An Introspective Look at Choice

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: An Introspective Look at Choice

Post by reasonvemotion »

James, is there anything in particular about this post you wish to discuss? Or are you merely looking for a spot to spread your propaganda?

I think he was responding to your post below.

Also, regarding God's omniciensce and man's free-will, I ask then "Is it possible to choose other than what God already knows? If I come to a fork in the road, is it possible for me to choose left when God knows I will choose right?" If not, then man does not possess free-will, -- if so, then God does not possess omniscience (all-knowing). God's omniscience and Man's free-will are mutually exclusive (they cannot both be true), so then either one is true, or neither is true (my view).

SpheresOfBalance

Re: An Introspective Look at Choice

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

RG1 wrote:
james1951 wrote:We are all influenced by family and social interactions and fate, but there comes a time in each mans life when he cannot say "I was just following orders" "the devil made me do it" or "that's how I was raised"
jesus put it this way "anyone who loves his father or mother more than he loves me is not worthy of me" substitute the word TRUTH for jesus if you don't understand who jesus is.

we all understand the golden rule whether or not we try to dodge it with smart ass remarks.... you know from your own experiences what is right and what is wrong and YOU will at some point have to face that TRUTH. make your choices accordingly. unfortunately fear has a part to play in the choices we make, as does faith.
James, is there anything in particular about this post you wish to discuss? Or are you merely looking for a spot to spread your propaganda?
Often, we see our reflection in others words, yet we hold them accountable. One is all that resides in their mind, one is either open to potential change, or not. Fear is a mind killer. The free will of mind is only limited by oneself. It takes time to undo the programming of authoritative inputs. Mental free will can me maximized, with the effort of self knowledge, and time.