Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by MozartLink » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:37 pm

It is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great, special, and superior, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great, special, and superior. But when it comes to something that can be scientifically proven false such as you thinking that you are some alien from another planet, then that would obviously be false. But when it comes to things such as personal opinions about yourself and such, then it would be a scientific fact that whatever personal opinion you have about yourself that cannot be scientifically proven false, then that personal opinion holds true for you and makes you that person.

User avatar
NielsBohr
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:04 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by NielsBohr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:52 pm

ML,
I don't think this is a good idea to proselyte as you do. As a polite person, you should present yourself briefly in the introductions section.
MozartLink wrote:It is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great, special, and superior, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great, special, and superior.
-I see a circular reasoning here.
MozartLink wrote:But when it comes to something that can be scientifically proven false such as you thinking that you are some alien from another planet, then that would obviously be false. But when it comes to things such as personal opinions about yourself and such, then it would be a scientific fact that whatever personal opinion you have about yourself that cannot be scientifically proven false, then that personal opinion holds true for you and makes you that person.
-[Not scientifically false][scientifically not false]=[scientifically true].

Reflect better and before writing. :wink:

MozartLink
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by MozartLink » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm

NielsBohr wrote:ML,
I don't think this is a good idea to proselyte as you do. As a polite person, you should present yourself briefly in the introductions section.
MozartLink wrote:It is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great, special, and superior, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great, special, and superior.
-I see a circular reasoning here.
MozartLink wrote:But when it comes to something that can be scientifically proven false such as you thinking that you are some alien from another planet, then that would obviously be false. But when it comes to things such as personal opinions about yourself and such, then it would be a scientific fact that whatever personal opinion you have about yourself that cannot be scientifically proven false, then that personal opinion holds true for you and makes you that person.
-[Not scientifically false][scientifically not false]=[scientifically true].

Reflect better and before writing. :wink:
Aside from there being no outside scientific evidence to back up what I'm saying, you must have some reason to not believe what I'm saying. Therefore, what is that reason?

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2233
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Trondheim

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by The Voice of Time » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:19 pm

If you believe you are in a particular way, you may strive to act in that manner and only by the mercy of circumstances will you be able to succeed. But if you are arrogant, you'll strive to act in a manner that circumstances do not favour you in, and so you'll not succeed.

Meaning: you're wrong, at least partially. You can't succeed without also having a talent. That said, you can fail spectacularly though xD and sometimes that may be a small victory in itself, though maybe not the one you were hoping for.

I've never had a singing voice, but in early days, like before and after initially becoming a teenager, I wasn't afraid to try. For my spectacular failure, I received a special award at my Children's School Grand Prix, which is a local version of the national Grand Prix, which in turn is the Norwegian national version of the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), where nationals are selected to be sent to the European wide contest. The title of the award was something like "best show", and they made it especially for me, it was like a spontaneous special awards for my unusual dedication xD
Last edited by The Voice of Time on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NielsBohr
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:04 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by NielsBohr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:21 pm

MozartLink wrote: Aside from there being no outside scientific evidence to back up what I'm saying, you must have some reason to not believe what I'm saying. Therefore, what is that reason?
I don't know why you report all to "scientific proof", maybe a nervosa.

You omitted to write the hypothesis:
"You don't believe what I am saying" - this is not the case at all.

I am ready to believe you if you know what you are writing.

Effectively, the faith sometimes ignore the reason - you should know this - but may be more immediate... to show the reason.

You quoted that reason, knowing:
Not scientifically true, does not mean scientifically not true. But means exactly that there is others ways than science to recognize the truth, even among scientist.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:If you believe you are in a particular way, you may strive to act in that manner and only by the mercy of circumstances will you be able to succeed. But if you are arrogant, you'll strive to act in a manner that circumstances do not favour you in, and so you'll not succeed.

Meaning: you're wrong, at least partially. You can't succeed without also having a talent. That said, you can fail spectacularly though xD and sometimes that may be a small victory in itself, though maybe not the one you were hoping for.

