Total votes: 3

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Yep...just love a concrete example.
Advocate

Re: Mother of all philosophy

Post by Advocate »

[quote=gdbismi post_id=149090 time=1382543834 user_id=9487]
This might appear as a stupid thought to most of you. But this is the truth, no matter what your argument is.
"By birth every living organism has equal right on every atom in this world( or whatever an atom can be subdivided into)" except maybe another man's wife, children, innerwear and some other exceptions.
For example if someone digs out something somewhere from the earth and uses it for his or her personal gains, that is totally unacceptable. That includes said governments taxing people. Shouldn't the people be the ones asking for royalties since their resources are being used and they have an equal share of everything.
BUT SINCE MOST OF YOU ARE IN A POSITION IN WHICH YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE A LARGER PIECE OF CAKE, THESE LINES ARE AGAINST YOU. COZ U KNOW " SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST".
But if you are the one feeding on crumbs then .....

Next thing : "The Right To Roam"

No restrictions for anyone to visit anywhere.
Except maybe children near nuclear rods, coz that's dangerous.
And one more thing. Separation of people by nations is utter stupidity, if you ask me. In a perfect world I think there will never be such a separation, except in the case of identifying geographical areas,IN case global positioning is a little geeky, and not how the current world is.

Although the implementations of these thoughts may prove chaotic, this is the truth and this will set you free. jk.
enjoy and have a happy life.
[/quote]

You're right on both counts.

When the world is considered owned by special interests before you're even born, your only escape from effective slavery is luck. You have to have someone else's permission just to Be anywhere.

Political boundaries should be based on managerial necessity or aesthetic preferences, not ancient imaginary lines. If you're not free to roam, you're not free. If you're not free to fuck up, you're not free.

If you (gdbismi) are still around these parts, we should talk.
Advocate

Re:

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=149201 time=1382641650 user_id=472]
A 'right' is made up thing

Name any 'right' you care to, and I'll shred it.

As I say elsewhere (as it pertains to equality, it also pertains to 'right'): fictions can be useful things but never should a fiction be mistaken for reality.
[/quote]

A right it's a social agreement by necessity. Without it, people wouldn't want to live in that society.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Arising_uk post_id=149205 time=1382643100 user_id=12]
The right to ones property?
[/quote]

Ownership is best understood as certainty of access and control.
henry quirk

correctin' myself

Post by henry quirk »

A 'right' is made up thing

nope, wrong, Henry: a man belongs to himself...this is fact; his life, liberty, property are his...he has a right to them

Name any 'right' you care to, and I'll shred it.

oh, Henry: I'm so glad you're (I'm) wrong on this

As I say elsewhere (as it pertains to equality, it also pertains to 'right'): fictions can be useful things but never should a fiction be mistaken for reality.

Henry, it's true equality (of capacity, of talent, of experience, or opportunity, etc.) is horseshit: but personhood stands apart from these measures

a man's soul can't be measured
gdbismi

Post by gdbismi »

[/quote]

My views still remain the same. Things have changed, I have changed a lot too, nowadays my thought process goes this way - think about you, yourself and yourself alone. I am a Bank Manager now, and i am licensed to yell at people with almost no repercussions and I enjoy it. Now I know that this is the answer to, why people tend to jump on the 'work hard and get paid' bandwagon and defend it with such vigor.
One night I was out to get something to eat with my mom. We saw two old homeless men, one was ok and the other one was disabled, i wasn't even able to make out his gender at first sight. My mom gave two loaves of bread to the one who was begging. He ate one and gave the other to his mate. They were smiling with such happiness. It was so heavenly and I have never ever seen such PURE happiness, it was so pure that it has been bothering me ever since, I was unable to forget what I saw. When i narrated this incident to my wife, her immediate response was, you should have recorded it on your mobile phone, this is what people have turned into.
Put everything aside and stare at the sky. Nothing makes sense when you realize that your identity is as simple as a piece of brain with a bit of spine hanging from it. You work hard - you feed your family, you work the hardest- you change the world. Does anything matter? not at all. You die someday and will still be buried in the dirt and rot.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=gdbismi post_id=474013 time=1601624321 user_id=9487]
[/quote]

My views still remain the same. Things have changed, I have changed a lot too, nowadays my thought process goes this way - think about you, yourself and yourself alone. I am a Bank Manager now, and i am licensed to yell at people with almost no repercussions and I enjoy it. Now I know that this is the answer to, why people tend to jump on the 'work hard and get paid' bandwagon and defend it with such vigor.
One night I was out to get something to eat with my mom. We saw two old homeless men, one was ok and the other one was disabled, i wasn't even able to make out his gender at first sight. My mom gave two loaves of bread to the one who was begging. He ate one and gave the other to his mate. They were smiling with such happiness. It was so heavenly and I have never ever seen such PURE happiness, it was so pure that it has been bothering me ever since, I was unable to forget what I saw. When i narrated this incident to my wife, her immediate response was, you should have recorded it on your mobile phone, this is what people have turned into.
Put everything aside and stare at the sky. Nothing makes sense when you realize that your identity is as simple as a piece of brain with a bit of spine hanging from it. You work hard - you feed your family, you work the hardest- you change the world. Does anything matter? not at all. You die someday and will still be buried in the dirt and rot.
[/quote]

Nihilism is a good start to philosophy and a terrible end to it. Let's get back to your utopian ideas.