~~~ Fit to Live ~~~

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~~~ Fit to Live ~~~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.....................................................................................Image

Only those are fit to live who are not afraid to die.
..................................................................~~~ Douglas MacArthur ~~~

Skip

Re: ~~~ Fit to Live ~~~

Post by Skip »

BS and meaningless. Bastard was confident of having more guns, is all.
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

Common sense would tell you this thread indicates that this forum is not moderated.
We have a guy such that 90% of his contributions to this forum is random animated GIFs lifted off the internet with little 8-word slogans nearby.
The slogans sometimes match the random GIF and sometimes not. He runs around making entire threads like this, unabated by moderators.

Yet the moment I start a thread regarding prostitution or trafficking of minors, the shadowy moderators materialize out of the woodwork and start locking threads.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Guy such as this here.

I'm guessing your threads regarding prostitution or trafficking of minors, although initially sound interesting, could easily land the moderators or owner of this forum into a legal bind existing in the very REAL world.

Now that I have you here why are your threads so long, convoluted, & boring?

This is the internet here young lady. First rule: Be interesting.

Give us your website. Openly declare your legal name. Write about prostitution, trafficking of minors and anything related that your little heart desires.

As boring as my threads may appear to you I attempt to present my threads in an artistic way & I ingrain a non-linear aspect to them
whenever possible.

................................................................................................

Just for the record - We have the best moderators in the entire internet forum community. However much they get paid it is not enough.

.........................................................................................I LOVE THE WAY THE MODERATORS MODERATE.

Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

I must apologize. I thought this was a philosophy forum but I guess not.
I guess this is your little performance art venue. Silly me.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Apology accepted, but I must admit, it may be a bit misplaced.

You articulate your opinion here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

That is what ALL of us do here.

I have the pleasure of initiating the largest independent tread in the entire history of the Philosophy Now Forums.

It started as an image. That's it. The title was, What's stopping us from seeing the truth. And that was all.

The thread would STILL BE GROWING if it was not blocked.

I appreciate the fact that you attacked me instead of directly addressing the scope of this particular thread.

I know you are frustrated.

That will go away when you have a significantly successful thread. Good luck with that.

Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

[';
;
';';';';
;'
';
;'
'
;
Last edited by Kuznetzova on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

There is no way to really discuss ethics and morality with any kind of honest objectivity without offending the "mainstream"

I agree.

Excellent point.

Philosophy forums should be that place where you can say what cannot be said at dinner parties and on cable TV talk shows.

Again, I appreciate your insight and I think you are correct.

What's stopping us from seeing the truth? To some degree, you have already answered that question. You don't want the truth, really. Deep down you don't want it. You want to be entertained and amused. Brutal honestly sometimes hurts, you don't want any discomfort. You consider this forum your little playpen where you can be entertained, have fun, and engage in a popularity contest.

I agree with ALL of that. I would add, ALL of us share this position.

I don't mean to be reflectively literal but much of what you have posted makes a lot of sense.

One thing you state that I TOTALLY disagree with: Even if the truth were posted here in plain English, you wouldn't have any use for it,

* I don't believe the Truth can be verbalized.

Also, when you make a statement like: when you get up from your chair, you are "done doing philosophy" and you go back and interact with your wife, your employer, and your friends in precisely the manner dictated by your local culture. You don't need the truth because you don't have any use for it in practice.

You don't know me.

Kayla

Post by Kayla »

the guy is heavily into unions and shit

he can only think in slogans

isnt the main purpose of unions chanting slogans and getting into peoples faces?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

As you so articulately stated above, my life is immersed in Organized Labor.

I have a little bit different take on the organizing aspect of Organized Labor now.

Getting into someone's face doesn't work. However, much of the present organizing aspect often appears to be just that.

I recognize the spiritual aspect of Organized Labor.

Organizing is something individuals should partake within themselves; an individual spiritual path.

.................................................................................

Kayla

Post by Kayla »

i moved from right to work state to another

the idea of right to work makes perfect sense

if my coworkers want to go on strike the idea that i also must do so for no other reason that they did is absurd

the usual (only?) defense of no right to work is that the no right to work states of the eastern seaboard have 5% higher ways

they also have a 25%+ the cost of living of the right to work states so that argument is bullshit
Skip

Post by Skip »

Yes, but even if you never read a book, there are some fine movies that present social and political ideas in an entertaining narrative.
I recommend Bulworth and Wag the Dog.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I think that people who don't like unions SHOULD live in right-to-work states.

I have stated many times upon this forum that I am so excited to have individuals who don't like the benefits of Organized Labor to, one day, in the very new future, exist in a reality that does not incorporate the liberal freedoms of the concepts & contracts of today's modern Organized Labor agreements. THAT I am always excited to see.

Organized Labor is a very individual spiritual path. Not everyone walks it.

Letter, found recently in a toy sold at K-MART.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Give us your website. Openly declare your legal name. Write about...
My website is http://church-of-ouzo.com. My legal name is Robert Merlin Evenson. As a prophet, I write about spiritual, political and economic matters.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Duly noted.

I really respect you for coming-out and stating your legal name.

Also, you adhered yourself to a philosophical system that you investigated & feel comfortable with.

On top of that you have a link of sorts that relates to your spiritual philosophy.

You & I are a lot alike.
I'm surprised that no one here at the Philosophy Now Forums have made the above relationships.

I have immersed myself with the things that support my spiritual philosophy.

I have done that to my own reality.

Again, like you, I have defended my spiritual philosophy.

In my mind, you and I may alone have the emotional and mental make-up to be the lone true philosophers here.

Now, I really don't try to push my philosophy onto other people. It just doesn't work.

You have the ability to create good, philosophical threads that don't relate to your personal spiritual belief.

Just a thought, but...you have alienated EVERY MEMBER of this forum. Mission accomplished.

Perhaps now would be an appropriate time to install your own personal spiritual beliefs inside you. Where they belong.