I've never had a singing voice, but in early days, like before and after initially becoming a teenager, I wasn't afraid to try. For my spectacular failure, I received a special award at my Children's School Grand Prix, which is a local version of the national Grand Prix, which in turn is the Norwegian national version of the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), where nationals are selected to be sent to the European wide contest. The title of the award was something like "best show", and they made it especially for me, it was like a spontaneous special awards for my unusual dedication xD
Good point. You only have to watch the early stages of 'Idol' shows to see how deluded people can be about themselves. :)

MozartLink
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by MozartLink » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Now even if you were someone who did bad deeds, based on my reasonings, you would still be all great and special if you think you are. I know that I am just talking here with no scientific evidence to back any of it up (aside from the scientific fact that who you are as a person is your brain and that I have based all my arguments on that scientific fact alone), but we can still at least argue about this anyway even without such evidence.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by Blaggard » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Yeah it's rife with tautology, no offense Mozart.

I am great because I am great. If only science was that easy.

User avatar
hammock
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Heckville, Dorado; Republic of Lostanglia

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by hammock » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 pm

MozartLink wrote:Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Every man's a king in his mind. With natal luck or shrewd tactics or mass intimidation or hard work, occasionally it becomes so for the particular. Others genuflect to him.
Last edited by hammock on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MozartLink
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by MozartLink » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:37 am

Life is about finding your own path, empowerment, and strength in life and not giving a fuck about what others think of you and any "selfish" beliefs you might have (and, of course, helping others only if you wish and not caring about what others think if you instead choose not to help others and instead focus on yourself). This is all your own brain and your own life and you make whatever you want to make of it--not what others think who have a negative opinion of any "selfish" views you might have and such.

cladking
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 am

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by cladking » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 am

MozartLink wrote:It is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great, special, and superior, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great, special, and superior.
No!

Absolutely false and an idea only possible in modern language.

"I think therefore I am" defines a persective from which the nature of language can't be seen. Thought is language. You think therefore you stand on the shoulders of giants is more true.

In the ancient language they knew that all human progress and all human thought was based on language. It was "I am therefore I think". One doesn't make oneself and one doesn't conjure up 400 years of scientific process by learning the language. They thought because there was 40,000 years of human progress at their disposal. Language is the mother of necessity and the mother of invention is the individual.

We are all confused.

The belief you're better or smarter is especially off track since it's almost never true in any way. There's not even such a thing as intelligence and this is another confusion generated by language.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3244
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by HexHammer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 am

MozartLink wrote:It is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great, special, and superior, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great, special, and superior. But when it comes to something that can be scientifically proven false such as you thinking that you are some alien from another planet, then that would obviously be false. But when it comes to things such as personal opinions about yourself and such, then it would be a scientific fact that whatever personal opinion you have about yourself that cannot be scientifically proven false, then that personal opinion holds true for you and makes you that person.
This is pure nonsense and babble!
Many delusional people thinks they'r superior, but are too often utterly incompetent!

Get real!

commonsense
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by commonsense » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Feeling you are all great and superior makes you vulnerable to failure, especially at the hands of someone who is actually great and superior.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Yeah, I run into these buffoons often enough.

Age
Posts: 3147
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Feeling you are all great and superior makes you so

Post by Age » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 am

MozartLink wrote:
Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm
Now even if you were someone who did bad deeds, based on my reasonings, you would still be all great and special if you think you are.
What one thinks they are, does not necessarily mean that is what they are.

One may LIKE to think they are some thing, but what one may LIKE does not mean that they have the Truth.

One is NOT all "great" and "special", just because they think they are.

Firstly, what is "great" and "special"? What do those two words mean. They can only mean something in relation to some thing else.

Second, there is no one that is "greater" nor "more special" than other. Of course some might LIKE to THINK they are, but the Truth is they are NOT.

MozartLink wrote:
Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm
I know that I am just talking here with no scientific evidence to back any of it up (aside from the scientific fact that who you are as a person is your brain and that I have based all my arguments on that scientific fact alone), but we can still at least argue about this anyway even without such evidence.
Is there an actual scientific report written, which specifically states without any doubt at all; that a person is your brain?

If there is, then that report is already in contradiction of itself, and thus is not even worth reading.

By the way, have you been diagnosed with bi-polar yet?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests