Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Christianity

Post by Belinda »

Genital mutilation has been and still is a way to dis-empower people for politico-religious reasons. Male genital mutilation is pretty bad, but female genital mutilation surgically is worse.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:35 pm Genital mutilation has been and still is a way to dis-empower people for politico-religious reasons. Male genital mutilation is pretty bad, but female genital mutilation surgically is worse.
Circumcision is more like toenail clipping than it is like "gential mutilation" -- it's nothing more than the surgical removal of extraneous tissue in infancy. You should read the description in Ayan Hersi Ali's biography "Infidel" if you want to know the difference between that an "female circumcision," which is the (in this case, Somalian) practice of forcible surgery on pubescent girls, involving actualy mutilation and brutal suffering.

There isn't a real comparison to be made there, beyond the idea that both involve some intervention in the loins.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:50 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:35 pm Genital mutilation has been and still is a way to dis-empower people for politico-religious reasons. Male genital mutilation is pretty bad, but female genital mutilation surgically is worse.
Circumcision is more like toenail clipping than it is like "gential mutilation" -- it's nothing more than the surgical removal of extraneous tissue in infancy. You should read the description in Ayan Hersi Ali's biography "Infidel" if you want to know the difference between that an "female circumcision," which is the (in this case, Somalian) practice of forcible surgery on pubescent girls, involving actualy mutilation and brutal suffering.

There isn't a real comparison to be made there, beyond the idea that both involve some intervention in the loins.
If you think chopping off your little baby's foreskin is like clipping his little nails then you are a stupid and cruel father. God knows what you would stop at! I would not have wanted to cut a bit off my little baby's skin.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:30 pm If you think chopping off your little baby's foreskin is like clipping his little nails then you are a stupid and cruel father.
You think you know about this? :lol:

You're imaginging things...very empathetic of you, no doubt, but unfortunately empathetic about what's going on in your own mind, not what's happening to the child.

Babies don't even remember it after the event, and afterward, have no bad effects at all. That's one heck of a long way from what Somalis do to their women.

Like I say: read the book, and you'll know.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

you may or not have anything in common with him when you do "suss out what he's sayin" .
Yep, therefore I spend less time worryin' about what scholars have to say and more time doin' my own assessin'. If I'm gonna disagree or agree with someone it'll be becuz I agree or disagree, not cuz some authority does.
Male genital mutilation is pretty bad
As a circumcised fella, I tell you plainly: it works, I'm not in pain, and, I'm told, it's pretty. It may be a useless procedure, but it ain't nuthin' horrific.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

A circumscribed penis is always gonna be a cleaner penis, see. Regardless of the procedure's religious significance, it is an excellent preventive measure against shmegmafication.

Especially for active males involved in labor intensive work, athletics or military duty.

Uncircumscribed males would need to very often skin em back and wash em off to prevent buildup of unsolicited clothing lint, body hairs and natural skin oils.

Also a question for the ladies. How could you possibly let a dude slip you an uncircumscribed boner without first skinning it back to check the area for such unsolicited materials?

There could be an unpaid insurance bill or even an old wheat thin cracker in there, and you wouldn't even know.

I very much appreciate and am grateful to be circumscribed. I like a good clean cock, all areas easily accessible for cleaning. I don't want to have to retract, extend, disassemble or engage a part of my cock to clean another part of it, know what I mean? It's a cock, not a fuckin espresso machine.
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:14 pm
uwot wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:56 amThe way is narrow only because it is whatever suits you and the few people who agree with everything you say.
Well, that goes for any text, doesn't it?
Yes it does, but not many texts are claimed to be inspired by a god. Anyone who believes that all such books bar one are the work of lunatics are only one out.
henry quirk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:14 pmDoes, however, interpretation negate the text? Is there nuthin' of value there beyond interpretation? The text is, after all, a communique, a transmission from someone to someone. You may interpret, or adopt an interpretation, but the person on the other end of the transmission, don't you have some obligation to suss out what he's sayin'?
The thing is you don't have persuade the writers that you have understood them; you only have to persuade yourself. A lot of the problems in the world are a direct result of different interpretations of the bible and other 'holy' texts. Some people cannot tolerate others disagreeing with their interpretation, because it means that others disagree with them.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Christian anarchists are the most fun. Tolstoy for instance. In the world of D&D they would be of the 'chaotic good' alignment, I think.

