, and it turns out this is a board for the :idea: DOLT :idea:
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: As far as skyscrapers go, you are missing an important idea. Why build them in the first place? What goes up, comes down.

Skyscrapers are usually built where the price of land per sq. ft. is very expensive, so it is more economical to build higher than to spread out. That is such a simple idea that I thought everyone would know it, I suppose some people just don't know much.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by thedoc »

jimmy cricket wrote:
Well what I mean by that, is they flat out make up facts in universities and the students pay good money to eat it up. The university is set in its ways, and might as well be blind, because they are afraid to lose their paychecks. Where-as the student is more of a free-spirit, free to abandon his foolishness at any time, the university is a giant group, full of prestige and rules, and it is very hard to change such a group.

GreatandWiseTrixie

:lol: I thought this was a forum, and it turns out this is a board for the :idea: DOLT :idea:

University graduates usually get good jobs and make lots of money, so the universities must be teaching something right. That really isn't very hard to figure out, except for a real dolt like Trixie.

Did you know it takes a wench to turn the head of a dolt.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

jimmy cricket wrote: :lol: I thought this was a forum, and it turns out this is a board for the :idea: DOLT :idea:
Get an avatar, grow some balls, and stop acting like a petty pest, buzzing around me like a simple-minded bugger.

thedoc wrote: University graduates usually get good jobs and make lots of money, so the universities must be teaching something right. That really isn't very hard to figure out, except for a real dolt like Trixie.

Did you know it takes a wench to turn the head of a dolt.
^simple minded ninny who believes in money and prosperity above all things. Look at the world around you. Your actual logic consists of good job+lots of money=teaching material MUST be right! Are you seriously a complete retard, or just partially retarded? You had your chance, I've given up with you, no more Miss Nice Trixie. You are a stupid fool, nothing more, nothing less. Image
gif image hosting

If you want the details, it goes like this. How well you fit in this world doesn't mean a lick of damn, people are prejudiced, simple minded cunts who'll cast you out like a leper if you don't do every little thing they expect of you. You bent over backwards for them, took their little tests, did everything they asked of you so they can hand you a little badge called a "diploma." If you act a certain way, follow all the rules, follow all of the implied rules, and generally act like a suck up **** then they will give you a paycheck, in which you can continue your servitude and spend it in the manner in which they allow. Many of the historical facts they teach at universities are simply false, due to their own laziness in the matter. Don't even get me started on the psychiatric industry, it seems to either be run by clowns are a bunch of retarded fools who don't even know the first thing about anything.
thedoc wrote: Skyscrapers are usually built where the price of land per sq. ft. is very expensive, so it is more economical to build higher than to spread out. That is such a simple idea that I thought everyone would know it, I suppose some people just don't know much.
If humans didn't replicate like flies, then they wouldn't need so many damn skyscrapers to make up for all the land they gobbled up, now would they, then, mcsmartasspants? That is, if they had some damn sense in the first place, they wouldn't need to colonize Mars or build giant penises, cubicles to space! But I suppose it's all good and well, because money and human progress is the only thing that matters, right? If you had it you're way, we'd all be stuck in cubicles, sterile little cubicles inside of giant rectangular penises, in the interest of contributing to society and furthering human progress and "ingeniuty". ****ing worthless idiots.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
jimmy cricket wrote: :lol: I thought this was a forum, and it turns out this is a board for the :idea: DOLT :idea:
thedoc wrote: University graduates usually get good jobs and make lots of money, so the universities must be teaching something right. That really isn't very hard to figure out, except for a real dolt like Trixie.

Did you know it takes a wench to turn the head of a dolt.
As expected from the idiot, abuse rather than intelligence.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
jimmy cricket wrote: :lol: I thought this was a forum, and it turns out this is a board for the :idea: DOLT :idea:
thedoc wrote: University graduates usually get good jobs and make lots of money, so the universities must be teaching something right. That really isn't very hard to figure out, except for a real dolt like Trixie.

Did you know it takes a wench to turn the head of a dolt.
As expected from the idiot, abuse rather than intelligence.
You are a stupid ****, that's exactly what you are. Abuse? Yeah blame me for this, dumb ****, when all you do is stalk me around like some creep sex-offender and say abusive things to me all the time. Then when I snap, and call you the shithead that you are, you point the finger at me. Then you have the never to say I don't use my intellect, when you couldn't even provide a rebuttal to the paragraphs of text I sent you. Of course you couldn't make up a rebuttal, since there's no way to rebutt me. You remind me of some stupid brats I used to know in middle school. They were entirely meaningless, trite, annoying wastes of space, honestly.
User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3354
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by HexHammer »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
HexHammer wrote: So you are basically saying that ALL chiefs and directors are compulsive liars, that's rich! Do you actually have any statistics to support this absurd claim? Sure sometimes leaders must lie or stretch the truth in order to keep things calm or motivate people, but being a compulsive liar ..no!
Yeah, that's what he's saying, and he'd be right. There's no reason's for leaders to lie to people and "motivate them". We call that propaganda and censorship. They aren't compulsive liars, but they'll lie if it helps them gain more profits and power. I can't believe I'm even having this conversation, I feel like I'm talking to a some random 14 year old I met at the store who doesn't know anything about anything.
Dude, back in the days when I used to work, I was in the quality department of a big newspaper, it requires a broad knowledge to judge others and their work, specially when ones gets in the face of the entire staff of chief and directors, else I'll be a head shorter.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

