This site doesn't promote philosophy

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by HexHammer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Philosphy = love of wisdom

There are no wisdom to be found here, only nonsens and babble spewed from glaringly ignorent people or madmen who put fairytale nonsens in the science they'r read.

Please make a new section where we can put all the babbleheads, so they may spew their prolific brain diahria, there.

John K
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Gruithuisen's Lunar City.

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by John K » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:46 pm

HexHammer wrote:Philosphy = love of wisdom

There are no wisdom to be found here, only nonsens and babble spewed from glaringly ignorent people or madmen who put fairytale nonsens in the science they'r read.

Please make a new section where we can put all the babbleheads, so they may spew their prolific brain diahria, there.
He he he... I couldn't make this shit up. :lol:

Ginkgo
Posts: 2523
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by Ginkgo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:19 am

HexHammer wrote:Philosphy = love of wisdom

There are no wisdom to be found here, only nonsens and babble spewed from glaringly ignorent people or madmen who put fairytale nonsens in the science they'r read.

Please make a new section where we can put all the babbleheads, so they may spew their prolific brain diahria, there.

How would you propose to separate the wheat from the chaff?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by HexHammer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:24 am

Ginkgo wrote:How would you propose to separate the wheat from the chaff?
Promote someone of reasonable intellect and make this person do the deed.

Maybe you are really asking how such person can see reason from babble?

Ginkgo
Posts: 2523
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by Ginkgo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:28 am

HexHammer wrote:
Maybe you are really asking how such person can see reason from babble?
That's a good question. Do you have an answer?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by HexHammer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:01 am

Ginkgo wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Maybe you are really asking how such person can see reason from babble?
That's a good question. Do you have an answer?
I for one think I am of reasonable intellect, and in most instances can see reason from babble, but that's only in logical matters, if we talk astrophysics or engineering on high lvl, it requires specific knowledge that I don't possess.

Else one must have following skills:

- see things objectivly.
- not speak emotionally, but intellectually.
- be neutral, not side with anyone or anything.
- have a broad knowledge base.
- have sufficient cognitive abilities to grasp the deeper meaning with things.
- thinking hollisticly.
- have huge amount of rationallity.
..etc.

Felasco
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by Felasco » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:36 pm

How would you propose to separate the wheat from the chaff?
It's called an editor.

A writer selects words to create an article. An editor selects articles to create a publication. And/or, an editor may select writers to create a publication. Each editor will have their own method for separating the wheat from the chaff, just as each writer has their own way of selecting the appropriate words for their articles.

Readers select writers and editors based on how well the choices the writers and editors make serve that audience.

Editors are the heart of any quality publication in any media, including of course the magazine that hosts this site. However...

You could NEVER have an editor on a forum, because that would be an abomination against God, a violation of the United States Constitution, an attack upon freedom of speech, an evil spell cast by degenerate apostate blasphemers, and a violation of natural law which would lead directly to the destruction of all reality.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by thedoc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Felasco wrote:
How would you propose to separate the wheat from the chaff?
It's called an editor.

A writer selects words to create an article. An editor selects articles to create a publication. And/or, an editor may select writers to create a publication. Each editor will have their own method for separating the wheat from the chaff, just as each writer has their own way of selecting the appropriate words for their articles.

Readers select writers and editors based on how well the choices the writers and editors make serve that audience.

Editors are the heart of any quality publication in any media, including of course the magazine that hosts this site. However...

You could NEVER have an editor on a forum, because that would be an abomination against God, a violation of the United States Constitution, an attack upon freedom of speech, an evil spell cast by degenerate apostate blasphemers, and a violation of natural law which would lead directly to the destruction of all reality.

Finally, you are seeing reality for what is really there.

Felasco
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by Felasco » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:10 pm

You're wrong! This site doesn't promote pornography!!!

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by HexHammer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Felasco wrote:You could NEVER have an editor on a forum, because that would be an abomination against God, a violation of the United States Constitution, an attack upon freedom of speech, an evil spell cast by degenerate apostate blasphemers, and a violation of natural law which would lead directly to the destruction of all reality.
Not quite, this is a philosophy forum, therefore the content of the material must be philosophical, and your "freedom of speech" are nullifyed.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11964
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:54 pm

There's a better solution, make the site available to post to by subscribers to the PN magazine only or make it a subscription only forum. That should sort the wheat from the chaff or at least make the chaff pay for their bread and babble.

Personally I think this would pretty much get rid of everyone who is complaining about this forum but not posting anything to show how its done.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by thedoc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Arising_uk wrote:There's a better solution, make the site available to post to by subscribers to the PN magazine only or make it a subscription only forum. That should sort the wheat from the chaff or at least make the chaff pay for their bread and babble.

Personally I think this would pretty much get rid of everyone who is complaining about this forum but not posting anything to show how its done.

Perhaps the mod's could charge a subscription fee for anyone who complains about how the forum is run. That would satisfy everyone, the freeloaders would get a free ride, and those who want a better quality forum would get it. The more you pay, the more it's worth.

Felasco
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by Felasco » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Perhaps the mod's could charge a subscription fee for anyone who complains about how the forum is run.
And of course those who complain about the complainers.
Personally I think this would pretty much get rid of everyone who is complaining about this forum but not posting anything to show how its done.
How it's done is to post a step by step detailed list of specific suggestions based on professional experience in the field.

How it's done is to hold the hand of those who were dropped on their head as a baby, and explain to them again and again, over and over, why it wouldn't help anything for any of us to post world class philosophy with impeccable manners.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by thedoc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Felasco wrote:
Perhaps the mod's could charge a subscription fee for anyone who complains about how the forum is run.
And of course those who complain about the complainers.

But then I would have to give up being a freeloader.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: This site doesn't promote philosophy

Post by thedoc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Felasco wrote: why it wouldn't help anything for any of us to post world class philosophy with impeccable manners.

Just curious, when are you going to start?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests