Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 pm
Alexis Jacobi to Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:09 pm I am interested in exposing, if it is possible, all areas where distortions, exaggerations and lies have been concocted and injected into modern interpretation (of reality).
Great! Me too! :D I apply it, however, to all interpretations... rather than using it to justify/bolster a certain storyline.
But YOUR storyline "lacewing" IS, "There is NO One Truth" and because you BELIEVE this to be ABSOLUTELY True you keep 'trying to' bolster or justify this when you can.

As ALREADY PROVED True above.
Age
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:42 am
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:48 pm “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
That is a statement attributed to him but, in fact, he did not say that. (If my sources are correct)...
Ah, good to know! I think I may have heard that before. The value of the statement rings true, though, doesn't it? Regardless of the exact wording or who said it. A lack of specifics doesn't diminish the value of the point being made. :D
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm My impression? You have developed a discursive shtick that you use all the time.
Pretty shallow conclusion of yours for what I've described and expanded on across many posts -- but I understand your resistance to anything that questions your beloved position and theories.
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm Can Lacewing transcend Lacewing? now that is the question!
She does it all the time! Being open to more is a way of life.
But "lacewing" is NOT open to 'more', as can be CLEARLY SEEN above.

"lacewing" is just as CLOSED as the "christian" BELIEVER is CLOSED.

AGAIN, as can be CLEARLY SEEN, and PROVED True, above.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:42 am Otherwise, it probably wouldn't occur to her to notice or talk about it, much as it doesn't occur to those who apparently cannot even conceive of such a thing unless they are given a frickin' handbook.
But OF COURSE there is ALWAYS MORE to what is NOT absolutely AND irrefutably True. This is JUST plain OBVIOUS, is it not?

And just AS OBVIOUS is that what IS absolutely AND irrefutably there can NOT be 'more' to. BUT, you would NOT YET be AWARE of this Fact because you are LIMITED by your very OWN limiting BELIEFS.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:42 am I find it baffling that anyone cannot imagine there always being more that is worthwhile to explore and consider.
You are ONLY baffled because of that VERY LIMITING and VERY DISTORTED BELIEF, which you HOLD to be true.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:42 amBut it's interesting to realize how some people are content to live in extremely small Universes with small little gods fashioned after themselves. :D
And, 'you' "lacewing" ARE a GREAT EXAMPLE of this very phenomena here.
Dubious
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:43 amInteresting that you frame that claim in the passive voice. In the passive voice, the doer of an action is left unspecified. But we should specify it, because there are certainly plenty of authorites who disagree with that statement.
Ephesians is placed in the "disputed" index of Paul's epistles compared to those genuinely written by him.

https://discoveringancienthistory.wordp ... forgeries/
https://catholic-resources.org/Bible/Paul-Disputed.htm
https://www.bibleodyssey.org/en/people/ ... authorship

...and there are many more links.
...the extraction of "god-worshipers" or "god-fearers" from the Judaic fold...
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:43 amSuch a project is never mentioned or considered anywhere in Scripture.
Of course not since scripture, as you mention, IS the bible and not ABOUT the bible. You may know a lot re the former but almost nothing re the latter.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:07 am Ephesians is not considered an authentic Pauline epistle.
Ephesians is placed in the "disputed"
So...in your view, if somebody "disputes" something, that automatically makes it "not considered authentic"? You regard the former as providing evidence for the latter? And it doesn't much matter who is doing the "disputing"?

However, there are the following:

http://www.bible-apologetics.com/history/ephesians.htm
https://zondervanacademic.com/blog/who-wrote-ephesians
and the most commonly quoted academic treatment:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=A5M3AA ... &q&f=false

So it seems the "disputes" are based on critics suppositions about literary comparability of style and language, primarily, not on hard data. About the content and canonicity, there's no reasonable doubt among the important scholars, and all agree that the book was considered fully trustworthy and canonical by no later than 95 AD...which also implies that it was being regarded as authentic even earlier than its official incorporation.

So I would say you can put your mind to rest on that count. But you can read DeRoon if you want to lose yourself in the details of that debate. He's quite thorough.
iambiguous
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by iambiguous »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 am
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

And, what EXACTLY is the God of "moses" and "abraham"?
It is the God that Christians, Muslims and Jews worship and adore. Each given their own Scripture.
So, in other words, you really do not know, correct?

Or, are you able to explain what 'that' is, exactly, which so-called "christians", "muslims", and "jews" worship and adore?
I am myself an atheist. So, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking me regarding what I know. I do know that regarding Christians, Muslims and Jews I start here:

"The Abrahamic religions are a group of monotheistic religions that strictly endorse worship of the God of Abraham. These most notably include Judaism, Christianity and Islam, as well as the Baháʼí Faith, Samaritanism, the Druze Faith, and others." wiki
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

When EXACTLY is 'judgement day', and, what EXACTLY happens on 'judgement day'?
Exactly? Here, of course, it comes down to faith. Since no one [to the best of my knowledge] has ever actually demonstrated the existence of Judgment Day, individual Christians, Muslims and Jews take their own existential leap of faith to whatever they think it is. And that's the beauty of faith. Nothing really has to be demonstrated. It's all "in your head".
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

But, 'you' wrote it here, as though it was some 'thing' REAL. So, I am asking 'you'.
That's not my point. My point is to note that Christians, Muslims and Jews all seem to believe in the same God. Just different "versions" of him.
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amWhat 'difference/s', exactly?
Well, you'd have to run that by them. The first thing that comes to mind, of course, is Jesus, Muhammad, and the fact that historically, Jews don't recognize either as the Son of God or the Messenger of God. At least to the best of my knowledge.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm So, what happens when the Christian dies and, given Judgment Day, the God of Moses rejects the Jesus Christ rendition.
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amBut how many of these God 'things' are there exactly?
Also, "judgment day" has absolutely nothing at all to do with when one individual human dies.
God "things"? Not sure what your point is. And if you believe "in your head" in a God, the God, my God, Judgment Day can become the center of the universe as far as you are concerned. On the other hand, believing something "in your head" about your own death and actually demonstrating why all rational men and women are obligated to believe the same, is, from my frame of mind, very different.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

God gave 'you' immortality since your conception into this One and ONLY Existence. And, God would NEVER say one 'deserves' more or something else, from "another". This is because God KNOWS, EXACTLY, WHY 'you' are EXACTLY how 'you' ARE.
And one would go about demonstrating this...how?
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amVery easily and very simply.
Then, please, by all means, do so.
iambiguous wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 pm Of course, there are those who don't put much stock in Judgment Day at all. Their own "private and personal" God is considerably more tolerant when it comes to connecting the dots between morality "down here" and immortality and salvation "up there".

God doesn't think at all like hundreds of millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews around the globe think He does. No, instead, God thinks like they do.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 amBut God does NOT 'think'. God KNOWS.
Okay, but in the absence of actual demonstrable proof that a God, the God, my God does in fact exist, doesn't that then come down to what each individual Christian, Muslim and Jew merely believes to be true in their head?
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amNo, not at all.
Okay then empiriclly, materially, phenomenologically etc., what does it come down to?
Dubious
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:30 pm
Dubious wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:07 am Ephesians is not considered an authentic Pauline epistle.
Ephesians is placed in the "disputed"
So...in your view, if somebody "disputes" something, that automatically makes it "not considered authentic"? You regard the former as providing evidence for the latter? And it doesn't much matter who is doing the "disputing"?

However, there are the following:

http://www.bible-apologetics.com/history/ephesians.htm
https://zondervanacademic.com/blog/who-wrote-ephesians
and the most commonly quoted academic treatment:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=A5M3AA ... &q&f=false

So it seems the "disputes" are based on critics suppositions about literary comparability of style and language, primarily, not on hard data. About the content and canonicity, there's no reasonable doubt among the important scholars, and all agree that the book was considered fully trustworthy and canonical by no later than 95 AD...which also implies that it was being regarded as authentic even earlier than its official incorporation.

So I would say you can put your mind to rest on that count. But you can read DeRoon if you want to lose yourself in the details of that debate. He's quite thorough.
Ephesians whether disputed or not - biblical scholarship puts it on the disputed list, one rarely sees it on any undisputed one - none of it matters; even those verified not to be by Paul, since one can claim it all as propaganda in attempting a separation of the Christian version of Judaism (as it existed then) from its historical OT roots. The upshot, it all amounted to the creation of an incorporated myth called Christianity. The history of that is much more interesting taken on a secular historical basis, - comprising most of Western history - compared to anything as boring and obscene as having to believe in Jesus to be saved.

True as well, much of what was considered trustworthy that long ago has long been debunked - a process already begun in the 19th century. The integration of modern archeology and exegesis is many times more powerful in breaking new ground regarding Paul and the Roman world in demystifying ancient documents and sites, reordering one's thinking on the subject, that is, where the required mental osmosis is still available.

There is no escaping that the internals of the bible have long become a subject of study rather than belief. In the latter, it's ONLY the bible that speaks; in the former, it's research and study in ascertaining how those beliefs came to be and rule.
Age
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 am
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm

It is the God that Christians, Muslims and Jews worship and adore. Each given their own Scripture.
So, in other words, you really do not know, correct?

Or, are you able to explain what 'that' is, exactly, which so-called "christians", "muslims", and "jews" worship and adore?
I am myself an atheist.
So, when ANY one asks the one here known as "iambiguous", What is the answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?' you will ALWAYS answer, "I am myself an atheist", correct?

If you do, then what you WILL find out is that that answer IS Wrong. But anyway, 'you' are absolutely FREE to LOOK AT and SEE 'things' in absolutely ANY way you so may wish to.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm So, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking me regarding what I know.
Have you ever considered asking CLARIFYING questions? That is; if you were CURIOUS to know, AT ALL.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm I do know that regarding Christians, Muslims and Jews I start here:

"The Abrahamic religions are a group of monotheistic religions that strictly endorse worship of the God of Abraham. These most notably include Judaism, Christianity and Islam, as well as the Baháʼí Faith, Samaritanism, the Druze Faith, and others." wiki
So, you 'know" this because "wikipedia" told you so.

This sounds a bit like how the 'people' of the "abrahamic" religions "know" "what they know", that is; "we "know" because a book told us so".

But anyway so far so good.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

When EXACTLY is 'judgement day', and, what EXACTLY happens on 'judgement day'?
Exactly? Here, of course, it comes down to faith. Since no one [to the best of my knowledge] has ever actually demonstrated the existence of Judgment Day, individual Christians, Muslims and Jews take their own existential leap of faith to whatever they think it is. And that's the beauty of faith. Nothing really has to be demonstrated. It's all "in your head".
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

But, 'you' wrote it here, as though it was some 'thing' REAL. So, I am asking 'you'.
That's not my point. My point is to note that Christians, Muslims and Jews all seem to believe in the same God. Just different "versions" of him.
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amWhat 'difference/s', exactly?
Well, you'd have to run that by them.
SO, you, supposedly, 'know' that the different religions have different "versions" of "him" BUT you ACTUALLY do NOT 'know' what those, supposed 'different' "versions" are. So, how again do you EXACTLY 'know' that they have 'different versions' of "him"?
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm The first thing that comes to mind, of course, is Jesus, Muhammad, and the fact that historically, Jews don't recognize either as the Son of God or the Messenger of God. At least to the best of my knowledge.
We WERE talking about God, but now you seemed to have CHANGED this to be talking about "jesus", correct?
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm So, what happens when the Christian dies and, given Judgment Day, the God of Moses rejects the Jesus Christ rendition.
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amBut how many of these God 'things' are there exactly?
Also, "judgment day" has absolutely nothing at all to do with when one individual human dies.
God "things"?
And, if you had ANY CURIOSITY AT ALL, then you would have come up with at least SOME kind of CLARIFYING question.

If there is ONLY One God, then It would NEVER 'reject' one group of people with a 'different version' of some 'thing' from another group of people and their 'different version'. So, WHY ask the question you did here if there are NOT MANY Gods?

