A Philosophy of Love Management: Human Orbiting

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

A Philosophy of Love Management: Human Orbiting

Post by The Voice of Time »

I came across a metaphor today which I liked. In every moment, we, human beings, are "hooked on" to some thing of interest, some object for which we expose ourselves (to our senses and awareness) to and obsess about, and especially in our social lives, we can only keep a limited number of people and a limited number of aspects of those people on our minds at any point of time.

The metaphor that came to my mind is that in so doing, in hooking our minds onto some person, we are essentially orbiting them, like space objects, we are attracted towards them in that we seek to expose ourselves or obsess ourselves more and more about them, creating in so doing a temporal relationship defining process that like gravity pull you towards the sources of the information about the person and friction shape fitness for targeted states of ideas (how we'd like to cognition about it) and reality about the relations (how we come about experiencing it in the real world).

From any orbiting we seem to be able to "jump" off to another object with our attention, and in so doing we take time to find balance with the new object, like a brief moment of preparation, which in a strict mechanical view could be called the "loading/unloading" process, but seems to me to be more of a process of gathering orientation after the sudden "jump".

More people see their ordinary lives reflected in this? You think it can be useful to view relations like that?

Because it's so soon I don't know the full extent of this, but I think I will find it very useful in my inquiries into human social relations management, something which has taken my interest lately. I imagine viewing it so that you think of it in more scientific terms as a "unit" of our time and effort spent synchronizing and preparing ourselves for both basic and advanced socializing with others.

I believe that as a part of the evolution of humans, of citizens, of people, into more independence, as seen politically (freedom of choice and freedom from persecution, as well as the very important separation of concerns), socially (we can easily find other people to socialize with if we want, and we tend to have more and more relations with more and more people, diversifying our sources) and economically (social security guarantees stable and reliable economy, female empowerment guarantees income), that as part of this independence, to increase the reliability and prolonged flexibility of such development, we need more direct management of our affairs, and such terms can help giving us an idea of how we can manage it.