Misconceiving Truth

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

WanderingLands

Misconceiving Truth

Post by WanderingLands »

There are those who want to know the truth, but many of them have not found it. They become frustrated and depressed. They are polarized into two directions: to either give up or self-destruct, as the journey is truly dark and is full of paradoxes and illusions that perplexes and at times depress people. Why the frustration? Why the depression? They know in their hearts that there is no end, but are too stubborn to go back to square one in searching for Truth.

The others who are either unconscious or unknowing of the seeker's dilemma, or those who don't believe in Absolute Truth (whatever type of philosophy or thought they have), see no value in the search for Truth. Those who don't believe that there is Truth either scoff or criticize with the seekers, and the seekers get even more angry as they feel that they are being somewhat "attacked". The rest, who are the pure masses that just live their small lives, just continue their small lives and just simply ignore the seekers, which alienates the seekers. Either way, the seekers feel misunderstood and alienated from society.

The external struggles reflect and amplify the internal struggles inside the seekers' hearts and mind (possibly Soul or Spirit). Again, why is Truth so hard to find, especially in the world where all sources of knowledge are specialized and separated into even more diverse and pluralistic particulars? Maybe it is because they expect that Truth is too great, and they afraid of hearing the Truth, as they seek salvation and instead find internal agony. Truth is surprising, but it is indeed simple: it has always been there in the endless, eternal Universe. We are all interconnected; a breathing organism of Oneness ~ that is the Truth. You may not literally fly away to Heaven, but that is because Heaven is indeed on Earth (or the Universe), and so once you realize that simple Truth, you will see that all of the particulars are interrelated and thus make more since than what you have made it out to be.
madera

Re: Misconceiving Truth

Post by madera »

WanderingLands wrote:There are those who want to know the truth, but many of them have not found it. They become frustrated and depressed. They are polarized into two directions: to either give up or self-destruct, as the journey is truly dark and is full of paradoxes and illusions that perplexes and at times depress people. Why the frustration? Why the depression? They know in their hearts that there is no end, but are too stubborn to go back to square one in searching for Truth.

The others who are either unconscious or unknowing of the seeker's dilemma, or those who don't believe in Absolute Truth (whatever type of philosophy or thought they have), see no value in the search for Truth. Those who don't believe that there is Truth either scoff or criticize with the seekers, and the seekers get even more angry as they feel that they are being somewhat "attacked". The rest, who are the pure masses that just live their small lives, just continue their small lives and just simply ignore the seekers, which alienates the seekers. Either way, the seekers feel misunderstood and alienated from society.

The external struggles reflect and amplify the internal struggles inside the seekers' hearts and mind (possibly Soul or Spirit). Again, why is Truth so hard to find, especially in the world where all sources of knowledge are specialized and separated into even more diverse and pluralistic particulars? Maybe it is because they expect that Truth is too great, and they afraid of hearing the Truth, as they seek salvation and instead find internal agony. Truth is surprising, but it is indeed simple: it has always been there in the endless, eternal Universe. We are all interconnected; a breathing organism of Oneness ~ that is the Truth. You may not literally fly away to Heaven, but that is because Heaven is indeed on Earth (or the Universe), and so once you realize that simple Truth, you will see that all of the particulars are interrelated and thus make more since than what you have made it out to be.
Truth about oneself is what many disregard and yet it is the most important truth one can see about oneself in order to overcome the fallen self that are the cause of most problem in life.
Pascal once said that many suffer needlessly because they can't sit still. If they could, most of their problems would fall away.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

madera wrote: Truth about oneself is what many disregard and yet it is the most important truth one can see about oneself in order to overcome the fallen self that are the cause of most problem in life.
Pascal once said that many suffer needlessly because they can't sit still. If they could, most of their problems would fall away.
Why yes. It is stillness that's this "Ultimate Reality", which is unchanging and not moving, but still vibrating infinitely which may seem like a roller coaster ride at first to the human being but after a while becomes the reality of the mind of said human. "Motion", in the sense of moving in the casual world, is impermanent and thus an illusion as it leaves no mark to the unchanging Oneness.
madera23

Post by madera23 »

WanderingLands wrote:
madera wrote: Truth about oneself is what many disregard and yet it is the most important truth one can see about oneself in order to overcome the fallen self that are the cause of most problem in life.
Why yes. It is stillness that's this "Ultimate Reality", which is unchanging and not moving, but still vibrating infinitely which may seem like a roller coaster ride at first to the human being but after a while becomes the reality of the mind of said human. "Motion", in the sense of moving in the casual world, is impermanent and thus an illusion as it leaves no mark to the unchanging Oneness.
There is movement in the stillness,
the spiritually intellectual will never experience it.
Sappho de Miranda