So, I just asked you, 'How many Gods are there, EXACTLY?'
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm Not sure what your point is.
I just added the 'things' word to POINT OUT and HIGHLIGHT the Fact that NONE of 'you', human beings, in the days when this was being written, even 'KNOW' what God is, EXACTLY ANYWAY. So that was and still is 'my point' here.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm And if you believe "in your head" in a God, the God, my God, Judgment Day can become the center of the universe as far as you are concerned.
But I do NOT believe this, so EVERY thing here is moot.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm On the other hand, believing something "in your head" about your own death and actually demonstrating why all rational men and women are obligated to believe the same, is, from my frame of mind, very different.
Okay, but because I do NOT believe ANY thing, NONE of this relates to 'me' ANYWAY.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

God gave 'you' immortality since your conception into this One and ONLY Existence. And, God would NEVER say one 'deserves' more or something else, from "another". This is because God KNOWS, EXACTLY, WHY 'you' are EXACTLY how 'you' ARE.
And one would go about demonstrating this...how?
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amVery easily and very simply.
Then, please, by all means, do so.
The word 'God', in the visible physical sense anyway, just refers to thee Universe, Itself, alone, (of which there is ONLY One) Now, because 'you' were created from God/thee Universe at conception, (and 'you' ARE STILL in creation by the way), what 'you' say and/or do, through the human body, has an everlasting effect, so 'you', literally, are immortal, since your conception.

Now, 'God', in the invisible sense anyway, just refers to thee Mind, Itself, alone, (of which there is ONLY One). Now, God is ALWAYS INFORMING 'you' that 'you' are the MOST SPECIAL person or MOST SPECIAL one in the WHOLE of thee Universe BUT 'you' are also NO more, nor NO less, than ANY "other" person nor one. So, 'you', literally, are NO more 'deserving' of more nor of something else, from "another".

And, this is because 'I', God, KNOW, EXACTLY who AND what 'you' ARE and EXACTLY WHY 'you' are EXACTLY how 'you' ARE.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm
iambiguous wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 pm Of course, there are those who don't put much stock in Judgment Day at all. Their own "private and personal" God is considerably more tolerant when it comes to connecting the dots between morality "down here" and immortality and salvation "up there".

God doesn't think at all like hundreds of millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews around the globe think He does. No, instead, God thinks like they do.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 amBut God does NOT 'think'. God KNOWS.
Okay, but in the absence of actual demonstrable proof that a God, the God, my God does in fact exist, doesn't that then come down to what each individual Christian, Muslim and Jew merely believes to be true in their head?
Age wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 amNo, not at all.
Okay then empiriclly, materially, phenomenologically etc., what does it come down to?
AGREEMENT and ACCEPTANCE.

Absolutely EVERY thing is relative to the observer.

And, what ALL-OF-THIS, fundamentally AND literally, 'comes down to' is just 'that', what is IN AGREEMENT and ACCEPTED by EVERY one.

As can be and WILL BE PROVED True.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 am There is no escaping that the internals of the bible have long become a subject of study rather than belief.
Actually, if you know anything about it at all, it's been both.

The Bible is the most often read, intensively studied and widely believed book in the world. Over 2,000 years of the most intensive intellectual scrutiny by the very best scholars has produced monumental works of art and literature, has affected practically everything in Western civilization, and has generated copious volumes of analysis from every perspective -- scientific, historical, archaeological, psychological, sociological, moral, theological and philosophical.

All that has failed to reduce the Bible to what you claim: an object unworthy of belief. But you have managed it while knowing hardly anything about it at all, apparently.

I marvel at the self-confidence. It's truly remarkable.
Dubious
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 amOver 2,000 years of the most intensive intellectual scrutiny by the very best scholars has produced monumental works of art and literature, has affected practically everything in Western civilization...
Intellectual scrutiny is very different now from what it once was due more to interpretation (which produced half the wars in Europe and
Auto-da-fé's) than the current advanced state of identifying the history of Christianity without any preconceptions of gods having existed. It’s understood that belief is based on the cultural and psychological, not on the factual, which is exactly what modern scholarship and archeology attempt to uncover.

It also wasn’t the intellectual scrutiny by the very best scholars which produced monumental works of art and literature but in the cultural acceptance of Christian beliefs...besides being usually very well paid for what these creators were hired to produce.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 am...and has generated copious volumes of analysis from every perspective -- scientific, historical, archaeological, psychological, sociological, moral, theological and philosophical.
Right!..and they all point to Jesus - as the son of a more primitive god – who’s going to save your soul by your belief in him! You’ve included too many disciplines prone to contradict each other.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 amI marvel at the self-confidence. It's truly remarkable.
What I marvel at is how anyone in this day and age would find it reasonable or in any way feasible, not only to believe but totally accept the idea only Jesus can save your soul...that he's the only one who can do it! , or so the advertising goes! The main precondition for such a belief to root itself is to completely expel any reasoning which hinders the acceptance of such an insane idea which, if truly considered, amounts to an incredibly immoral one.

