Why are people scared of philosophy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Why are people scared of philosophy?

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote: the higher job the more intelligent, this does indeed reflect your total lack of understanding the concept of relevance, since you can't differ from crap to usefulness.

This is definitely wrong, as a draftsman I worked with several engineers who were not that smart, but got their jobs through connections. Sometimes the really intelligent people decide they don't want to move up the ladder and thus avoid reaching their level of incompetence.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

thedoc wrote:
Melchior wrote: I know nothing about you, sir.
Well the "sir" is unnecessary, I haven't been a sir for many years,
You can say that again.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Melchior wrote: I know nothing about you, sir.
Well the "sir" is unnecessary, I haven't been a sir for many years,
You can say that again.
Now who's following who around? I thought you claimed you were above all this.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

thedoc wrote:
HexHammer wrote: the higher job the more intelligent, this does indeed reflect your total lack of understanding the concept of relevance, since you can't differ from crap to usefulness.

This is definitely wrong, as a draftsman I worked with several engineers who were not that smart, but got their jobs through connections. Sometimes the really intelligent people decide they don't want to move up the ladder and thus avoid reaching their level of incompetence.
Then why are you always pouring nonsense and babble out here, then?
GreatandWiseTrixie

thedoc wrote: Now who's following who around? I thought you claimed you were above all this.
It's simply karma at work. It is no different than a space opera. If the planet of the apes wishes to intervene in another, more civilized world's affairs, the other world simply plays the same game of the apes. The Native Americans were too kind and forgiving towards the ape men, and thus was one of the reasons for their downfall (along with infighting amongst other tribes.)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

HexHammer wrote:...
Jobs usually defines ones intellect, the higher job the more intelligent, this does indeed reflect your total lack of understanding the concept of relevance, since you can't differ from crap to usefulness. ...
Not heard of the Peter Principle?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:... Truly the feminization of men indeed. ...
Ooo! You a fan of the Goaturder? A Blow Thyself forum member?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote:
Don't know much about the man, nor do I care whether the apes race is feminized or not. Though you should know that the method of estrogen admission behind the global feminization is not pure, but toxic xenoestrogen.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

thedoc wrote:
Melchior wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Well the "sir" is unnecessary, I haven't been a sir for many years, since I stopped teaching. I said a little about myself here, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9571 in the introduction thread. Anything else, just ask, I have little to hide.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Arising_uk wrote:
Jobs usually defines ones intellect, the higher job the more intelligent, this does indeed reflect your total lack of understanding the concept of relevance, since you can't differ from crap to usefulness. ...
So you suggest that ALL businesses are only filled with yes men, nepotism and peter principle?
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

HexHammer wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
So you suggest that ALL businesses are only filled with yes men, nepotism and peter principle?
Yes, isn't that right, dad?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:

Please tell me that you haven't intentionally read Satyr's drivel, I would think it was beneath the dignity of rational people. It's also my understanding that he and Apaosha run that forum.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:Ah Satyr, you've finally gone over, good for you.
Oh please let this be true! As I don't know which would be funnier, that he came back for a third time or came back as a woman. :lol:

Although to be honest I think GWT may be being tricksy but doubt the goaturder would be able to hide his 'light'.
Please tell me that you haven't intentionally read Satyr's drivel, I would think it was beneath the dignity of rational people. It's also my understanding that he and Apaosha run that forum.
Read it and engaged with pretty much most of it as the goaturder has been here twice, the first time was with his opus which we had much fun discussing, well I did but he appeared to get quite upset at times. The best part was when he painted himself into a corner and had to leave voluntarily, a first among phil-forums I think. He then returned, which was double-funny given what he'd said previously, and this time brought his herd with him, Apaosha, et al, apparently they have field trips of some kind, how sweet eh! This time tho' he and they came to Rick's notice so they all got banned, shame as you've gotta admit he can turn a funny insult at times and to be honest I think his stuff is rational if you believe the premises and he has, unlike many, at least read some philosophy and he is a proper functioning gnu to boot. From the looks of it tho' the mods have cleared everything past a certain date so all the jollies have been lost to posterity.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Systematic wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Systematic wrote: Being a girl myself I quite agree, even though I am a 42 year old man. Gotta love the web. :P
Guess you are one of those Python girls, "Michaelle" Palin perhaps.
I am not a she-male just for promoting women's rights.
I was joking but right on sister. :)

@Satyr just change your name to The Joker, or some shit and stop pretending you are sane, is my advice. I know you already did that but hell for the 8234758342340809238342 time, why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1pua2CZg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG1tWQN6e8

No offense but we have heard this diatribe before a million times, and one, + infinity. Change the record mate.

If you really don't care about anyone on the web or nobody one must ask why are you still here then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uihJgvbiMjs

"Crab People...Crab People...Taste like crab...Talk Like People'"

From Southpark is Gay.

If you really want to educate anyone, start making some fucking sense, or don't: it's your prerogative. ;)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:
thedoc wrote:Ah Satyr, you've finally gone over, good for you.
Oh please let this be true! As I don't know which would be funnier, that he came back for a third time or came back as a woman. :lol:

Although to be honest I think GWT may be being tricksy but doubt the goaturder would be able to hide his 'light'.
Read it and engaged with pretty much most of it as the goaturder has been here twice, the first time was with his opus which we had much fun discussing, well I did but he appeared to get quite upset at times. The best part was when he painted himself into a corner and had to leave voluntarily, a first among phil-forums I think. He then returned, which was double-funny given what he'd said previously, and this time brought his herd with him, Apaosha, et al, apparently they have field trips of some kind, how sweet eh! This time tho' he and they came to Rick's notice so they all got banned, shame as you've gotta admit he can turn a funny insult at times and to be honest I think his stuff is rational if you believe the premises and he has, unlike many, at least read some philosophy and he is a proper functioning gnu to boot. From the looks of it tho' the mods have cleared everything past a certain date so all the jollies have been lost to posterity.
Yes they do seem to have field trips to lure victims back to their forum. I remember browsing their forum once and they were discussing going to another forum to attract victims, and Apaosha was found out and banned, he had revealed the user I.D. he had registered as on Know thyself. Well that was just too much for me to resist, so I registered on their forum and started to make fun of them for thinking the members of the other forum were too dumb to monitor what they were planning on their own forum. It was fun for awhile, and when it got old I left and they "cleaned' up the thread, meaning they deleted most of the posts where they looked bad.

Another time on the now deleted 'Dissident Philosophy' forum I was promoted to mod. and started cleaning up Satyr's posts. Funny thing is that no-one complained, it's as if they didn't notice.