The beauty of it is in the irony of how much good will these Christians could have toward men while living by the principles of an utterly unworkable system of anarchism, and to be so innocently naive of this fact.

Religious text provides no economic theory for a society larger than a village. it gives no instruction for transactions larger than trading your camel for your neighbor's daughter.

Is this a consequence or a cause of the anarchism? Shirley a consequence. Because pure anarchy certainly would result if anybody ever tried to run a world based on Christian economics.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Holy fuck did I just put that in the wrong thread I think.

Wait a minute where am I?
uwot

Post by uwot »

promethean75 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 pmA circumscribed penis is always gonna be a cleaner penis, see. Regardless of the procedure's religious significance, it is an excellent preventive measure against shmegmafication.
So is water. If you have enough water not to die, you have enough to spare a little for your glans.
promethean75 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 pmEspecially for active males involved in labor intensive work, athletics or military duty.
Has it never occurred to you that the male of every species on the planet has a cover for their winky? If circumcision served any useful function, nature would have tried it.
promethean75 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 pmUncircumscribed males would need to very often skin em back and wash em off to prevent buildup of unsolicited clothing lint, body hairs and natural skin oils.
Oh yeah? What research do you base that claim on? The only function circumcision serves is to discourage masturbation. Judging by the reaction of the circumcised on this platform, even that doesn't work.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:37 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:30 pm If you think chopping off your little baby's foreskin is like clipping his little nails then you are a stupid and cruel father.

You're imaginging things...very empathetic of you, no doubt, but unfortunately empathetic about what's going on in your own mind, not what's happening to the child.

Babies don't even remember it after the event, and afterward, have no bad effects at all. That's one heck of a long way from what Somalis do to their women.

Like I say: read the book, and you'll know.
You make my blood run cold.
uwot

Meanwhile...

Post by uwot »

...in the irony void between Mr Can's ears:
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:37 pm
In fairness I don't think Belinda knows you are a father, but the stupid and cruel is on the money.
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:37 pmYou're imaginging things...very empathetic of you, no doubt, but unfortunately empathetic about what's going on in your own mind, not what's happening to the child.

Babies don't even remember it after the event, and afterward, have no bad effects at all.
Well that's the end of your abortion causes suffering argument.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

promethean75 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 pm A circumscribed penis is always gonna be a cleaner penis, see. Regardless of the procedure's religious significance, it is an excellent preventive measure against shmegmafication.

Especially for active males involved in labor intensive work, athletics or military duty.

Uncircumscribed males would need to very often skin em back and wash em off to prevent buildup of unsolicited clothing lint, body hairs and natural skin oils.

Also a question for the ladies. How could you possibly let a dude slip you an uncircumscribed boner without first skinning it back to check the area for such unsolicited materials?

There could be an unpaid insurance bill or even an old wheat thin cracker in there, and you wouldn't even know.

I very much appreciate and am grateful to be circumscribed. I like a good clean cock, all areas easily accessible for cleaning. I don't want to have to retract, extend, disassemble or engage a part of my cock to clean another part of it, know what I mean? It's a cock, not a fuckin espresso machine.
People having sex often prefer the action of the unmutilated penis. There was a sound political reason for removing foreskins which was to make masturbation less enjoyable. Abrahamic religions are opposed to Dionysian practices which tend to make people unruly, and they even disapprove of full appreciation of the body.
Last edited by Belinda on Fri May 27, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Has it never occurred to you that the male of every species on the planet has a cover for their winky? If circumcision served any useful function, nature would have tried it."

Yes of course bruh I'm not saying uncircumscribed penises present any clear and present danger to the species like on the scale of an asteroid the size of Australia, a deadly epidemic, a war against china or even a reelection of trumpf.

Btw I say pseudo-scientific stuff I have absolutely no basis for all the time. It's called philosophy dude.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Everyone seems caught up in the old covenant when arguing Christianity. Yet the new covenant and what it means is ignored in favor of accepting the Hebrew personal God.

The indwelling Holy Spirit and the heart of flesh replacing the heart of stone is irrelevant when arguing circumcision rules the day. Progress??