For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: Why truth is necessary?

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 pm
Correct about it not being loving! Though it seems that you don't realize that not telling the truth is the same as lying, it's lying by omission. If something concerns someone in a family then it should always be told to those it concerns.
Should be told is not the same as is told.
Dumb-ass, I didn't say "Should be told," I said, "should always be told."

You do understand what the word "ALWAYS" means, RIGHT?

Here, for the ignorant of the world:
always [ awl-weyz, -weez ]
adverb
1) every time; on every occasion; without exception: He always works on Saturday.
2) all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly: There is always some pollution in the air.
3) forever: Will you always love me?
Sorry, but always wasn’t the issue. The difference between is and ought (should) was.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 pm What’s taking you so long to reply?
If you don't want to wait, be on your way, and come back when you want/need, if ever.
So you think it's all about you huh?

Not that it's any of your business, but in truth I never learned how to touch type, and I'm not just giving you my time, I have other things I'm doing. I'm almost 63 and eyes are going south, the glasses I'm currently using were the first prescription glasses I was ever given by the VA, like 6-7 years ago, they're scuffed so a little foggy, plus sight has diminished. My health concerns are largely due to being subjected to some nasty chemicals during my first enlistment. Try and save the people, and die a little, or altogether, you know the drill.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 pm Should be told is not the same as is told.

adverb
1) every time; on every occasion; without exception: He always works on Saturday.
2) all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly: There is always some pollution in the air.
Mr/s. Spheres. I friended you because you seemed like you had good sense in another thread but surely you realize if someone is worth cussing at they're worth not talking to first?!
Advocate,

If you, too, think I am worth cussing at, then I truly owe an apology.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:03 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 pm What’s taking you so long to reply?
If you don't want to wait, be on your way, and come back when you want/need, if ever.
So you think it's all about you huh?

Not that it's any of your business, but in truth I never learned how to touch type, and I'm not just giving you my time, I have other things I'm doing. I'm almost 63 and eyes are going south, the glasses I'm currently using were the first prescription glasses I was ever given by the VA, like 6-7 years ago, they're scuffed so a little foggy, plus sight has diminished. My health concerns are largely due to being subjected to some nasty chemicals during my first enlistment. Try and save the people, and die a little, or altogether, you know the drill.
Sorry to hear about your trouble with scuffed glasses. I know what you mean. I have trouble getting my VA hearing aids to work. At least they’re free (I’m 100% disabled. I jumped off of Huey skids too many times—more than 100 times over the 365 days I spent in Vietnam during the bloodiest year of the whole war).
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

As for typing, I have tremors (muscle spasms) in my hands and all over my body, so I have an awful time hitting the letters I want.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=commonsense post_id=470910 time=1599948340 user_id=14610]
[quote=Advocate post_id=470905 time=1599947917 user_id=15238]
[quote=SpheresOfBalance post_id=470904 time=1599947256 user_id=6407]

Dumb-ass, I didn't say "Should be told," I said, "should [b][i][u]always[/u][/i][/b] be told."

You do understand what the word "[size=150]ALWAYS[/size]" means, RIGHT?

[color=#8000FF]always [ awl-weyz, -weez ]
adverb
3) forever: Will you always love me?[/color]
[/quote]

Mr/s. Spheres. I friended you because you seemed like you had good sense in another thread but surely you realize if someone is worth cussing at they're worth not talking to first?!
[/quote]

Advocate,

[/quote]

Dunno, this thread is too much for me to follow. It's a general point.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=commonsense post_id=470914 time=1599949208 user_id=14610]
As for typing, I have tremors (muscle spasms) in my hands and all over my body, ...
[/quote]

Happens to me too. Stop thinking about the government!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:24 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:20 pm As for typing, I have tremors (muscle spasms) in my hands and all over my body, ...
Happens to me too. Stop thinking about the government!
:)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm Mr/s. Spheres. I friended you because you seemed like you had good sense in another thread but surely you realize if someone is worth cussing at they're worth not talking to first?!
Advocate,

Dunno, this thread is too much for me to follow. It's a general point.
:)
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:54 pm As for leadership, I commanded a troop medical clinic, a battalion medical section, 2 family practice clinics and a disaster response team. I believe I was a very good life leader as I was selected as PA of the Year by the AAPA Veterans Caucus (1989).
Ah, so relatively speaking yours was a charmed life.

When I was 3.5 years of age my father suffocated me with fear, as I hyperventilated until unconscious, just because I accidentally walked in on him 'fucking', (father was always 'fucking' one woman or another, didn't have a clue what love making was), my mother during the afternoon, because I had to pee, I'd been holding it for quite some time, while waiting for my grandmother to come home, his mother, my oasis, so when he yelled at me, my pee holding was put on the back burner, now fight or flight was front and center, so I pissed my pants, he grabbed me and shook me, and it was then that I couldn't breath, and lost consciousness.

After that, I pissed the bed from time to time until I was 13, because I feared going into their bedroom to pee, the only access to the bathroom. Of course he punished me for pissing the bed for years and threatened to send me to school in a diaper, one day while doing my punishment, inclined sit-ups, I was 8 years old, I was doing 200 at that time, all of them consecutively, oh he was proud of that, one of my gonads swelled up to the size of a chickens egg, not my measurement, it's what I heard them say, so he took me to the hospital and blamed it on tight Levis, yes no gym shorts.

