Why truth is necessary?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: Why truth is necessary?

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:17 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:03 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 pm What’s taking you so long to reply?
If you don't want to wait, be on your way, and come back when you want/need, if ever.
So you think it's all about you huh?

Not that it's any of your business, but in truth I never learned how to touch type, and I'm not just giving you my time, I have other things I'm doing. I'm almost 63 and eyes are going south, the glasses I'm currently using were the first prescription glasses I was ever given by the VA, like 6-7 years ago, they're scuffed so a little foggy, plus sight has diminished. My health concerns are largely due to being subjected to some nasty chemicals during my first enlistment. Try and save the people, and die a little, or altogether, you know the drill.
Sorry to hear about your trouble with scuffed glasses. I know what you mean. I have trouble getting my VA hearing aids to work. At least they’re free (I’m 100% disabled. I jumped off of Huey skids too many times—more than 100 times over the 365 days I spent in Vietnam during the bloodiest year of the whole war).
OK, well if you are indeed sharing the truth, unafraid of it, then my hats off to you, and I'm sorry for your sacrifice and apparent loss, but don't let it sour your milk, as there are many that still require your wisdom, not your bitterness. Should I now look into my mirror, to see the real me???? What do you think?
SpheresOfBalance

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm

Mr/s. Spheres. I friended you because you seemed like you had good sense in another thread but surely you realize if someone is worth cussing at they're worth not talking to first?!
Advocate,

If you, too, think I am worth cussing at, then I truly owe an apology.
Dunno, this thread is too much for me to follow. It's a general point.
In these threads, people tend to wander. I didn't like one sentence, as it stood all by itself, without further refinement. It was entirely the wrong thing to convey as if acceptable. So I pounced on it as if to cut it's throat, the predator that it surely was.

And so here the SoB and one supposedly of commonsense lie naked for all to see. So judge for yourself people, but not too quickly, as the differences between us are complex, a lifetime in the making, requires just as much in their understanding, else it's far to easy to jump to conclusions, projecting our own measure as it' it's necessarily the only one with which all others must be compared, projection, from only one single perspective.

One has to try and understand the differences between us, as they see the entirety of the universe as the backdrop to a blue sphere of an ant farm, wondering, "what in hell are they doing?" Really? The biggest picture of them all!

The Spheres must Balance, else we're doomed to end our own experiment!
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:31 pm A very moving story.
The absolute truth.

A lesson in the philosophy of mind!
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:31 pm A very moving story.
So did you gain anything, or was it just another one?
SpheresOfBalance

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:32 am
Excellent post that was from Spheres so well done for that bio of your life
Just one of the experiences that determined my direction.

So did you gain anything, or was it just another one?

It was supposed to edify. The philosophy of mind, or rather psychology.

The differences between us are not only psychological experiences, but also geological (elemental) (chemical), meteorological, geophysical, cultural and let us not forget relative electromagnetic frequency.Hello,
OP wrote:"I have to make an oppinion essay on the theme: "It is the truth necessary in family, economical, political and social life and why?"."
So the truth of things is all that matters; nothing but it does matter.

And don't trust anyone that says anything different! Or else you'd better grow eyes in the back of your head.