What is the point of Higher Education?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

Re: What is the point of Higher Education?

Post by Phil8659 »

When I was in grade school, my teacher told the class to set their goals high. Then each student was to explain to what height of achievement that they were aiming for. Well, one by one, the students answered as expected. I, on the other hand, was going to say that when I grew up, I was going to be a wine-o, as I could not, at that time, imagine being any higher than that.

Myself, I have always believed it a sign of mental disability to claim to be able do the complex, yet not even able to demonstrate the simple. Stupid people imagine that they know what education is, and people gladly had over tax dollars to dumb asses who can not even teach anyone how to chew gum.

So, before you plunder the sack of stupidity, please inform us, what do you imagine that education is suppose to teach, and how is it to be taught?

When I was in grade school, my teachers and the principle staff was certain that I was mentally retarded, after all, my school had a certified genius attending it. So, my parents were informed that I would be shipped out to a school for the mentally handicapped. The last thing they did, because of state law, was to give me an I.Q. test. Within moments, the tester was about to piss his pants and got all excited. It turn out, by the state tester, I was smarter than the school's known genius. My work on the Internet Archive also proves it as I demonstrate a field of geometry a long history of so called genius's in the field looked for, but never found.

I am self-educated simply because it is my experience, that teachers are some of the stupidest people known to man. They cannot teach an Eskimo how to make ice.

Post by Age »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am When I was in grade school, my teacher told the class to set their goals high. Then each student was to explain to what height of achievement that they were aiming for. Well, one by one, the students answered as expected. I, on the other hand, was going to say that when I grew up, I was going to be a wine-o, as I could not, at that time, imagine being any higher than that.

Myself, I have always believed it a sign of mental disability to claim to be able do the complex, yet not even able to demonstrate the simple. Stupid people imagine that they know what education is, and people gladly had over tax dollars to dumb asses who can not even teach anyone how to chew gum.
So, what is 'education' to 'you', "phil8659"?

Let us SEE what 'you' 'know' here.
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am So, before you plunder the sack of stupidity, please inform us, what do you imagine that education is suppose to teach, and how is it to be taught?
YOUR thread, I suggest 'you' go FIRST, "phil8659".
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am When I was in grade school, my teachers and the principle staff was certain that I was mentally retarded, after all, my school had a certified genius attending it.
Who do 'you' CLAIM that was, EXACTLY?
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am So, my parents were informed that I would be shipped out to a school for the mentally handicapped. The last thing they did, because of state law, was to give me an I.Q. test. Within moments, the tester was about to piss his pants and got all excited.
Is this what REALLY happened?
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am It turn out, by the state tester,
Was this one of those "dumb asses", in the 'education system', who could not even teach how to chew gum?

Or, was this one, somehow, remarkably different?
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am I was smarter than the school's known genius.
If you did NOT answer above, which was who, EXACTLY?
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am My work on the Internet Archive
also proves it as I demonstrate a field of geometry a long history of so called genius's in the field looked for, but never found. [/quote]

In your 'field of geometry work' did you uncover what the size of the Universe is, EXACTLY?

And, what do you imagine you 'demonstrated' in your work, EXACTLY?
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am I am self-educated
It could be said and argued that EVERY adult human being is 'self-educated' in some 'thing', so what are you supposedly 'self-educated' IN, EXACTLY?

And, IF you provide that information, then will LOOK INTO HOW, EXACTLY 'you' obtained that 'education'.
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am simply because it is my experience, that teachers are some of the stupidest people known to man.
Who, exactly, are some of the stupidest people known to woman?
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am They cannot teach an Eskimo how to make ice.
Would an "eskimo" even need to 'make ice'?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:15 am Immanuel Can wrote:
You're being too kind to the Left. They don't value things like reason, logic and science. They call them all "relics of the patriarchy" or "oppressive demands of whiteness." They claim to value "creativity," "experience," "perspective" and "voice" in place of these things.
But reason, logic, and science are consistent with creativity, experience, perspective, and voice.
Only accidentally, not reliably. Sometimes things like "experience" or "perspective" say the same as "science" or "logic," but most of the time, they don't. They mislead us.

And the the Leftists know it, too. That's why they denigrate things like reason, science and logic, and appeal to this emotive things instead. They know their agenda can be advanced only by fooling people into thinking with their feelings, not with their heads.

Examples can be multiplied.

Why do you think they don't want us to know the history of Marxism, and denigrate teaching history in schools? It's because facts would crush their agenda. Why do you think they want people to think cops are more readily shooting black folks than white ones, or that cops are shooting more black folks than black folks are shooting black folks, when the statistical data are actually opposite in all these cases? Because the real data would expose their lies about police prejudice. Why do you think they want us to believe BOTH that a "woman" is an important category of oppressed persons, but also no specific thing at all? Because they can't campaign as the advocates for both Feminism and Transism unless they both affirm and deny the real existence of the category "woman." So they'll even talk nonsense to keep themselves on the high side of virtue signalling.

They're a bunch of snakeoil salesmen/saleswomen. That's why everything that points to truth is something they also hate.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:53 am
You're being too kind to the Left. They don't value things like reason, logic and science. They call them all "relics of the patriarchy" or "oppressive demands of whiteness." They claim to value "creativity," "experience," "perspective" and "voice" in place of these things.
But reason, logic, and science are consistent with creativity, experience, perspective, and voice.
Only accidentally, not reliably. Sometimes things like "experience" or "perspective" say the same as "science" or "logic," but most of the time, they don't. They mislead us.

And the the Leftists know it, too. That's why they denigrate things like reason, science and logic, and appeal to this emotive things instead. They know their agenda can be advanced only by fooling people into thinking with their feelings, not with their heads.

Why do you think they don't want us to know the history of Marxism, and denigrate teaching history in schools? It's because facts would crush their agenda. Why do you think they want people to think cops are more readily shooting black folks than white ones, or that cops are shooting more black folks than black folks are shooting black folks, when the statistical data are actually opposite in all these cases? Because the real data would expose their lies about police prejudice. Why do you think they want us to believe BOTH that a "woman" is an important category of oppressed persons, but also no specific thing at all? Because they can't campaign as the advocates for both Feminism and Transism unless they both affirm and deny the real existence of the category "woman." So they'll even talk nonsense to keep themselves on the high side of virtue signalling.

They're a bunch of snakeoil salesmen/saleswomen. That's why everything that points to truth is something they also hate.

Lefties don't "denigrate teaching history in schools". Lefties are generally much in favour of history as an academic discipline especially when it is associated with anththropology, geography, and archaeology.

As for reportage, higher secondary and tertiary education aims to give students the mental tools to sort the lies from the truths.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am When I was in grade school, my teacher told the class to set their goals high. Then each student was to explain to what height of achievement that they were aiming for. Well, one by one, the students answered as expected. I, on the other hand, was going to say that when I grew up, I was going to be a wine-o, as I could not, at that time, imagine being any higher than that.

So, before you plunder the sack of stupidity, please inform us, what do you imagine that education is suppose to teach, and how is it to be taught?

When I was in grade school, my teachers and the principle staff was certain that I was mentally retarded, after all, my school had a certified genius attending it. So, my parents were informed that I would be shipped out to a school for the mentally handicapped. The last thing they did, because of state law, was to give me an I.Q. test. Within moments, the tester was about to piss his pants and got all excited. It turn out, by the state tester, I was smarter than the school's known genius. My work on the Internet Archive also proves it as I demonstrate a field of geometry a long history of so called genius's in the field looked for, but never found.

I am self-educated simply because it is my experience, that teachers are some of the stupidest people known to man. They cannot teach an Eskimo how to make ice.
Sounds like you are answering with a lot of ignorance and resentment.
Education is not primarily about passing IQ tests, not even so much about intelligence.
But then you would know that had you had any education.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Belinda wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:19 am

Lefties don't "denigrate teaching history in schools". Lefties are generally much in favour of history as an academic discipline especially when it is associated with anththropology, geography, and archaeology.

