Assist Science, be a researcher.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Help Science, be a researcher.

Post by Arising_uk »

duszek wrote:I cannot have panic attacks because it is purely physical. I am not afraid of anything.
When I am afraid I do not watch my pulse and my heart.
The point of panic attacks is that they are not noticeable fears.

Still, that you watch your pulse and heart for no discernible reason appears to put to mild hypochondria.

Most hearts don't beat completely regularly, there are always flutters, etc. We just don't pay attention to them, when we do it can be most disconcerting.
My theory:
When you are sitting or walking then blood stays down and is pumped upwards. Vestibules are above the heart.
But when you lie down the blood can flow easily into the vestibules and flood through the leak and so the palpitations are a protection mechanism to remove the blood from where it should not be.
Whereas the puls remains unchanged.
Then take a medical eductaion and become a doctor and make an impact.
I attended a series of lectures about the stroke and the symptoms I had were so unique and clear and scary that it was a TIA (transient ischemic attack).
Why did you attend such a thing?
My diet is focused on this question now: is this food good or bad for my blood ?
Do you exercise? If not I'd start with the basics, Yoga is good for the blood circulation.
Is it possible to have too much blood ?
Doubt it. It appears to be only pregnant women who vary their blood capacity.
Once upon a time a doctor would take blood away from a patient in order to cure him. It must have been observed that losing and reproducing blood had beneficial effects in the patient.
Bloodletting probably does have a beneficial effect in certain areas but I doubt many were cured by such practices as we'd still be doing it know.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

duszek wrote:What do you mean by hypochondriac ?
A time when the wiki is of use;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis
I notice something alarming and try to solve the problem by my own efforts and experiments.
I worry that a doctor (to be on the safe side) will give me pharmaceutical products with side effects and recommend some treatment with risks so I prefer to save myself.
You'd have to show that you had a condition in the first place. Side-effects are minimal with most pharmaceutical products but it does depend upon whatever your condition is that is being treated. So far I'm unsure you have any as you appear not to wish to go to a doctor to check.
Is this typical for a hypochondriac ?
No, I don't think it is. As they usually clutter-up the waiting rooms but maybe its because you also appear to have a general issue with the medical profession.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

duszek wrote:How can a doctor confirm that a blood clot was stuck in my brain about four months ago and then was pushed further ?
How can you?
duszek

Post by duszek »

Arising_uk wrote:
duszek wrote:How can a doctor confirm that a blood clot was stuck in my brain about four months ago and then was pushed further ?
How can you?
I cannot either.
But I remember what visual impairments I had for a minute, exactly four months ago:

the middles of words were bleached, there were patches of pitch-black on the periphery of the left visual field, and the whole seeing was eerie.

I was close to panic, but I am an optimist so I kept reassuring myself: just wait, you are a lucky person, it will disappear in a minute or so, it cannot be the end of your life because the story of your life does not appear to you all at once etc. etc.

And it did go away.

If it was not a stroke, so much the better. Or a TIA.
Yesterday someone argued to me that it might have been the retina loosening itself from the eye-ball. He studied history of art, he is not a doctor either.

I am not going to study medecine but I am going to borrow a couple of medical books on stroke and eye and perhaps I will discover something interesting.

Why did I go to the series of lectures about a stroke ?
To observe acts of speech (my private passion) and to enlargen my horizons.

I am also going to a self-help group for people with a psychosis (I could get one one day or I could have to deal with someone who has one) and to a lecture about dizziness.
duszek

Post by duszek »

My yoga teacher Wolfgang died many years ago and I do not want a new one.

I invent new exercises on a regular basis.

My newest: jumping up and down on a mat in order to warm up and to get out of breath. Or running on a mat.
It is safer than running in the woods where you can slip and hurt yourself if you do not wear glasses.

Or I move and stretch like a cat and "freeze" and hold the tension for a while, also in uncomfortable positions, which is good for the balance. (I call it "spasmodic".)

What are your favourite exercises ?
duszek

Post by duszek »

The reason for watching my heart is that these palpitations occur when I lie down to fall asleep and I can hardly not notice them.
The only reassuring thing is that my puls goes as usual, so it can only be the vestibules or the lungs.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

My grandmother had a saying that comforts me to this day....she used to say, " honey, you're going to live until you die."