HexHammer wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
HexHammer wrote: So you are basically saying that ALL chiefs and directors are compulsive liars, that's rich! Do you actually have any statistics to support this absurd claim? Sure sometimes leaders must lie or stretch the truth in order to keep things calm or motivate people, but being a compulsive liar ..no!
Yeah, that's what he's saying, and he'd be right. There's no reason's for leaders to lie to people and "motivate them". We call that propaganda and censorship. They aren't compulsive liars, but they'll lie if it helps them gain more profits and power. I can't believe I'm even having this conversation, I feel like I'm talking to a some random 14 year old I met at the store who doesn't know anything about anything.
Dude, back in the days when I used to work, I was in the quality department of a big newspaper, it requires a broad knowledge to judge others and their work, specially when ones gets in the face of the entire staff of chief and directors, else I'll be a head shorter.
Newspaper? That's a laugh. I hope for your sake it was a step up from Faux news or CNN, cuz then I'd really be in stitches!
Image
Guess that explains why you feel the way you do. In the back of your mind, you're still afraid to criticize or talk badly of them, lest you get reprimanded for speaking the truth. They really did a number on you, didn't they...
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: You remind me of some stupid brats I used to know in middle school.

Don't worry, It'll be better when you get to High School, they'll be just a bit more sophisticated and you'll have to actually think about what they say, or not.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: when you couldn't even provide a rebuttal to the paragraphs of text I sent you.

FYI, I don't see the text you send unless I deliberately click on your post, and I avoid doing that. So all your text is wasted, which is typical for you.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: when you couldn't even provide a rebuttal to the paragraphs of text I sent you.

FYI, I don't see the text you send unless I deliberately click on your post, and I avoid doing that. So all your text is wasted, which is typical for you.
Willfully ignorant. I've been monitoring your posts, all you do is harass and insult members with trite and petty insults. I have not read a thing of value from you.

And then you were planning on sending me a predictable message just repeating the same insult back to me. Just a petty annoying virus is what you are, simple minded and hollow, 1804 posts but no depth at all, not even an avatar to show any personality at all. The only person here who actually cares about what you have to say is jimmycricket, and he is probably just an alt account of yours. How does it feel to be so...alone?

As far as Highschool goes, it was petty and trite, just like you. I aced all my tests and didn't give a care about them or my teachers, neither do I give a care about you, you are just as stupid and annoying as my teachers, the only difference is that I actually learned a little bit from them, whearas you have nothing to offer me, not even quality insults.
Systematic
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by Systematic »

HexHammer wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
HexHammer wrote: So you are basically saying that ALL chiefs and directors are compulsive liars, that's rich! Do you actually have any statistics to support this absurd claim? Sure sometimes leaders must lie or stretch the truth in order to keep things calm or motivate people, but being a compulsive liar ..no!
Yeah, that's what he's saying, and he'd be right. There's no reason's for leaders to lie to people and "motivate them". We call that propaganda and censorship. They aren't compulsive liars, but they'll lie if it helps them gain more profits and power. I can't believe I'm even having this conversation, I feel like I'm talking to a some random 14 year old I met at the store who doesn't know anything about anything.
Dude, back in the days when I used to work, I was in the quality department of a big newspaper, it requires a broad knowledge to judge others and their work, specially when ones gets in the face of the entire staff of chief and directors, else I'll be a head shorter.
That must have been tough on you. Telling other people whether their writing was fit for public consumption.
Systematic
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by Systematic »

thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: You remind me of some stupid brats I used to know in middle school.

Don't worry, It'll be better when you get to High School, they'll be just a bit more sophisticated and you'll have to actually think about what they say, or not.
Stay relevant to what they say you should think about. Don't think about what you figure out to be important.

You're hurling insults at the girl: Just like in middle school.
Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by Blaggard »

That's Numberwang!

Rotate the board!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6NY4Kl8Ms

"In that corner was the great Alan Turing's desk, where he sat, during the war, trying to degay himself with a lazer..."

Bertrand Russel.
Systematic wrote:
thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: You remind me of some stupid brats I used to know in middle school.

Don't worry, It'll be better when you get to High School, they'll be just a bit more sophisticated and you'll have to actually think about what they say, or not.
Stay relevant to what they say you should think about. Don't think about what you figure out to be important.

You're hurling insults at the girl: Just like in middle school.
Being a girl myself I quite agree, even though I am a 42 year old man. Gotta love the web. :P

"After Russel's 1400 page treatise: It Is Numberwang..."

Numberwang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9YeDGAu7U

"In a world that might end, only one man can find the answer..."

Prepare to be Wangernumbed.
User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3354
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by HexHammer »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: when you couldn't even provide a rebuttal to the paragraphs of text I sent you.

FYI, I don't see the text you send unless I deliberately click on your post, and I avoid doing that. So all your text is wasted, which is typical for you.
Willfully ignorant. I've been monitoring your posts, all you do is harass and insult members with trite and petty insults. I have not read a thing of value from you.

And then you were planning on sending me a predictable message just repeating the same insult back to me. Just a petty annoying virus is what you are, simple minded and hollow, 1804 posts but no depth at all, not even an avatar to show any personality at all. The only person here who actually cares about what you have to say is jimmycricket, and he is probably just an alt account of yours. How does it feel to be so...alone?

As far as Highschool goes, it was petty and trite, just like you. I aced all my tests and didn't give a care about them or my teachers, neither do I give a care about you, you are just as stupid and annoying as my teachers, the only difference is that I actually learned a little bit from them, whearas you have nothing to offer me, not even quality insults.
Must agree with Trix here.
Post Reply