That was the start of my deterministic youth, at least that's the earliest experience I can remember. Luckily when I got out of the USN, I used my Vietnam era GI Bill to go to university, was going to major in philosophy and minor in psychology, I finally found out at the age of 34 that my pissing to bed was due to fear, finally a sigh of relief because it wasn't me, it was something external. At 52 I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized that he'd been punishing me for something he created, because it's a child's right to be able to go pee in his home without fear of death, which is what this 3.5 year old believed he'd experienced, because for a undetermined time all I saw was black, until I came back. There was no way I was going to go into their bedroom when he lie sleeping, possibly in wait, of my entering to go pee, to suffocate me yet again. All those sit-ups, humiliation, and one testicle in the bag, due to his lack of vision. Needless to say, he's very old now, pretty much don't even know his name, while I wait for him to die! My plan is to piss on his grave. Poetic justice!

Oh, there were a few good memories of dad, it's just that the bad outweighed the good. And I know that it was determinism that warped his abilities at healthy relationships, but he maintained his innocence and kept lying until he lost his ability to make sense of anything. Many years earlier mom even gave him the chance at seeing a psychologist/counsellor, but he said those scientists were quacks, while Einstein was his hero. Cherry picker, when all scientists use exactly the same scientific method???

So for those things I experienced, just the tip of the iceberg, I've done well, Deans list at university for 2 years, 16 years of protecting the free people of the world, or so I was told, with 3 honorable discharges, and recommendation for advancement and retention with 3.8 evals upon leaving. Even though I was busted down in rank on 3 occasions during my sixteen years, the last for smoking pot (wife illegally took son away) while being an aircrewman, (lost my wings), not on duty, rather busted positive on a piss test. I ended up as an E-5. Probably why I didn't get a 4.0. Where 3 of my close childhood friends ended up in prison, I came out of it all smelling like a rose, relatively speaking.

So I know all about liars, my father was one of the best. Thank goodness My Mother and Grandmother were as honest, true and loving as they could be, or I might have joined my childhood friends in prison.

When I went to university I used the "Upward Bound Program (UBP)" to find and practice on my weaknesses. I was so happy I passed the entrance exam, you should see my badge photo, I look almost delirious. Anyway my UBP counsellor asked me what I wanted to major in, and I responded, "I haven't really given it any thought." (Even though I'd thought about philosophy when brushing up on my weaknesses. I thought, 'now that would answer all my questions and confusion, if I couldn't trust philosophy, what could I trust?') Then she said, "well what do you want to do as a career." At which time I reeled in surprise and said, 'I don't want to go to college to make money, I'm here to learn about the truth of the world, the truth about humankind, I don't care about money!' To which she replied, 'well how about General Studies until you figure out what you want to do.' And I thought , "I just told you what I wanted to do, so General Studies it is."

So no I never had it as obviously good as you have. Do you know anything at all about psychology? <--Rhetorical!!

Lets check your maturity: So that's who you're talking to, or at least a small portion of me, want to leave now?

It's all water under the bridge, so fuck all those boys that see a weapon they can use against me, I suffer no man-boys! Or is that boy-men? Could be immature fucks! What do you think, commonsense, I've roughed you up a bit! How big is your brain, your reason? How much about human life can you see clearly? Or do you even care?

FYI: In the USN at least from 1974-1991 you would have been a Hospital Corpsman, I believe the designation was HM.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

A very moving story.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Excellent post that was from Spheres so well done for that bio of your life
SpheresOfBalance

adverb
You can do as you choose as I can, and thanks for your input, I appreciate it. It's just that family is the most important thing we can talk about here or anywhere for that matter, and it infuriates me to no end for someone to defend such utter crap. Screwed up families is why we have trump like people, and all his ilk. Family is where all the confusion, ignorance, hate and gun toting mentality is born, it's where children are either placed on the proper or improper path. It's where psychosis and neurosis is born, because it's where psyche in born. It's set in stone for a lifetime, wasted, lost, confused, else thousands of dollars for therapy that never really undoes the done programming, always due to selfishness and/or ignorance, and it's got to stop. The ignorant child mind screwer’s must be stopped or our spieces is condemned. Our evolution is swamped by the selfish, ignorant, so called, adults that don't have a clue. I could go on, but I'll give you a break.

Oh and thanks for the compliment, but I don't really deserve it because I'm just another flawed human. My only difference is that I admit it, and have regrets, thus my nasty demeanor when I see or hear it in another, they must be made aware...

...the only thing that can save them from themselves is condemnation, calling a spade a spade!

Words are just so many powerless things unless of course they apply! When someone gets me wrong, these days, I just laugh at their ignorance. I have the ability at understanding much about the differences between us, and it's a powerful thing. If all I ever do it fling words around that are empty, no problem, but if they apply, well that's a very good thing... Like Golden Earring sang, "Soon you will come to know, When the bullet hits the bone." --metaphor--

Male! And before you ask, no, I don't believe my hemispheres necessarily balance, though I always try to make it so, as should we all. Originally it was about a trilogy of philosophical thought, between the Micro, the Macro and the Median, (humans caught in the middle, ignorant of the biggest picture.) The one that if actualized in understanding by all, we'd have no real problems that couldn't be easily solved; together. It's all about the truth of things!
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:59 pm

adverb
Sorry, but always wasn’t the issue. The difference between is and ought (should) was.
I see that the difference between falsehood and truth has got you stumped, or maybe not. So a liar you be! So be it written about ones, commonsense!
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 pm

adverb
Advocate,

You don't owe anyone an apology, you're being yourself, you just have to analyze your psyche, to determine what it truly is all about. And adjust if necessary.