As for reportage, higher secondary and tertiary education aims to give students the mental tools to sort the lies from the truths.
Don't bother with him. You cannot argue with a person who relishes his own ignorance.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Why do you think they don't want us to know the history of Marxism, and denigrate teaching history in schools?
Speaking as a person who has studied historical, archaeological and anthropological subjects at the highest level I find just about everything you say as laughable. What a strange little world you have constructed for yourself.
Maybe you should drop the chip off your shoulder and actually get some education - you might learn something - "might" being to operative word.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Education is not primarily about passing IQ tests, not even so much about intelligence.
Really? well then try this, my work in education.
https://archive.org/search.php?query=jo ... publicdate

And especiallay.
https://archive.org/details/AUniversalLanguage

A mind, when functional, is the most powerful life support system possible, so tell me genius, how is it that people do not know what they are, why they are nor even how to do their biologically defined job as the major life support system of their own body?

Show me your work, your original contributions to education which is more than plain lip service.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 am
Yes. I see no contribution here. Mostly just a vanity project, with little or no relevance.
Please show your "work in education", please.
You do not seem to know the meaning of the word.

And especiallay.

A mind, when functional, is the most powerful life support system possible, so tell me genius, how is it that people do not know what they are, why they are nor even how to do their biologically defined job as the major life support system of their own body?
You implied you had contributed to education. Where is that?
Where are your students and what have they done with this?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:43 am
Yes. I see no contribution here. Mostly just a vanity project, with little or no relevance.
Please show your "work in education", please.
You do not seem to know the meaning of the word.

And especiallay.

You implied you had contributed to education. Where is that?
Where are your students and what have they done with this?
Thank you for validating just what you are, another who, when pointed to overwheling evidence, are too stupid to examine and learn. What does such a person, who refuses to learn anything, have to say about education? Absolutely nothing.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am When I was in grade school, my teachers and the principle staff was certain that I was mentally retarded
They probably thought you had a developmental disability.
They were probably right tbh.
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 am They cannot teach an Eskimo how to make ice.
Do the Eskimo's often need to make ice? I thought they had plenty lying around already.

Post by Age »

I tried it.

Absolutely NOTHING hard NOR complex there.
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 am And especiallay.

Well considering that 'you' have NOT YET SHOWN that 'you' KNOW what 'you' ARE, EXACTLY, NOR WHY 'you' are even the way 'you' ARE, how about 'you' EITHER:

Tell us how it is 'you', people, do NOT know what 'you' ARE, NOR WHY 'you' ARE, the way 'you' ARE, nor even HOW to do 'your' OWN made-up defined 'job', OR, 'you' tell us WHAT 'you' ARE, EXACTLY, WHY 'you' BECAME, the way 'you' ARE, EXACTLY, and what the ACTUAL 'job' is of 'that thing'?

Until THEN 'your' WORDS just SHOW and REVEAL a True 'superiority complex', which 'you' have OBTAINED.
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 am Show me your work, your original contributions to education which is more than plain lip service.
Are 'you' here saying that 'you' are an EDUCATIONAL TEACHER?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:35 am

Why do you think they don't want us to know the history of Marxism, and denigrate teaching history in schools?
Speaking as a person who has studied historical, archaeological and anthropological subjects at the highest level I find just about everything you say as laughable. What a strange little world you have constructed for yourself.
Maybe you should drop the chip off your shoulder and actually get some education - you might learn something - "might" being to operative word.
Education helps the educated man to have the insight to know when he has a chip on his shoulder, and also when he succumbs to confirmation bias. This is one of the uses of reason. Reason confers insight into own motivations.Your response was to denigrate the person whose opinion you disagree with: this is a dishonest ploy and is not how your God would wish you to seek His truth.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

If you had had a better education you may have been taught not to generalise from an insufficient premise.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Belinda wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:23 pm
If you had had a better education you may have been taught not to generalise from an insufficient premise.
[/quote]

If global news is insufficient for you to be able to judge that a mind, designed by biological fact as a life support system, while observing that that very same mind is turning the world into a garbage dump, and atrocities go unchecked world wide, you are slow.

It would take a normal human being months to go over the work I have posted, how much time did you bother to spend on it? What is insufficient is your ability to find your way out of a paper body bag. That is call laziness in body and mind.

Apparently you are unfamilar with Plato's statement that a teacher is the person who has the least credibility when it comes to critiquing the state of human behavior since they claim to have taught it.