a defense of drag show/drag queens..

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: a defense of drag show/drag queens..

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:56 pm I think u should read this, vegitariantortellini.

"A 15-year longitudinal study of more than 50,000 Norwegians found that women with a strong sense of humor had a 73% lower risk of dying from heart disease and an 83% lower risk of dying from infection."
But you aren't remotely funny. You are just **** and a narcissist.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Ad hominem and I won't believe it. u post my meme anywhere and anyone who isn't stuck on the whole 'omg don't make a joke out of those poor kids' thing, will lol at it. some may even rofl or lmfao it's that good.

now orginally i added a fireball coming out of each kid's hand but one of em blocked the face of the kid on the right so i took em out.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:04 pm Ad hominem and I won't believe it. u post my meme anywhere and anyone who isn't stuck on the whole 'omg don't make a joke out of those poor kids' thing, will lol at it. some may even rofl or lmfao it's that good.

now orginally i added a fireball coming out of each kid's hand but one of em blocked the face of the kid on the right so i took em out.
It's hardly an 'ad hominen'. You haven't made any points to counter. It's simply my overall impression of you from everything you have posted.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

the only reason u don't laugh at my jokes... well really there's two reasons. u have no sense of humor (i need to do your chart) and u know I'm a preverted sex defender which poisons the well.

that's not fair man. even if I'm a horrible person my jokes deserve to be recognized for what they are. kinda funny.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:10 pm the only reason u don't laugh at my jokes... well really there's two reasons. u have no sense of humor (i need to do your chart) and u know I'm a preverted sex defender which poisons the well.

that's not fair man. even if I'm a horrible person my jokes deserve to be recognized for what they are. kinda funny.
If you say they are funny then I suppose they must be funny....lol...... :roll:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

And I can make fun of those kids cuz I'm the only bloke at this whole forum who actually espouses an economic philosophy that would raise those childrens out of poverty faster than u could spell antidisestablishmentarianism. Those two kids are my dudes.

Everybody just talks about it or sends seventeen cents a day.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"It's hardly an 'ad hominen'. You haven't made any points to counter."

false equivocation. the ad hominem is not commited by 'countering points', but by letting the perversion of the prom75 determine the funniness of the joke, when the funniness of the joke should not be determined by the perversion of the prom75. likewise, the joke should be no funnier if the prom75 wuzzint a prevert. 
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:31 pm "It's hardly an 'ad hominen'. You haven't made any points to counter."

false equivocation. the ad hominem is not commited by 'countering points', but by letting the perversion of the prom75 determine the funniness of the joke, when the funniness of the joke should not be determined by the perversion of the prom75. likewise, the joke should be no funnier if the prom75 wuzzint a prevert. 
Right. Hilarious. Profound. cue laughing emojis.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Formal and informal logical fallacies are no laughing matter, madam. On the contrary the entire foundation of western intellectualism would crumble without a thorough understanding and application of them. Wait I mean we don't want to apply them becuz they're fallacies... that's the whole point of... nevermind.

I'm sayin we gotta know what they are so we don't do em. And we philosophers take this matter very siriusly.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:11 pm Formal and informal logical fallacies are no laughing matter, madam. On the contrary the entire foundation of western intellectualism would crumble without a thorough understanding and application of them. Wait I mean we don't want to apply them becuz they're fallacies... that's the whole point of... nevermind.

I'm sayin we gotta know what they are so we don't do em. And we philosophers take this matter very siriusly.
Again, funny. Clever. Witty. Profound. Brilliant. Lol lol lol.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gender.
IT'S FUCKING BIOLOGY.
IT''S FUCKING BIOLOGY.

DUH FUCKING DUH.

Yes and some are gay some are trans and some are hetero.

ANd some are rancid old cunts that hate anything that is not straight because they are ignorant fucking FEMINAZIS
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:48 pm Gender.
IT'S FUCKING BIOLOGY.
IT''S FUCKING BIOLOGY.

DUH FUCKING DUH.

ANd some are rancid old cunts that hate anything that is not straight because they are ignorant fucking FEMINAZIS
And you are a rancid old misogynistic fascist.

If men are women because they 'feel' that they are then why bother with painful surgery and hormone treatment? Apparently women don't physically exist anyway, so what exactly are these penis-owners trying to turn themselves into?
What's wrong with a woman having a penis, prostate, bald head, hairy chest, Y chromosome and deep voice? What a rancid little bigot you are.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Drag shows and drag queens, what's with them? Why now? Who's drivin' this friggin' bus and why is Amelia on it, with Bernard to make it even more exciting? I, for one, don't have a clue what happened to West Gambian Transport Services! I don't wanna be on this bus with these people but here I am, in this bus, with these people. They're looking, all of them, askance at me, as if ... as if ... I'm ... I'm ..
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

IT'S FUCKING BIOLOGY.
IT''S FUCKING BIOLOGY.

