syncranicity of events

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: syncranicity of events

Post by Arising_uk »

Hjarloprillar wrote:Foghorn

RTFM. ?
Apparently now-a-days it means Read The Friendly Manual but in my day it was expressed in a more colloquial way.
jackles

Post by jackles »

in your day. ive always thought you a student or something.maybe a teacher.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Way back as a mainframe computer operator before the advent of the PC the phrase was RTFM to those who claimed ignorance of technology.

Personally I think of you as a probable NEET.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I must say that Hammocks sexist avatars are rather offensive. I'm not PC either.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I must say that Hammocks sexist avatars are rather offensive. I'm not PC either.

You are quite right, Hammock's avatars are sexist and offensive, but I think they should be much larger so that we can get a better view of what offends some of you, - er, us.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"I must say that Hammocks sexist avatars are rather offensive."

Nope: too tame...gimme a full-blown beaver shot.
hammock

Post by hammock »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I must say that Hammocks sexist avatars are rather offensive. I'm not PC either.
Heh. It was a somewhat politically active [bisexual] feminist who introduced me to retro pin-up art. She got a kick out of its vintage, innocent-rated "naughtiness" as compared to the "explicit vulgarities of today" (as she put it). Before that, I'd never even heard of such sudden, gravity-defying spectacles, much less known that they had been illustrated / historically recorded decades prior by chaps like Art Frahm, Gil Elvgren, etc. ;)
Arising_uk

Re:

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:Nope: too tame...gimme a full-blown beaver shot.
Whatever floats your boat.

Although due to infantilising sexuality and paedophilliac fashion trends a dying species I've heard.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

HA!

There you go!

That's one nice beaver!

#

"a dying species"

Yeah, Brazilians and NAMGLA are drivin' legitimate muff-divers into the closet.

What a world... :cry:
hammock

Post by hammock »

That's a furry beaver, though. The dominant appearance for the last 25 years or so has been more like the sphynx. But indeed a trend / fixation I wouldn't mind see going into decline when it comes to spotting rodent / feline critters. Evolution gave them a hairy coat for a reason.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I ain't gettin' the whole 'hairless kitty' thing.

As you say: "Evolution gave them a hairy coat for a reason."

When I go to pettin' a kitty, I like to run my fingers through that fur, and, when I'm pickin' my teeth after the fact, I like the follicular reminder of what I'd been doin' earlier.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

And, I must say, your new non-sexist avatar is rather offensive (cuz it's non-sexist).
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhyCL-ELRxg

Hehe. :)
henry quirk wrote:I ain't gettin' the whole 'hairless kitty' thing.

As you say: "Evolution gave them a hairy coat for a reason."

When I go to pettin' a kitty, I like to run my fingers through that fur, and, when I'm pickin' my teeth after the fact, I like the follicular reminder of what I'd been doin' earlier.
Well as my dear old grandma used to say, when there's grass on the wicket it's time to play cricket. She was a wise old bird in many ways. ;)

IMHO if you aint picking hairs out of your teeth you are probably not doing it right and the same can be said of the fairer sex. ;)
hammock

Re:

Post by hammock »

henry quirk wrote:And, I must say, your new non-sexist avatar is rather offensive (cuz it's non-sexist).
It's time to navigate these rocky waters with the solution of the movie / television industry. 8)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

hammock wrote:
Heh. It was a somewhat politically active [bisexual] feminist who introduced me to retro pin-up art. She got a kick out of its vintage, innocent-rated "naughtiness" as compared to the "explicit vulgarities of today" (as she put it). Before that, I'd never even heard of such sudden, gravity-defying spectacles, much less known that they had been illustrated / historically recorded decades prior by chaps like Art Frahm, Gil Elvgren, etc. ;)
Perhaps I over-reacted. You are right, it is tame by today's (double) standards. Who could forget the Benny Hill Show? Btw, the guy's undies aren't falling down so it's not balanced. :lol: