Why is slavery wrong?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13445
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by henry quirk »

The slave trade is a big chunk of the economy

it is

does that slave trade include you Henry?

nope

Are you a part of this slave trade

nope

are you a slave too?

nope
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 pm The slave trade is a big chunk of the economy

it is

does that slave trade include you Henry?

nope

Are you a part of this slave trade

nope

are you a slave too?

nope


But someone has to play the slave role ….right?

Why does the slave trade affect you then if you are not part of it? Why say it’s wrong?

Do you think slavery is wrong?

Are you asking others why is slavery wrong because you don’t know the answer?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13445
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 pm The slave trade is a big chunk of the economy

it is

does that slave trade include you Henry?

nope

Are you a part of this slave trade

nopet

are you a slave too?

nope


But someone has to play the slave role ….right?

Why does the slave trade affect you then if you are not part of it? Why say it’s wrong?
in other words: why is it my business?

cuz it's wrong

I've never been raped, but I oppose it cuz it's wrong

I've never been murdered, but I oppose it cuz it's wrong

why are these things wrong? I explained that just up-thread

I'll try again...

a person's life, liberty, and property are his...to take them, abuse them them is wrong...these belong to him and no other
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13445
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by henry quirk »

Are you asking others why is slavery wrong because you don’t know the answer?

nope

thread started as a mockery of veg for shenanigans in her freedom thread

now: it's place for you to imitate age
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 pm The slave trade is a big chunk of the economy

it is

does that slave trade include you Henry?

nope

Are you a part of this slave trade

nopet

are you a slave too?

nope


But someone has to play the slave role ….right?

Why does the slave trade affect you then if you are not part of it? Why say it’s wrong?
in other words: why is it my business?

cuz it's wrong

I've never been raped, but I oppose it cuz it's wrong

I've never been murdered, but I oppose it cuz it's wrong
Ok then the answer to the question why is slavery wrong is because it’s wrong.

So what? The world is a wronged place, it’s a broken place, we are the only ones responsible for the wrongs …right?

Every new child born into this world …entered a wrong and broken world, that was not their creation..right?

But we do it anyway, we have more children already knowing the world is wrong and broken. Is that a good idea? Is it fair to impose this world on a child, knowing they may have to play the slave role?
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm

now: it's place for you to imitate age
What a strange thing to say… we are each and everyone of us trying to understand the world into which we are born.

I am in no way interested in imitating that irritating annoying character that goes by the name of Age.

If you start a thread then have the balls to lead it the way you think it should be led, you can tell me to shut up or you can engage with me until we both understand each other…personally I’m very interested in the things you say. If you are bored shitless with how I respond to you then just say it straight to my face, and I will stop responding and not feel or think any less of you.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13445
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by henry quirk »

Ok then the answer to the question why is slavery wrong is because it’s wrong.

nope

it's wrong becuz -- 3rd and last time -- a man belongs to himself

you, DAM, belong to you

for another to come along and lay claim to you, therefore, is wrong

and, as you know you belong to yourself, and therefore know it's wrong for another to lay claim to you, you would never consent to bein' property (unless you're a nutjob, in which case you're still not consenting cuz your mind isn't sound)
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm Ok then the answer to the question why is slavery wrong is because it’s wrong.

nope

it's wrong becuz -- 3rd and last time -- a man belongs to himself

you, DAM, belong to you

for another to come along and lay claim to you, therefore, is wrong

and, as you know you belong to yourself, and therefore know it's wrong for another to lay claim to you, you would never consent to bein' property (unless you're a nutjob, in which case you're still not consenting cuz your mind isn't sound)
I agree that we belong to our own self. I have no disagreement with that.

However, someone has to play the slave role, someone has to play the wrong role…right?

Are you saying those people playing the slave role, are insane nut jobs?
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:46 pm
I've never been raped, but I oppose it cuz it's wrong
You know it’s wrong …. And so having this foreknowledge that a human action is wrong, doesn’t seem to deter people from imposing on another human being a world where they can be wronged by others…it’s the risk we take with our children, we sometimes take it for granted that they will not be wronged but it’s still a risk we are taking with someone else’s life…right?
Do you think that’s wrong to do that, or is it right to take that risk? Is it ok to risk life knowing it could turn nasty?

These are important questions I think…

Even knowing that we own our own self, does that protect us from someone murdering or raping us, I don’t think it does, we have no control as to what may or may not happen to us, we could be walking through the park minding our own business and be attacked out of the blue at any time. Someone could jump on us knocking us to the ground, then rape us, or even stab us to death.

Could we have protected ourselves ? We could have if we chose to have never left the house instead of going to the park, but that’s the risk we take when we are exposed to the outside world, where anything can happen to us. . Right?


The only way I can see that we are slaves, is to be a slave to life, we are a slave to our desire to stay alive…right?

Is it wrong to want to stay alive? Knowing we could be raped or murdered or used as slave labourers for someone else?
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13445
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by henry quirk »

Are you saying those people playing the slave role, are insane nut jobs?

nope
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11179
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm Ok then the answer to the question why is slavery wrong is because it’s wrong.

nope

it's wrong becuz -- 3rd and last time -- a man belongs to himself

you, DAM, belong to you

for another to come along and lay claim to you, therefore, is wrong

and, as you know you belong to yourself, and therefore know it's wrong for another to lay claim to you, you would never consent to bein' property (unless you're a nutjob, in which case you're still not consenting cuz your mind isn't sound)
More stupid, shallow cliches...
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13445
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm Ok then the answer to the question why is slavery wrong is because it’s wrong.

nope

it's wrong becuz -- 3rd and last time -- a man belongs to himself

you, DAM, belong to you

for another to come along and lay claim to you, therefore, is wrong

and, as you know you belong to yourself, and therefore know it's wrong for another to lay claim to you, you would never consent to bein' property (unless you're a nutjob, in which case you're still not consenting cuz your mind isn't sound)
More stupid, shallow cliches...
insult with no substance

refute me or get bent
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 15281
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:14 pm Ok then let me ask you this question, would you personally involve your own self to do slave labour? Would you be a slave?
It's a completely irrelevant question.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 15281
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm Not believing someone is having trouble with what they are having trouble with is disrespectful by the way.
What I mean is, "I can't believe somebody is saying she doesn't understand this, and isn't just playing a game." So my assumption has to be that you must be playing some kind of game.
Dontaskme
Posts: 12762
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Why is slavery wrong?

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:08 pm Are you saying those people playing the slave role, are insane nut jobs?

nope
Okay, I understand what you mean, you said those who would consent to slavery would be insane to do so, yes I agree, so sorry for the confusion and mix up. Of course no one would consent to slavery, so what situation are those slaves in then? if they are not consenting or agreeing to being a slave...then it seems like they are not too bothered about being wronged in their playing the role of a slave, in the slave trade that is a big chunk of todays society.

My point is...I'm still confused as to the point you are making Henry, because there are lots of wrongs that humans do to each other, in human life, humans in my opinion are parasitic by their very nature...we're just like ants and bees....

Human knowledge is aware that there cannot be a master without a slave and vice versa... but that doesn't seem to deter people from their will to live, so to me that just implies that people do not care whether they are being wronged as long as their desire to survive is secured, by whatever means possible, even if that means being wronged by others.

This is the point I am trying to get through to you..is that fair to say? ..maybe the human world is the way it is because humans like it that way? if they didn't like it they would do something about it...How could it be any other way than the way they like it ....these are some of the key points you should be more concerned about....right?
Post Reply