It really puts things in perspective....keeps me from eorrying so much
duszek

Post by duszek »

Yes, but I want to live without pain. I have been given a body which I take care of.

I take care of everything, of the books, of my friends, of my language and also of my body.

If I sin a little (coffee or chocolate or some other bad stuff) I am punished by suffering.
I cannot sleep all night, I have a bad day.

If I do not exercise I am punished by feeling tired or by some muscle pain.

It is the prospect of pain and suffering which motivates me to take care of my body.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Good for you!

That sounds like a GREAT way to take care of your entire being...

Thank you for adding to the forum.

artisticsolution

duszek wrote:Yes, but I want to live without pain.
Who doesn't...however...sometimes that is reality of life....and other times we create our own pain. Worrying too much can cause our bodies a great deal of stress...we have the power to make ourselves physically ill . It sounds to me you are too obsessed with your health. if you are taking care of yourself then there is no need to worry, right? Then why do you? Tell me...how does a person who eats right and exercise have a stroke? It is percisely because life is a crap shoot. You can't control it. However...you can control how you deal with hardship. Train your mind as you do your body.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Yes, I agree.
I try this and that. Sometimes it helps to express something on a forum like this one and see the reaction.

How to train my mind ?
I do experiments every day. I even put them down. I write poems about them. I invent grotesque slogans and magic formulas.

Sometimes worrying can be good for something. You can take a precaution and someone will not even try to do something you are not interested in. You can deter at an early stage by your mere body language.

We grope in a chaos of possibilities and assumptions.

How to stop worrying at a particular moment ?

1. Call a friend and discuss it with this person.
2. Listen to a book read by a pleasant voice.
3. Listen to pop music and dance like a savage.
4. Pray.

Others ?
artisticsolution

duszek wrote:Yes, I agree.
I try this and that. Sometimes it helps to express something on a forum like this one and see the reaction.

How to train my mind ?
I do experiments every day. I even put them down. I write poems about them. I invent grotesque slogans and magic formulas.

Sometimes worrying can be good for something. You can take a precaution and someone will not even try to do something you are not interested in. You can deter at an early stage by your mere body language.

We grope in a chaos of possibilities and assumptions.

How to stop worrying at a particular moment ?

1. Call a friend and discuss it with this person.
2. Listen to a book read by a pleasant voice.
3. Listen to pop music and dance like a savage.

4. Pray.

Others ?
Stop believing in magic and start telling yourself that this too shall pass. Remember when you are having a good day ...that just few hours ago you were in torment. So that the next time you have torment you will be able to know it is not real and in a fewmoments it will pass. Also...if you pray...dont pray for releif ....pray only for his will and the courage to see it through. Nothing else matters if you have the sterngth to endure hardship. You will have hardship and sufferingthats life . Its normal.
duszek

Post by duszek »

But how can I tell whether the torment is real or not real ?

Torment comes from the stomach (intuition) and it is an alarm. A signal of danger.

When I start worrying about a nonsense then I try to pull my mind away from it. Prayer is one way to force the mind to dwell upon something else. It can be a self-composed prayer to the guardian angel or for example a poem.

All in the golden afternoon
Full leisurely we glide ...

You can see it as a prayer or as a magic formula.
On can repeat the two lines ten times and see what happens.

It could also be self-hypnosis.
artisticsolution

Torment does not come from the stomach, it comes from the mind. Torment from the mind is never real..it just seems real. There are things you can do to exerciss your mind so the torment becomes less real but it takes time and you really havs to want it...also it helps to not be around co dependent people who will feed into your torment
If they comfort you when you are in torment you may think it is real...better to be around those who dont feed into your worry. If you take good care of yourself one little piece of junk food or going without exercise for one day is not going to kill you or make you have a stroke. If you have a stroke it is more likely to be genetics or caused by your worryand torment.

Some of the things you can do is to practice every day when you have torment to just tell yourself that tomorrow you wont feel this pain. Thenmake sure to call one of your friends and ask them how they are and if thereis anything you can do for them.

Make it a ritual...everhtime you feel torment...do it. There is no quick fix...but trust me...after a while you will break the pattern of behavior.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Go to the doctor and have a thorough check up.

To be told you are in tip top condition will quell those fears of disease, and

then celebrate accordingly, with a glass of champagne.
I had been drinking oils directly from bottles
perhaps stop this practice.