Why truth is necessary?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: Why truth is necessary?

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:26 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:57 pm It is necessary for the truth to be spoken in a GOOD family, but not necessary in all families.
Then you weren't a GOOD leader, if at all, in the service, or for your family. One should lead by example. Your complicity with lying might be why it was a BAD family. Or at least you bolstered the that which made it BAD.
Again you make false assumptions. I was an honest and decorated combat medic, LPN, PA and Neurosurgical PA. Just because I can argue against honesty doesn’t mean I am dishonest nor that I could wish families to be dishonest.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:06 pm A family would still be a family, although not a loving family, even if family members lied to each other.
Correct about it not being loving! Though it seems that you don't realize that not telling the truth is the same as lying, it's lying by omission. If something concerns someone in a family then it should always be told to those it concerns.
Should be told is not the same as is told.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

What’s taking you so long to reply?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 pm A family is a group whose members are connected. Truth is not necessary for the existence of a family.
Incorrect!

The first definition, thus the primary definition:
family [ fam-uh-lee, fam-lee ]
noun, plural fam·i·lies.
1) a) a basic
social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family.
....b) a
social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.

social [ soh-shuhl ]
adjective
1) relating to, devoted to, or characterized by friendly companionship or relations: a social club.
2) seeking or enjoying the companionship of others; friendly; sociable; gregarious.
3) of, relating to, connected with, or suited to polite or fashionable society: a social event.

So now do you really believe that the definitions of SOCIAL, which is the first thing a family is said to be, includes lying and deceit? Really?

If so I believe you need to go back to school and buff up on your vocabulary. Because you obviously don't know the meaning of the words you use.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

As for leadership, I commanded a troop medical clinic, a battalion medical section, 2 family practice clinics and a disaster response team. I believe I was a very good life leader as I was selected as PA of the Year by the AAPA Veterans Caucus (1989).
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 pm A family is a group whose members are connected. Truth is not necessary for the existence of a family.
To omit love in a family is why yours, and many others, without truth, are rotten to the core, confused, have troubles, do drugs, lack education, wind up in jail, etc! Truth, thus loving, is what makes or breaks a family, It is the difference between a GOOD and BAD family or one that's dissolved altogether.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

My 9-word statement is consistent with the definition you supplied. It really is.

You should’ve argued against my statement rather than accepting it much earlier in the thread.

Lying is a social interaction between 2 or more people.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:56 pm
To omit love in a family is why yours, and many others, without truth, are rotten to the core, confused, have troubles, do drugs, lack education, wind up in jail, etc! Truth, thus loving, is what makes or breaks a family, It is the difference between a GOOD and BAD family or one that's dissolved altogether.
Yes, we were discussing good AND bad families, large and small families, traditional and untraditional families, and even childless families.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:56 pm
Do not presume to know my family!
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:27 pm For your failure, you SOB, to recognize the difference between any apple and a good apple, or that any apple could be a rotten apple while still being an apple, you went all ape-shit in your error-filled ad hom.

Shame on you.
You're an idiot, probably army! ASVAB scores are the lowest to qualify for entrance.

Families are not fruits, they are supposed to be comprised of animals, that have brains for thinking. And anyone with a brain, with at least an average IQ should know that, "where ever you go, there you are," 'If you think you can't or think you can, you're right,' "life is what you make it," "you get what you give," "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love, you make."

We can choose to be liars, thieves, murders, honest, brave, compassionate, empathetic, sympathetic, lovers, haters, etc, etc, etc. It's all our choice, (we just have to work through those deterministic bits that 'soured' our youth), not anyone elses.

Sounds like you made yours, old man, I'm sorry that you weren't strong enough to beat your 'soured' past!

No assumption, you said so yourself. When you said that families don't have to have love or truth, either because yours never had any, and/or you don't believe they should. Part of mine growing up didn't, but mine currently, at least my part in it, surely does, because I know that it should, or it's all for naught. Without truth and honesty, there really is no such thing as a family, instead just a bunch of individual users of others for gain, by what ever measure.
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:57 pm It is necessary for the truth to be spoken in a GOOD family, but not necessary in all families.
Then you weren't a GOOD leader, if at all, in the service, or for your family. One should lead by example. Your complicity with lying might be why it was a BAD family. Or at least you bolstered the that which made it BAD.
Again you make false assumptions. I was an honest and decorated combat medic, LPN, PA and Neurosurgical PA. Just because I can argue against honesty doesn’t mean I am dishonest nor that I could wish families to be dishonest.
Bullshit! No one can argue against that which they believe, or they don't lead by example. Think of all the minds you could lead astray. If one says they can then it's because they really don't believe in it in the first place, instead they're in denial.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

This post is for everyone other than SOB:

SOB has a problem with understanding the is/ought problem and understanding analogies (e.g., family/apples).

I am an honest and well-adjusted person who is exasperated by SOB’s claims that I’m not.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:40 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Bullshit! No one can argue against that which they believe, or they don't lead by example. Think of all the minds you could lead astray. If one says they can then it's because they really don't believe in it in the first place, instead they're in denial.
Ouch!
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:06 pm A family would still be a family, although not a loving family, even if family members lied to each other.
Correct about it not being loving! Though it seems that you don't realize that not telling the truth is the same as lying, it's lying by omission. If something concerns someone in a family then it should always be told to those it concerns.
Dumb-ass, I didn't say "Should be told," I said, "should always be told."

You do understand what the word "ALWAYS" means, RIGHT?

Here, for the ignorant of the world:
always [ awl-weyz, -weez ]
adverb
1) every time; on every occasion; without exception: He always works on Saturday.
2) all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly: There is always some pollution in the air.
3) forever: Will you always love me?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=SpheresOfBalance post_id=470904 time=1599947256 user_id=6407]
[quote=commonsense post_id=470884 time=1599942966 user_id=14610]
[quote=SpheresOfBalance post_id=470882 time=1599942618 user_id=6407]

Correct about it not being loving! Though it seems that you don't realize that not telling the truth is the same as lying, it's lying by omission. If something concerns someone in a family then it [color=#FF0000]should always be told[/color] to those it concerns.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dumb-ass, I didn't say "Should be told," I said, "should [b][i][u]always[/u][/i][/b] be told."

You do understand what the word "[size=150]ALWAYS[/size]" means, RIGHT?

Here, for the ignorant of the world:
[color=#8000FF]always [ awl-weyz, -weez ]
adverb
1) every time; on every occasion; without exception: He always works on Saturday.
2) all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly: There is always some pollution in the air.
3) forever: Will you always love me?[/color]
[/quote]

Mr/s. Spheres. I friended you because you seemed like you had good sense in another thread but surely you realize if someone is worth cussing at they're worth not talking to first?!