Post by Sappho de Miranda »

WanderingLands wrote:It is stillness that's this "Ultimate Reality", which is unchanging and not moving, but still vibrating infinitely
WTF???? Can you express that in logical form or at least show me in a Venn diagram how it is that things in reality are moving AND not moving? Or is this just another example of your half baked ideas poorly expressed in limited English. (Having been suckered in by you once now, I am twice shy)

Otherwise, I defer to Shakespeare who did express with depth and clarity more than 500 years ago, what you struggle to do now.

Polonius:
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Hamlet Act 1 Scene 3
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Sappho de Miranda wrote:
WTF???? Can you express that in logical form or at least show me in a Venn diagram how it is that things in reality are moving AND not moving? Or is this just another example of your half baked ideas poorly expressed in limited English. (Having been suckered in by you once now, I am twice shy)

Otherwise, I defer to Shakespeare who did express with depth and clarity more than 500 years ago, what you struggle to do now.

Polonius:
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Hamlet Act 1 Scene 3
The basis of this idea comes from looking at the difference between a line (linear motion) and a cycle (perpetual "motion"). Linear motion is temporary and impermanent due to the fact that lines themselves have a beginning and an end, whereas a cycle repeatedly revolves to the same "starting point", which thus makes it self-generating and thus permanent. The line is motion because everything changes and something new starts due to the various lines being added because of its temporary nature (perceived in the physical world), while the cycle is not so much in motion because though it self-generates itself it still repeats in a circle (the example of something like an "Ether").

The best diagram can be explained by using the Wave Structure of Matter theory, where matter or existence is made up of waves. You can look at Thomas Young's diagram of the double-slit experiment to see this as evident of the theory.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... plFsRLTH8Y

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... RhwIA36E6E

TBC (to be continued)
Sappho de Miranda

So, in answer to my question... No you can't give you idea logical form. Nor can you even produce a Venn diagram to support your claims. But you can google unrelated mathematical imagery and it seems that you can bamboozle with bullshit.

Really, if an idea lacks logic, then it lacks logic and all the drugs in the world can't change that no matter how attractive the illogical concept seems when you are high.

Me thinks it be time to seek out the philosophical minds of which you are not one. Sorry. :cry:
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Sappho de Miranda wrote:So, in answer to my question... No you can't give you idea logical form. Nor can you even produce a Venn diagram to support your claims. But you can google unrelated mathematical imagery and it seems that you can bamboozle with bullshit.

Really, if an idea lacks logic, then it lacks logic and all the drugs in the world can't change that no matter how attractive the illogical concept seems when you are high.

Me thinks it be time to seek out the philosophical minds of which you are not one. Sorry. :cry:

Or maybe it's because you are not listening to what I am saying, considering that I was going to to write a second part to it to show you how it's all interconnected later on (I'm at another place right now so I'll do so when I get home). You're just underestimating what I am saying instead of actually giving some thought to my philosophy.
Last edited by WanderingLands on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Truth = what is true = what is real = what 'is'

Facts, facts, and facts.

Not seein' the conundrum.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Second part:

What the pictures of multiple pictures show are multiple spherical standing waves creating many resonances, which represent the interconnectedness of energy vibrations which permeate all matter and all elements of the universe. Because they (the standing waves) are resonating, it is not really a motion as in linear motion, but more like a technical motion that's really vibrations and rhythmic interaction. This is the true nature of reality from which we are "emanated" from, in the sense that we are interconnected and bound by this etheric energy.

Some information that taps more into what I am saying can be viewed here.

WSM
Space & Motion: http://www.spaceandmotion.com/
Wave Structure of Matter by Ray Tomes: http://www.cyclesresearchinstitute.org/ ... WSM_RT.pdf

Websites on Ether
Aetherometry: http://www.aetherometry.com/
Orgone Energy: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienc ... eich06.htm
Walter Russell: Science: http://www.walter-russell.de/en/Naturwissenschaft.php
Sappho de Miranda

WanderingLands wrote:Or maybe it's because you are not listening to what I am saying, considering that I was going to to write a second part to it to show you how it's all interconnected later on (I'm at another place right now so I'll do so when I get home). You're just underestimating what I am saying instead of actually giving some thought to my philosophy.
Oh I was reading you alright, but I note that you ignored my request for a logical form to justify your claim that the universe moves and does not move. Why is that? Will you now provide a Venn diagram at least to show how it is that the universe moves AND does not move?
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Sappho de Miranda wrote: Oh I was reading you alright, but I note that you ignored my request for a logical form to justify your claim that the universe moves and does not move. Why is that? Will you now provide a Venn diagram at least to show how it is that the universe moves AND does not move?
Alright, I will further explain it to do, but it will not be in a Venn diagram form as this had took me a lot of thought and encompasses a lot of thought.

WE ARE MOVING because of the fact that we have individual will or energy that is within us to move, like for example, from Point A to Point B. We "move" because we are caught up in whatever small plot or situation that happens within our otherwise repeating everyday lives (such as going to work). It is in our sensual perception that makes us think that we move linear, and thus in constant forward motion.
WE ARE NOT MOVING in a more macrocosmic sense because everything that moves (outside of our individual perceptions) is in cycles. Examples would be in the study of astronomy, where we observe how there would be cycles of certain moving stars that we would see at night, or in the case of planetary motion. As humans, we may also tend to be in the same thinking paradigm all the time with our same beliefs and daily routines. A cycle does not move in the sense that a line continuously goes straight; it moves as in vibrating in rhythm.
The SYNTHESIS is the spherical standing waves which are represented in matter and energy (physical and/or etheric). It's the answer to this motion and non-motion paradox.

P.S. Refer to my other post (my part 2 response to you).

~~~AN ADDITION~~~
An addition to make an explanation for why the perceptions of reality in the microcosmic thinking (individual) is different with the macrocosmic thinking (entire reality), which relates to motion and non-motion.

The difference between the mind and the senses is that the senses only focuses on experiencing the here and now without giving much thought. You can still gather information from the senses as we always make impressions and reactions on the objects that we see, but they are limited in that because they focus on only experiencing what's present that the senses cannot think on a larger picture of reality that the mind can.

This is where there is a relation between the sense/mind dichotomy and the motion/non-motion paradox. The reason why the senses perceive linear motion to be real is that it is because of the fact that the senses experience the present that it does not reflect on any situation as the mind would do (by thinking). The senses are thus not conscious as the mind is since it is only limited to the present and not able to wonder about things. Many people are caught up in sense perception a lot more than mental contemplation, and so they perceive their individualist reality to be real as the senses are only utilized by individuals in the present. However, if one were to contemplate about the larger picture, as asking what's reality in general, then he would probably get a much larger view on things and can possibly tie things together.

How I got to the conclusion of the "movement/non-movement" paradox is simply by connecting the commonalities of people and the commonalities of physical things like matter and elements. It is known as "Occam's Razor" where you deduce all of the seemingly separate particulars to find the universal, or the concept of the One. It gets back to the simple Truth as the formal subject of this thread: that Truth is simple in plain sight, that the All is One.
Sappho de Miranda

WanderingLands wrote:
WE ARE NOT MOVING in a more macrocosmic sense because everything that moves (outside of our individual perceptions) is in cycles.
cycle
ˈsʌɪk(ə)l/Submit
noun

move in or follow a regularly repeated sequence of events.
You are illogical sir. To cycle is to move. Either that or you fail to stipulate the way in which you intend to use the word cycle.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Sappho de Miranda wrote:
cycle
ˈsʌɪk(ə)l/Submit
noun

move in or follow a regularly repeated sequence of events.
You are illogical sir. To cycle is to move. Either that or you fail to stipulate the way in which you intend to use the word cycle.
Alright well, please note that I'm not really taking it in a literal, etymological sense, which is a moot point since words like 'cycle' (and pretty much almost all words) have very vague definitions which give room for more metaphysical contemplation on it, which is what I am doing here.
Sappho de Miranda

Therefore, you fail to stipulate the way in which you intend to use the word cycle. And I note that you quite often fail to stipulate the way in which you intend to use words that would otherwise have common everyday meanings. As a result, you fail to ensure that your reader understands you.

I'm struggling to understand why you did not use that opportunity to stipulate the meaning you intend of the 'cycle'. It is as though I have to ask you outright... So I will.

When you use the word cycle, what meaning are you ascribing to it?

Be mindful too that the aim of philosophy is to be understood in language that is in common everyday usage. There should be little need to stipulate a meaning on a commonly understood word.