DUH FUCKING DUH.

I'll just go with the flow and accept that this thread is somehow about trans people now, lol.

I think, despite her last post being wrapped in sarcasm and thus impossible to meaningfully respond to, she does bring up an interesting point that comes up now and then among people talking about this topic seriously, and that is this:

To the people who think gender is entirely a social construct, the existence of trans people actually raises some interesting philosophical contradictions.

You see, if gender in fact is biological, then being trans imo can actually make sense and be meaningful. Gender, biologically, would be a fact about sometimes neurology, presumably. And one could imagine that it's possible that a person born with a penis could have, in some sense, a female-ish neurology. And that could give you context for why people with penises want to live as women, be recognized as women, and have surgeries to make their bodies more female, to match their neurology.

On the other hand, if gender is entirely a social construct, then a lot of that stuff above doesn't really make sense. If gender is a social construct, then there's no meaningful difference between "I was born with a penis and want to live as a woman" Vs "I'm a man but I like wearing dresses and doing and behaving in ways that are seen as traditionally feminine". Those two statements become almost indistinguishable. And someone in that boat doesn't need a sex change, or to be recognized as a woman, what they really would need, hypothetically, is to live in a society where men are allowed to have feminine preferences.

And yet if you talk to trans people, even trans people who insist that gender really is just a social construct, and you offer up that theoretical world where men are simply allowed, with no social penalty, to have entirely feminine behaviours and preferences, you'll find that that's not sufficient for them. A lot of them say they would still want to take hormones, say they might still seek sex change surgeries.

And that to me indicates that the "gender" of people who are "trans-gender" runs deeper than something that is just merely a social construct.

I'm not of course saying that every aspect of gender isn't a social construct, that every aspect of gender is biological. There are certainly parts of gender expression which are entirely cultural. But there does, I think, seem to be something deeper than the social and cultural aspects of gender that people who are trans-gender illuminate.

This probably should be its own thread though, it has nothing to do with drag queens. I've started a thread here viewtopic.php?t=39835
vegetariantaxidermy

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:28 am
IT'S FUCKING BIOLOGY.
IT''S FUCKING BIOLOGY.

DUH FUCKING DUH.

I'll just go with the flow and accept that this thread is somehow about trans people now, lol.

I think, despite her last post being wrapped in sarcasm and thus impossible to meaningfully respond to, she does bring up an interesting point that comes up now and then among people talking about this topic seriously, and that is this:

To the people who think gender is entirely a social construct, the existence of trans people actually raises some interesting philosophical contradictions.

You see, if gender in fact is biological, then being trans imo can actually make sense and be meaningful. Gender, biologically, would be a fact about sometimes neurology, presumably. And one could imagine that it's possible that a person born with a penis could have, in some sense, a female-ish neurology. And that could give you context for why people with penises want to live as women, be recognized as women, and have surgeries to make their bodies more female, to match their neurology.

On the other hand, if gender is entirely a social construct, then a lot of that stuff above doesn't really make sense. If gender is a social construct, then there's no meaningful difference between "I was born with a penis and want to live as a woman" Vs "I'm a man but I like wearing dresses and doing and behaving in ways that are seen as traditionally feminine". Those two statements become almost indistinguishable. And someone in that boat doesn't need a sex change, or to be recognized as a woman, what they really would need, hypothetically, is to live in a society where men are allowed to have feminine preferences.

And yet if you talk to trans people, even trans people who insist that gender really is just a social construct, and you offer up that theoretical world where men are simply allowed, with no social penalty, to have entirely feminine behaviours and preferences, you'll find that that's not sufficient for them. A lot of them say they would still want to take hormones, say they might still seek sex change surgeries.

And that to me indicates that the "gender" of people who are "trans-gender" runs deeper than something that is just merely a social construct.

I'm not of course saying that every aspect of gender isn't a social construct, that every aspect of gender is biological. There are certainly parts of gender expression which are entirely cultural. But there does, I think, seem to be something deeper than the social and cultural aspects of gender that people who are trans-gender illuminate.

This probably should be its own thread though, it has nothing to do with drag queens. I've started a thread here viewtopic.php?t=39835
Hogwash. 'Gender' doesn't 'feel' like anything. If men think they 'feel' like women then they are fucked in the head. How would they know what it 'feels' like?
There are masculine women and feminine men. So what? They are still women and men. But even 'feminine' men have male strength, testosterone, and muscles (and penis).