Smartness & a--holedness—are they somehow connected ...?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FrankGSterleJr

Smartness & a--holedness—are they somehow connected ...?

Post by FrankGSterleJr »

Are IQ scores and propensity towards blatantly malicious conduct against all sentient beings directly (or even non-directly) proportional?
The Voice of Time

Re: Smartness & a--holedness—are they somehow connected ...?

Post by The Voice of Time »

I wouldn't think so. Of course, both maniacal cleverness and complete dumbness will both highly affect, given the right circumstances, the magnitude of which you will do something "malicious". Maniacal cleverness might give you an excessive need to excel at some art or science or manner of being while ignoring things in so doing, while complete dumbness will not give you the ability to think of the opportunity of doing something else than what you do at any point, it blinds you from perspective.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

FrankGSterleJr wrote:Are IQ scores and propensity towards blatantly malicious conduct against all sentient beings directly (or even non-directly) proportional?
I don't know for sure, but there's that old saying that goes something like, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity." Could the clinically insane be considered a--holes?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=SpheresOfBalance post_id=138700 time=1370055580 user_id=6407]
[quote="FrankGSterleJr"]Are IQ scores and propensity towards blatantly malicious conduct against all sentient beings directly (or even non-directly) proportional?[/quote]
I don't know for sure, but there's that old saying that goes something like, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity." Could the clinically insane be considered a--holes?
[/quote]

I take smart to be a combination of intelligence and knowledge, neither of which has any particular moral direction on it's own.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Advocate wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:13 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:59 am
FrankGSterleJr wrote:Are IQ scores and propensity towards blatantly malicious conduct against all sentient beings directly (or even non-directly) proportional?
I take smart to be a combination of intelligence and knowledge, neither of which has any particular moral direction on it's own.
I think Frank was venting because he felt that some people on the forum were being a--holes.