No matter how heightened the language, what it really amounts to is...believe in me or you’re screwed! The difference between such a dictatorial pronouncement is with a human autocrat you’re screwed now, unless you oblige; but even better, with the godlike Jesus one you’re screwed after you croak for all eternity. There are many suffering or have suffered through most of their lives. It’s good to know they will be rewarded with more - from which there will be no escape - after final release from all the ones they were already subject to by having failed to believe in Jesus.

What a loathsome obscenity gods and religions turned out to be! What kind of brain does it take to still believe this kind of senseless rubbish! It’s signature can only be branded as human with nothing Divine in it!

That’s what’s really remarkable; an adult still believing in some morbid myth in the 21st century which had its beginning 2000 years ago whose consequent history was even more bloody and pathological. This is where Nietzsche's title Human, all too human is most appropriate.
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:29 am
That’s what’s really remarkable; an adult still believing in some morbid myth

HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...

But "Adult" DOESN'T LISTEN.

That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old.

Squawk!

Image
Age
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 am There is no escaping that the internals of the bible have long become a subject of study rather than belief.
Actually, if you know anything about it at all, it's been both.

The Bible is the most often read, intensively studied and widely believed book in the world. Over 2,000 years of the most intensive intellectual scrutiny by the very best scholars has produced monumental works of art and literature, has affected practically everything in Western civilization, and has generated copious volumes of analysis from every perspective -- scientific, historical, archaeological, psychological, sociological, moral, theological and philosophical.
And, you are STILL SO FAR OFF TRACK, in the days when this was being written, that it is completely HILARIOUS to WATCH and OBSERVE all of this play out.

The so-called "intensive intellectual scrutiny" by the so-called "best scholars" MUST HAVE NOT BEEN that VERY 'intensive' NOR the 'best' AT ALL.

If ALL-OF-THIS has been REVEALED to 'me', then 'It' could be REVEALED to ANY one of 'you' ALSO. But, 'i' had been PREPARED MUCH DIFFERENTLY than ANY of 'you' HAD.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 am All that has failed to reduce the Bible to what you claim: an object unworthy of belief. But you have managed it while knowing hardly anything about it at all, apparently.

I marvel at the self-confidence. It's truly remarkable.
Age
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:15 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:29 am
That’s what’s really remarkable; an adult still believing in some morbid myth

HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...
Who is "he", who has been told and told?

But "Adult" DOESN'T LISTEN.[/quote]

'adults' are NOT "he's".

And, "adults" DO 'listen'. But, unfortunately, MORE SO ONLY to their OWN made up ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS, rather than TO what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, which can be CLEARLY HEARD, and CLEARLY SEEN, HERE.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:15 am That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old.

Squawk!
What, supposedly, HAPPENS when one is ONLY a so-called "aspergy 15 year old"?

As PROVED ONCE MORE True, ASSUMING CAN and DOES lead 'you', human beings, FURTHER and FURTHER and FURTHER AFIELD and FURTHER and FURTHER AWAY from what IS thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:15 am Image
What, EXACTLY, does what a cartoon character "says" have to do with ANY thing here?
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:50 am
What, EXACTLY, does what a cartoon character "says" have to do with ANY thing here?
I could say it, but who would believe it.
Age
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:56 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:50 am
What, EXACTLY, does what a cartoon character "says" have to do with ANY thing here?
I could say it, but who would believe it.
Maybe someone.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 5344
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by Sculptor »

RWStanding wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:23 am Christianity
Britain used to refer to itself as a Christian country.
There seems to be little agreement as to what we are today.
In modern terms:
Christianity is not about simple freedom of the individual will.
Christianity is not about simple obedience to moral codes.
Christianity is about informed conformity to altruist values.
Human and other rights and duties are legal constructs based on values.
It is no wonder that Christianity is on the continued decline.
Christendom had the best part of 2 millenia to offer moral guidance, but failed.
It was only after the power of the church was broken that we now have the UDHR, LGBT rights and so on.
Post Reply