Our lack of Purpose

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hjarloprillar

Our lack of Purpose

Post by Hjarloprillar »

What purpose/goal does humanity have?
none but survival it seems.

How can we tout reason as "a game changer" when we in action behave like cockroaches.

where is our imagination and chutzpah...f***** if i know
HexHammer

Re: Our lack of Purpose

Post by HexHammer »

This question has been posed and answerd over the millenial, since you havn't googled it, it only means you want a cozy chat and attention, not the answer.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

So google is your bible?

I prefer to think for myself

The most important question of all.. i don't ask questions for no reason dude.
If you cant offer meaningful pov.. go away
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

Meaning is a desire to keep something in place, at least in all practical sense. Meaning usually implies that somebody bestows the meaning. So when asked in a general sense it does not really make sense as a question unless you believe in god and all that. Therefore, meaning gets a special meaning gets a special meaning :) and this would be one that can serve the same function as a linguistic meaning without being one. In a way, things get attached unto themselves a label whose describing title tells us what consequence it has for our understanding without pertaining to linguistic truth... or a dictionarial truth in other words.

The meaning of life and living becomes the act of keeping things in place and the desire that pushes it through, as this is mainly what you do when living and being alive, at least you as an individual.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

WoW

Why so much negativity. To humanity having a goal higher than survival.

Where is imagination. Gone/ in miasma of media garbage about earth and the new frontier.
I see no aliens..
lets get out there and do what we do best. no be owned by comfort and bureacracy
The Voice of Time

As normal your lack of syntax and incoherency in writing means i have no idea what you're talking about.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Could you comment on a goal for humanity.
And not waste your time in futile attempt to undermine my words with
you lack of ability to understand. I posted this on 3 forums. you are only poster that suffers your disability.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Hjarloprillar wrote:So google is your bible?

I prefer to think for myself

The most important question of all.. i don't ask questions for no reason dude.
If you cant offer meaningful pov.. go away
- the simple answers are there, but you are obviously not interested in them, and this thread is proof that you don't like to think, and let others do the job for you.

So you don't ask questions for a reason? That is illogical, LOL!

This is meaningful discussion, it's like asking if people in Denmark if they'r stupid if they come begging for money and food, there's plenty of jobs they can take.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Does it need one? If so can you explain why Hjarloprillar?

Moxie, Chutzpah meh, you are either a shlamiel or a sucker, oy vey! ;)
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

The Voice of Time wrote:As normal your lack of syntax and incoherency in writing means i have no idea what you're talking about.
Well I am English and I immediately understood what he meant, perhaps the fault is with you not the H? Seems pretty self evident to me, although I may be wrong?

No offence meant..?
The Voice of Time

Blaggard wrote:
The Voice of Time wrote:As normal your lack of syntax and incoherency in writing means i have no idea what you're talking about.
Well I am English and I immediately understood what he meant, perhaps the fault is with you not the H? Seems pretty self evident to me, although I may be wrong?

No offence meant..?
I'm not very good at understanding people who jumps into mid-sentence. I'm dependent on knowing the full sentence. I don't know how to respond to mid-sentence talk, it appears to me as incoherency... it's not about trying, I simply can't understand what it means, what Harja-guy means. Like a sudden extreme case of dyslexia. It's beyond me how you can understand it.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

The Voice of Time wrote:
Blaggard wrote:

No offence meant..?
I'm not very good at understanding people who jumps into mid-sentence. I'm dependent on knowing the full sentence. I don't know how to respond to mid-sentence talk, it appears to me as incoherency... it's not about trying, I simply can't understand what it means, what Harja-guy means. Like a sudden extreme case of dyslexia. It's beyond me how you can understand it.
Meh fair enough. I am dyslexic, but I don't think that is the problem. It seems straight forward in any prose, although I may be wrong, and I shouldn't want to antagonise you because you don't understand it, you have every right to ask for clarification, I was just making a point of order where by I got it. English people jump in mid sentence all the time, it's an odd language and completely odd at that, and we expect others perhaps to just get tight with the half sentences, and I am pretty sure that confuses a lot of non native speakers..?

You could be right though, sometimes maybe dyslexic people don't need the start of sentences or context just to intrinsically get the meaning per se, it's a fascinating idea, one I must investigate in future, till then carry on carrying on VoT I am sure the OP will explain himself by and by. :)
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

VoT

Stop attacking poster
[It's been done a hundred times and achieves nothing. In many many threads on many forums your line of 'i don't understand' is a small minority.
One astrophysicist said my way of saying/explaining singularities was best he had ever heard]

and maybe propose a goal for our race.

love

Prill
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hjarloprillar wrote:What purpose/goal does humanity have?
Why should it?
none but survival it seems.
More like, to reproduce before dying.
How can we tout reason as "a game changer" when we in action behave like cockroaches.
To paraphrase Wittgenstein - the world of the optimist is a different one from that of the pessimist. For every bad action one can find a good one, its just that we prefer to read about the bad.
where is our imagination and chutzpah...f***** if i know
In the Sciences and the Arts.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Foghorn

"What purpose/goal does humanity have?"

your reply. "Why should it?"

It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.
Leonardo da Vinci

[if your going to quote]

Prill